Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My wedding pictures.... :-(
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me if I was pregnant. enough said.

My hubby is doing it too his motivation is his bad knees.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I know its cliche but a picture. Not of my face, I already knew that my face was fat, but I could not get over how huge my legs were! OMGoodness, they could not possibly be that big! I couldn't take my eyes off of them. Thought for sure my eyes were playing tricks on me. I knew then I was on a long, winding road to no where good. I had to get healthy and thinner!!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    <<<<< See my before picture? When I first saw it, I realized something needed to change.
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    I'm not sure there was an a-ha moment... just wanted something new to do... I know it sound stupid but I was bored so this seemed like it would take up a lot of time :)
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When my friend's Mother posted my profile pic of me on FB and I realized my extra chins had returned big time.
  • Roseisadreamer
    Options
    when i looked at photos of me from parties recently compared to 2 years ago...and when i bought my scales and they were into the 160's - a weight i vowed i would never reach!
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    probably the first time I got called fat
  • jorowling
    jorowling Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had turned 40 a couple of months before returning home from a wonderful holiday with my children to visit their grandmother. Looking through photos (OMG those horrible photos), I realised that I didn't swim with them, I didn't get up and play with them, I sat and watched them having fun with their granny. When I saw the photo of us dressed up to go out to dinner (my profile pic) I realised that I DID NOT want to be this way anymore.....found MFP, got my head in the right space, and have lost 22lbs and 8.6 inches so far.....looking forward to the rest of the journey and being FABULOUS and 41!!!
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When I realized that the man I have been with for 2 years have never seen me naked... When I put in my clothes and they fit tighter every other month... When I realized I wasnt eating because I was hungry.. When I saw the way that my husband looks at me.... When I realized I am miserable, and cant anyone change this but me.. When I realized a lot of things.... ! It's time.. I always knew that it was time to lose weight, but didnt take it to serious. My A'ha moment was just right NOW! ( Never read these things before.. Just thought about em.. Now that I can actually see it, it makes me really sad....
  • yag1630
    yag1630 Posts: 92
    Options
    When my favorite shirt does not fit me anymore and a child called me fat. I suddenly started running and running which gave me something to start with and found this website which I never know was existing.

MFP! yeeeaahhh!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    When I was lacking energy while my mother was being hospitalized for a month -- it was excruciating, the late nights, and overseeing her medical care - hospital are dangerous - but that is when realized I needed to become more alert, sharper and to defy the aging process, by becoming more fit, and healthier.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I went dress shopping for my sisters wedding and I was the biggest bridesmaid by far and I didnt want to be that in two weddings so here I am, but I have tried on and off for a long tine but this is the longest I have stuck with it and seen changes :-)
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    When I was talking to 2 fat co-workers of mine and one of them said something about "people like us" and I was mortified to realize I had gotten fat. I hired a personal trainer the next day.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Mine is when I went on a date with a guy and i got out of the car and he texted me and said sorry *not my type* I had sent him current pics etc told him I was a bigger girl... it crushed me.. that someone could be that rude... i cried all the way home... then I got pissed.....
    How is that rude? It's honest...
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    When this happened.

TakeOnMe.jpg

Get it...a-ha moment...
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    When I was diagnosed with arthritis at only 23 years of age. It's not actually BECAUSE of my weight, but extra weight increases the pain arthritis causes.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    When my jeans became to tight...and I didn't have the money to replace them.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My a-ha moment was when I was wearing my larger sized clothes and even they were getting too tight! My best friends who were on MFP and who were successful and looking great motivated me to join them! :flowerforyou:
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    When I realized everyone around was losing weight the wrong way and bragging about it ://
    I want to lose weight and get in shape the right way...