Will The Real Dave 198lbs please stand up!!!!

Options

Replies

• librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    Cody-

PS

[/ When I read the thread I thought the 'do not breed' comment was directed at the person who originally did the post.....
    I must correct what I posted here. I did not go to the second page of posts because if I had I would have seen it was not directed at the original poster. I'm still getting used to this site and I sometimes forget that some posts have many pages. That being said, it seems so eerily quiet without Dave.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Whats up with the missing Dave thing, sorry I'm out of the loop.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Whats up with the missing Dave thing, sorry I'm out of the loop.

He got sent to the principal's office for another 30 days for "personal attacks."
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    He was being a bad boy.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    He was being a bad boy.

Excuse me, but Unless I'm stupid, isn't he always a bad boy, that is part of his sarcastic charm!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    He was being a bad boy.

Excuse me, but Unless I'm stupid, isn't he always a bad boy, that is part of his sarcastic charm!

Yeah, well, this time it cost him 30 days. If there's a next time, it'll be permanent!
  • czewwhat
    Options
    He was being a bad boy.

Yeah, well, this time it cost him 30 days. If there's a next time, it'll be permanent!

Wow, I guess I haven't been here that long, sometimes I laugh so hard that I have to get up and go to the restroom after reading his posts, I would miss all that laughing!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    He was being a bad boy.

Wow, I guess I haven't been here that long, sometimes I laugh so hard that I have to get up and go to the restroom after reading his posts, I would miss all that laughing!

Yeah, think of all the calories burned you'll be missing out on!!! :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    He was being a bad boy.

Yeah, think of all the calories burned you'll be missing out on!!! :laugh:

Yeah, and all the laundry I will save by not wetting my pants!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    OMG that "harsh our mellow" just cracks me up! The first time I heard my 17 year old step son say that I was like "what did you just say". LOL

Kids these days.........lmao

That's a quote from a movie and for the life of me I can't remember what movie it was:explode:

Oh, I didn't know that it was from a movie. I'll have to ask my step son. I just know he has my two pre teens saying it all the time. LOL
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Dave back yet?:glasses:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

I think there is still 26 days to go. :indifferent:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Well hells bells!! :noway: :glasses:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

WOW....
    FREEEEEE DAVE

I think w/ out Dave, Max is getting a little too full of himself...what are we going to do about this?
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Perhaps, MIr, if you sit very still, you can channel Dave!

Do you feel the desire for a big rare steak? Or do you want to tell someone to get in the kitchen and start cooking or cleaning? Chop chop?
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    He's probably somewhere eating Cool Whip straight from the tub! :laugh:

(I know I'm going to get it when he gets back!)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    OMG that "harsh our mellow" just cracks me up! The first time I heard my 17 year old step son say that I was like "what did you just say". LOL

That's a quote from a movie and for the life of me I can't remember what movie it was:explode:

I think Pauly Shore used to say that in the 90's.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

OMG, I loved him
    what was the name of that movie when he went to the farm..the first time I saw that I almost died laughing...
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options

OMG, I loved him
    what was the name of that movie when he went to the farm..the first time I saw that I almost died laughing...

SON-IN-LAW
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Here is an interesting comment on the origins of "harsh my mellow" sent to me by cmriverside. The source is World WIde Words:

[Q] From Pierre Garon, Canada: I read in the newspaper the following sentence: ‘And if that is not enough to harsh his mellow, his pal wades in about making the rent and getting his act together’. I make a wild guess that harsh one’s mellow might mean to ‘harry one some more’ but it might be a case where your lights are needed.

[A] You’re pretty much there. Don’t harsh my mellow is American slang, meaning variously and roughly “don’t treat me badly”, “don’t get on my nerves”, “don’t make life difficult for me”, roughly the same as buzzkill in phrases like “don’t be such a buzzkill”. It’s a development of US campus slang, in which in the 1980s harsh became a verb in the sense of “to mistreat”, “to be very unfair to”.

The longer expression seems to have originally been West Coast drug and hacker slang of the middle 1990s. It became more widely known in 1997 when it turned up in The Online Adventures of Ozzie the Elf on ABC television. When Ozzie is criticised by an elf in Santa’s workshop, he says, “Don’t harsh my mellow”. Since then, as you’ve discovered, it has begun to appear from time to time in mainstream newspapers and magazines; I’ve seen it in Time magazine and also in the issue of Fortune for March 2003: “That guy really harshes my mellow, and I don’t appreciate it”. However, it has not yet become, and may never become, a common slang term in the USA.

Mellow here was presumably at first a reference to that gentle high one gets during a drug trip but may well now have been modified to refer to any comfortable feeling of being at ease. To harsh it is to introduce a jarring or discordant note, usually because you’re being criticised or leaned on by some figure of authority.
    :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

So, there you have it.