I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options

Replies

• butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ....all those huge dudes flexing their muscles into the mirror and going "oh yeah, yeah, yeah"...it sounds awkward and you look silly...save it for home!

Love this!! I totally agree!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Old ladies that come into my classes and ask me to turn the music down. It's Body Pump people! Gotta feel the BEAT! ;-)
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Their price! Everything else I could deal with.
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    the folks that set the speed and incline on the treadmill so fast and high that they have to hang on to the front of the machine. It irks the living **** out of me if you feel the need to hang on for dear life you're goin to fast or cant do the incline. STOP THAT MADNESS please

:indifferent: I do this...it is where my hands are most comfortable...:ohwell:

do you walk/run off the treadmill like that?

lol - no, I move my arms. It's weird, that is just what I am comfortable with on the treadmill when I am walking (jogging I don't hold on that feels strange)...or was. Now of course i will be completely self conscious.

To the other dude (erik) - point taken about the effort - thanks. it's usually just the 5 minute warm up.
  • logitech
    logitech Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good Call! I don't want to see any naked men, especially old naked men. Use a towel!
  • jveccie
    jveccie Posts: 2
    Options
    I would second the naked old man in the locker room thing. Why the hell does being old make you feel it's ok to show us all your saggy balls and *kitten*. I wish they made blinders for the locker room, suddenly you turn a corner and it's a prune convention.
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with you on that but you have to add in the few men that do it too.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

(For me it's dudes who slam the weights down in the weight room)

Planet Fitness is lame for doing that. It's not always intentional, sometimes it's just part of the lift like Deadlifting or Power Cleans. I can't really help it; I mean there's no nice gentle way to set down 300lbs when doing reps of deadlifts. Although I do admit that some men are just stupid about it and do it excessively.

- People who curl in the power racks
    - Men who wear tons of cologne. Seriously, shower and get all primped to hit the gym???
    - People that curl in the power rack and then sit down in the rack and take a 10 minute break in-between sets reading a book.
    - People that don't unrack their weights. If you can Deadlift 400lbs then your *kitten* better un-rack it for the next person that can't.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

That's absolutely not true. I go to the gym straight after work and do not take the time to take off my make-up. That doesn't mean I am not there to work out. I take pride in how I look, whether it be at the gym, grocery store, work, etc. I also think I look DAMN "pretty" when I work out, thank you very much. & I sweat A LOT.

P.S. I also don't break out from wearing make-up to the gym. Let's try and remember that everyone is different.Thanks.

I didn't say that all people who wear makeup to the gym aren't working out hard. But at my gym (I work out at my college) I see a lot of girls just leisurely pedal on the stationary bike for an hour while texting. they tend to be the ones wearing a full face of makeup.

Also, I personally have sensitive skin that breaks out when I wear foundation and then sweat in it. I'd rather be the one bare-faced girl today then be the girl with the giant pimple tomorrow.

I wasn't refering to you in my post. I was refering to the person who quoted you, which I then quoted. That person did make a general statement that included "everyone", not just herself. You, however, did not do that. So it wasn't about you.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    on people who make horrible noises while lifting the weights. we are going for reps most of the time, so if you cant move the weight easily then obviously you arent as strong as you want everyone to think and you need to take some weight off your bar!

A good lifting program has you do low reps high weight, so that is the point, make the weight difficult to lift, get better results. Now the noises usually are not necessary but can sometimes be involuntary.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    People taking the middle of three machines. :mad:

I am so curious what is annoying about this? Seriously, not being snarky here just perplexed! Do tell.

Haha, in one part of the gym there are three bikes in a row, and so many times there is someone on the middle one. I go with a friend and we like to bike together, but we have to sit apart because of the person in the middle. It's like in a bathroom, you should take the outside stalls, not the middle.

You didn't think maybe before you and your friend arrived that there may have been someone next to the person in the middle and they left. Is that person that is now in the middle alone suppose to stop working out and move over! wow! lol omg! 1st world complaints.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    the folks that set the speed and incline on the treadmill so fast and high that they have to hang on to the front of the machine. It irks the living **** out of me if you feel the need to hang on for dear life you're goin to fast or cant do the incline. STOP THAT MADNESS please

lol - no, I move my arms. It's weird, that is just what I am comfortable with on the treadmill when I am walking (jogging I don't hold on that feels strange)...or was. Now of course i will be completely self conscious.

