Will The Real Dave 198lbs please stand up!!!!

Options

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi,Mike! I think we all agree you have a tough job. Giving hundreds, or thousands, of people from all different walks of life a forum to share the ups and downs of a very personal journey is difficult at best....and I'm sure in many ways, thankless. I appreciate this site in more ways than you'll know.

That being said...

...way to harsh our mellow, dude! :tongue: :wink:

Ok. Back to the seriousness of losing lbs.

Have a good evening, everyone!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I like the idea of a "tough love" forum. My dear, sweet husband, who is deathly afraid of me, wouldn't dare kick my rear in gear. How do you think he's OK with me gaining 50 pounds since we got married?! :) And thanks, Mike for the difficult job you do. You're much appreciated!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    The tough love forum does sound like a good idea. There's a place for it and it's more appropriate then to those who don't want it can steer clear of it.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I doubt a tough love forum will help. You are dealing with people. And someone is always going to get their panties in a bunch over something. It's human nature.
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm just so thankful this site is free!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Amen sister.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options

Here, here! :drinker:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I doubt a tough love forum will help. You are dealing with people. And someone is always going to get their panties in a bunch over something. It's human nature.

Hmmmm, I think the difference between the tough lovers and the soft lovers is the tough lovers have heard it over and over and over again and unfortunately for the newbies they get our exasperated responses.

I have to agree with a reply to a post I saw earlier last month and for those of us that have heard it all before and are past the, dare I say, "stupid questions" (ya I know) to just not even venture into the post because you know it's gonna get your bp up. :explode:

Well, I miss Dave and I think we are all intitled to our opinions and people need to remind themselves that the written word comes off harder than the spoken. :drinker:
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options

Hmmmm, I think the difference between the tough lovers and the soft lovers is the tough lovers have heard it over and over and over again and unfortunately for the newbies they get our exasperated responses.

I have to agree with a reply to a post I saw earlier last month and for those of us that have heard it all before and are past the, dare I say, "stupid questions" (ya I know) to just not even venture into the post because you know it's gonna get your bp up. :explode:

Well, I miss Dave and I think we are all intitled to our opinions and people need to remind themselves that the written word comes off harder than the spoken. :drinker:
    Very well put! Your post sums it up perfectly.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Here, here! :drinker:

HEY!!!!!

June 5 is my birthday, too-- I'd hoped to lose 50 by then-- may not make it, but I'm still trying--

Must remember to catch you on that day-- !!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Holy Dougnuts! I've only been gone a few hours! Sounds like the dust is settling.

MIke, like the others, thanks for the site. It is a critical part of my weight loss program. I can never tell you (all) how much you help me. Thanks.

"Harsh our mellow." I don't know exactly what it means, but I like it!

Dave, if you are lurking - see you on Marla's BD.
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    Wow. Banned because of the 'breed' comment? That's really sad because I value his advice and his blunt replies are usually the ones that stick with me!

I hate that some over-sensitive person has the power to take away privileges of someone that could help so many people.

Over sensitive people should not breed. rolleye0011.gif

...especially if you're over-sensitive to the sun. Your children would be prone to skin cancer. You don't want that on your conscious, do you? Some people have over sensitive stomachs as well.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    People need to stop acting like 5 year olds and tattle tailing! Some are worse than my kids! I'M TELLING MOM ON YOU! Oh I'm sorry if I offended anyone:noway: :grumble:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Holy Dougnuts! I've only been gone a few hours! Sounds like the dust is settling.

MIke, like the others, thanks for the site. It is a critical part of my weight loss program. I can never tell you (all) how much you help me. Thanks.

"Harsh our mellow." I don't know exactly what it means, but I like it!

Dave, if you are lurking - see you on Marla's BD.

What a nice present that will be!!!
  • fatstrat
    Options
    People need to stop acting like 5 year olds and tattle tailing! Some are worse than my kids! I'M TELLING MOM ON YOU! Oh I'm sorry if I offended anyone:noway: :grumble:

Are you saying I shouldn't breed?!? :mad:

Maybe you're right. :cry:
  • sarabear
    Options

No I am saying take Dave's sarcasm with a grain of salt.:wink:
  • fatstrat
    Options

It's ok if you did. I wasn't gonna tell. :wink:

:drinker:
  • sarabear
    Options

Sorry but I saw nothing of breeding earlier, haven't been on for a few days, but it just seems a lot of people take his comments to heart. :smile:

It's ok if you did. I wasn't gonna tell. :wink:

:drinker:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    OMG that "harsh our mellow" just cracks me up! The first time I heard my 17 year old step son say that I was like "what did you just say". LOL

Kids these days.........lmao
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    OMG that "harsh our mellow" just cracks me up! The first time I heard my 17 year old step son say that I was like "what did you just say". LOL

Kids these days.........lmao

That's a quote from a movie and for the life of me I can't remember what movie it was:explode: