When to send relationship request on FB?

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Oh, on another note...
    You said he's in his 30's and you are 22. That is fine, I do not frown upon that at all. Im 26 and was with a 44 yr old and a 39 yr old. However, chances are he is not going to want you to make it facebook official about your relationship, but go ahead and be friends. Like I said in a previous post though. DO NOT GET JEALOUS of his other friends who are girls. Also, if he asked you to go away with him already you might want to think about this relationship. You barely know him!

Thank you! It's great to hear from someone who also dates "older" men. Fortunately I'm not the jealous type.

He is one of those people I feel I have known my entire life, so I simply think we felt extremely comfortable from the get-go. I would make sure to have my own room though.

Thank you! I appreciate the input!

hold on everyone...she feels like she has known him her whole life. maybe they do have that rare connection that so few people find these days. I say go for it! what do you have to lose? would you want to go the rest of your life wondering "what if"....carpe diem! :flowerforyou:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Thank you! I guess the reason I don't want to wait a few months is because I will be out of the country. Then a year later, he will most likely be in my country. After that I will be in my country again as well. ^^

OH! Well why didn't you say that you had to nail down that relationship status now since after the once you've seen each other... you won't be seeing each other for a couple of years.

Makes perfect sense now.

:love:

:huh:

Don't look at me like that
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

Thank you! I guess the reason I don't want to wait a few months is because I will be out of the country. Then a year later, he will most likely be in my country. After that I will be in my country again as well. ^^

OH! Well why didn't you say that you had to nail down that relationship status now since after the once you've seen each other... you won't be seeing each other for a couple of years.

Makes perfect sense now.

Thank you. I'm sorry I often forget to include details like this. I have a very strange life/upbringing, so it's easy for me to leave out details like this. :ohwell:

Just to reclarify: I WILL NOT BE SENDING THE REQUEST AND WILL WAIT UNTIL OUR NEXT DATE OR TWO.

The reason I use FB is because my friends live around the world and it makes keeping in touch easier. Our mutual friend who's party we met at had a crush on me, but I only saw him as a friend. I also feel awkward about this.

AGAIN, I have my answer. THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE WHO GAVE GREAT ADVICE AND WONDERFUL INPUT!

I'm finished with this topic. You guys can continue discussing, but please leave me out of the insults. :laugh:

Thanks again. :flowerforyou:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I want everyone to know I've met this awesome, great guy :flowerforyou:

so, are you just going to kick vinegar to the curb now?
    harsh.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I waited for my boyfriend to ask me when we started dating.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    On one hand, following this thread has been very entertaining.

On the other hand, there's something very Law & Order: SVU about the whole scenario.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    You should never send a Facebook relationship request until you have discussed the issue in person. If you decide that you're "official" in real life, then you can be "official" online as well. In person MUST come first.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've gotta get that fancy sarcasm font *sigh*
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    silliness....what's the harm of asking him to be a FB friend? big deal. I don't see that you're looking to change your status. LOL. Really if you want to ask ask, if you dont don't. Games suck. be yourself and etc.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm sorry I often forget to include details like this. I have a very strange life/upbringing, so it's easy for me to leave out details like this. :ohwell:

Just to reclarify: I WILL NOT BE SENDING THE REQUEST AND WILL WAIT UNTIL OUR NEXT DATE OR TWO.

The reason I use FB is because my friends live around the world and it makes keeping in touch easier. Our mutual friend who's party we met at had a crush on me, but I only saw him as a friend. I also feel awkward about this.

AGAIN, I have my answer. THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE WHO GAVE GREAT ADVICE AND WONDERFUL INPUT!

I'm finished with this topic. You guys can continue discussing, but please leave me out of the insults. :laugh:

I wouldn't let the naysayers here deter you from finding true love. If you don't send it, a year from now you may be asking yourself, "What if?"

Life is short. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there.
  • felice03
    Options

I wouldn't let the naysayers here deter you from finding true love. If you don't send it, a year from now you may be asking yourself, "What if?"

that was my point too...but it seemed to get lost in all the hate and mockery...
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    I'm confuzzled.

Are you wanting to request him as a friend???

Or make the official announcement that you're "in a relationship with...."?

I agree...Requesting to be "friends" and changing your status from single to "in a relation" is totally different.
    Requesting friends..nope not too soon.
  • felice03
    Options
    third time is the charm....
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Don't do it yet. That will most likely scare him off, and fast.

I would wait until you are in a commited relationship.

That
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Folks,

Seriously. Let people ask the questions they want to ask without opening a giant can of judgement all over them.

Does the thread topic violate a forum guideline? No? Then let the thread serve its purpose, which is for the poster to collect advice on a topic meaningful to her.

Does this topic hold no meaning for you? Move on without posting.

Responding to a post with the intent of mocking the user is a phenomenon that's getting out of hand around here, and I am going to be more liberal with strikes when I see it happening.

These forums MUST be a no-bullying, no-ridculing zone, and if that means throwing the Mute switch on those of you who can't keep it civil, I will do it.

Now go play nicely on the swing set or something.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

The swing is boring! I want to go down the slide!!! :bigsmile:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Folks,

Seriously. Let people ask the questions they want to ask without opening a giant can of judgement all over them.

Does the thread topic violate a forum guideline? No? Then let the thread serve its purpose, which is for the poster to collect advice on a topic meaningful to her.

Does this topic hold no meaning for you? Move on without posting.

Responding to a post with the intent of mocking the user is a phenomenon that's getting out of hand around here, and I am going to be more liberal with strikes when I see it happening.

These forums MUST be a no-bullying, no-ridculing zone, and if that means throwing the Mute switch on those of you who can't keep it civil, I will do it.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Thank you Steven. I was wondering if you could please lock this thread. Also, just a thumbs up: there is someone who has continually harassed me on these forums and will send you a private message with their username. I hope that is okay.

Thanks again!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

The swing is boring! I want to go down the slide!!! :bigsmile:

I want to play dodgeball!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

I agree with this too. It seems like you guys may have a few obstacles, like distance and friends and things. Just do it. You never know what could happen.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I can see where this is going

1253449365_cat-on-slide.gif
This discussion has been closed.