To the other dude (erik) - point taken about the effort - thanks. it's usually just the 5 minute warm up.

my job here is done ;)
  • ChChCharlie
    Options
    Our gym has 1 cubicle in the changing rooms so everyone has to get changed in front of each other.... I don't mind too much but don't wander round naked, I do a quick change under the towel where possible...

The part about this that bothers me is the number of people that come and start touching me and yanking on my towel to look at my tattoos! It's unbelievable!

And the people who pull touch me and generally rearrange my clothing to 'see how far that one goes' I swear I should just punch someone out! Ha ha!

I have a couple, and get that treatment once in a while. I've learned to get pretty stern about my boundaries. My best friend, who has a full sleeve as well as a bunch of other ones, has seriously become such a ***** about strangers touching her... and rightfully so! I can't believe people think that's appropriate. So rude.

I can appreciate curiosity, and if someone asks nicely, I'll usually show them the whole thing or answer questions. But you're not entitled to touch me without asking!

Yes! Exactly! I don't mind showing, When asked... Not while trying to pull my underwear on under my towel! People!
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Um, I kinda do that too, but it's because I only just started using the treadmill, and I'm afraid I'll fall off. . .
    *edit to add* even at low speeds, I'm trying to work up to letting go. . .
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Our gym has 1 cubicle in the changing rooms so everyone has to get changed in front of each other.... I don't mind too much but don't wander round naked, I do a quick change under the towel where possible...

The part about this that bothers me is the number of people that come and start touching me and yanking on my towel to look at my tattoos! It's unbelievable!

And the people who pull touch me and generally rearrange my clothing to 'see how far that one goes' I swear I should just punch someone out! Ha ha!

I have a couple, and get that treatment once in a while. I've learned to get pretty stern about my boundaries. My best friend, who has a full sleeve as well as a bunch of other ones, has seriously become such a ***** about strangers touching her... and rightfully so! I can't believe people think that's appropriate. So rude.

I can appreciate curiosity, and if someone asks nicely, I'll usually show them the whole thing or answer questions. But you're not entitled to touch me without asking!

Yes! Exactly! I don't mind showing, When asked... Not while trying to pull my underwear on under my towel! People!

hrmm i need more tattoos ;)
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on...wearing makeup.

I hate being the only bummy-looking bare-face girl there. :/ but at least I know my workout isn't going to cause me a breakout!

I hear you, clearly you are not there to work out if you have that much make up on. The gym is not a place to meet a mate, you are there to exercise, and that doesn't look pretty if you do it right.

That's absolutely not true. I go to the gym straight after work and do not take the time to take off my make-up. That doesn't mean I am not there to work out. I take pride in how I look, whether it be at the gym, grocery store, work, etc. I also think I look DAMN "pretty" when I work out, thank you very much. & I sweat A LOT.

P.S. I also don't break out from wearing make-up to the gym. Let's try and remember that everyone is different.Thanks.

I'm right there with you! It's one thing for women to make themselves up just to go to the gym, but its another to go to the gym after work, running errands, etc. Plus by the time i'm done with my workout you can't even tell I had anything on!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Now the noises usually are not necessary but can sometimes be involuntary.

Agreed, sometimes it just happens like you have turrets or something.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Fill in the blank!

(For me it's dudes who slam the weights down in the weight room)
    That's mine too. There was this very tall young dude at the gym this week who dropped the heavy dumbbells to the floor after EVERY exercise. So freaking annoying and distracting when I'm trying to focus on good form while lifting heavy. Plus, he was grunting. I wanted to slap him silly.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Women walking naked all over the locker room just for fun.

I am not sure what walking around "just for fun" includes. However, I certainly feel like it's ok to be naked in the dressing room. I hate conservative, Southern gyms that make me feel like I have to hide behind some silly curtain in a cramped space to change clothes. What is the biggie? Also, if I am showering at gym and drying my hair I am probably hot and remaining out of my clothes while getting ready (I do wrap a towel around me) helps keep me cool. Who wants to sweat while applying makeup?

Seriously, if someone has an issue with me being partially or fully naked in the locker room then they really need to stop stairing and mind their own business. I'm sorry that my body makes you uncomfortable . . . well no I'm not. As long as you're not standing there in all your glory in a Captain Morgan stance or bending over showing hole, wtf do I care you're nekked, and why do you care so much that I am?
  • amblee125
    amblee125 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    People who take up machines and space while talking on the phone, reading, etc, etc... and never working up a sweat.

OMG..this drives me INSANE!!!!