Boob job!

Options

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You know, I have not read all the responses so possibly someone has mentioned this already. If that is the case, I apologize!

I am a radiography student. I definitely think you should look into the mammography procedure for women with implants -- it involves pushing the implants back and up into the chest wall so that the actual breast tissue can be compressed for imaging.

That being said, I have several friends with implants and they are all happy with theirs. I think it's a very personal choice, and I think it's great that you are asking questions now!!
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Do it! You will love them! Go under the muscle and don't get saline though.
    I've heard that before, can you tell me why??
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    So excited to see this post. I lost weight years ago (78 lbs) and was about 22 short of reaching my goal and my reward was going to be implants. Long story shorty, gained almost all of it back, never got the implants. Now, I'm determined. I've been a small B (very small B) all my life. I'm 54 - I am hoping by age 55 (for my birthday), I can get them. Is that too old? I want them for ME - no one else. Hubby could care less. Are implants for younger women, or would anyone older get them? It's the one thing I've always wanted.

OMG... so glad to see your post! I am 46 and wondered as well if I am too old. I am past the point of caring what society thinks, I want them for me, not society! But, there is that little voice in the back of my head telling me I am too old.... Why is that? So glad there are others who feel the same way, but the truth is..... we shouldn't should we??
    I just turned 49 and had my boobs enhanced a year ago. You're never too old to feel good about yourself. :)
  • veromancha
    Options
    My husband gave me a choice: Carat diamond, or a boob job. I had been flat chested all my life, and chose the boobs. Then my husband said, "You can't leave the boobs to the kids when you're gone." I got the diamond.

You have one amazing husband!! I'm going to have to share that with mine :bigsmile:
  • veromancha
    Options
    You know, I have not read all the responses so possibly someone has mentioned this already. If that is the case, I apologize!

I am a radiography student. I definitely think you should look into the mammography procedure for women with implants -- it involves pushing the implants back and up into the chest wall so that the actual breast tissue can be compressed for imaging.

That being said, I have several friends with implants and they are all happy with theirs. I think it's a very personal choice, and I think it's great that you are asking questions now!!

Thanks for sharing!! That was a major concern of mine :smile:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Id say go for it and make sure that you post after pics of these B ( . ) ( . ) BIES!! :happy:
  • Kanellopulos
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery in May 2006 and lost a total of 170 pounds. Let's talk about nonexistent. I have absolutely no breast tissue left. Lot's of skin so the girls look okay in a bra and clothes, but I can't go braless or wear anything really sexy. I am now working on losing the extra 50 pounds that I have gained over the last couple of years. Once I get back to my goal weight, I am getting a tummy tuck and breast lift with augmentation. Hubby has already agreed and only wants what makes me feel better about myself. Let's face it, a happy wife makes for a happy husband. I am hoping to have my surgery this winter after the holidays. I say if it is what you need then go for it. Just do your research and go into the surgery with realistic expectations. Gook luck. :flowerforyou:
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm considering a reduction when I reach my goal if my poor boobs are still up there in size. >.>
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I can't wait to have a reduction!!! I have been toting around H+ breasts on my body for the last....I don't know how many years. I can't do jumping jacks, jump rope....or really any jumping....without any kind of pain. I HATE how large they are!!! I want to be pain free, and not get black eyes when I exercise! I can't wait!! I want to lose some more weight to see if they go down on their own, but I think I will need some kind of surgery anyways because they will be deflated bags!!!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    you and me both!!!:drinker:
    except i don't just want boobs...i want an entire mommy lift!!
    lipo my thighs, tuck my tummy and give me some perky girls!!
    good luck on ur journey
    Pam:flowerforyou:

My hubby says that when I get to my goal weight and maintain it, I will get a mommy makeover! (breast lift, tummy tuck and lipo around the hips and thighs. I am about 8-13 pounds off my goal weight, then I want to maintain for a while before doing it.
  • brat021502
    brat021502 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've wanted one also once I started losing weight and that. But as I have reached my goal and just waiting for the rest of my skin to go away (yes it will tone up your muscles and drink plenty of water, helps with the skin elasticity!) My boobs are starting to finally go up again as I continue to work the breast muscles:) Key to it all is to have patience, I've been working on this for over 9yrs and after all the battles of babies and other abdominal surgeries, I've lost 41lbs and boobs are slowly going up and skin going down:) Not saying it's not the way to go but hope for others who's been thinking of but don't want to only cause of the possibility of things not going back to normal, it will just give it time.
  • Rayman233
    Rayman233 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Paid for my wife to have one after her:wink: 136# weight loss. She well deserved it in my opinion and you should too !
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My husband gave me a choice: Carat diamond, or a boob job. I had been flat chested all my life, and chose the boobs. Then my husband said, "You can't leave the boobs to the kids when you're gone." I got the diamond.

You have one amazing husband!! I'm going to have to share that with mine :bigsmile:

Thank you! I agree, he is an amazing man! Good luck with your decision; I know it's not easy.
  • veromancha
    Options
    It will be 11 weeks out from surgery tomorrow(FRIDAY) where I got the "girls" and tummy done!! Love my results...feel great, don't regret the decision...love the fact I don't have a flap of skin hanging over......

Think it's a personal choice and a personal decision, and agree with previous posters...do your homework about the surgeons! Mine was excellent!
    That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!!
  • veromancha
    Options
    Paid for my wife to have one after her:wink: 136# weight loss. She well deserved it in my opinion and you should too !
    What Great husbands!! I guess I never really asked mine, I know he would do the same :wink:
  • veromancha
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your (amazing!!) goal, but I have a hard
    time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (I know, I know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you
    to look.

Thanks for all the support!! I really appreciate it! Makes me work harder to reach my goal :flowerforyou:

Sorry to be harsh.

Or...maybe it has nothing to do with society...Although you obviously won't believe that. *rolls eyes*

Based on the original reply how is having a boob job any different than losing weight? It could be said that both are done because of being pressured by society. Why do you even care if she wants a boob job....they aren't your boobs. I also give a very generous eye roll.
  • veromancha
    Options
    Thanks for all the support!!:flowerforyou: I really appreciate it! It makes me want to work harder to obtain my goal!! Can't wait to get there and when I do, I can't wait to post tasteful before and after pics :wink:
  • Maxingtonbear
    Maxingtonbear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you and me both!!!:drinker:
    except i don't just want boobs...i want an entire mommy lift!!
    lipo my thighs, tuck my tummy and give me some perky girls!!
    good luck on ur journey
    Pam:flowerforyou:

This, for sure! Although I'd definitely jump at the chance for just a boob job! My kids WRECKED that area. :P
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Verogomez, you have a beautiful family! First and foremost congratulations on that and your weight loss progress and future goals!
    Pregnancy, breastfeeding and weight loss can take a very negative toll on the body and breasts for many women. There are a lot of options to help some of the areas you would like to improve. Please do lots of research and meet with a number of plastic surgeons before making any decisions. There are a number of resources and supportive forums that you might benefit from, please feel free to message me and I'll tell you more about it. Good luck with your journey and always remember it is about you and what makes you happy.

To the negative posts on this thread, I had my first breast augmentation at 20 years old because in high school I looked like a 14 year old boy with no chest at all. It hurt my self confidence and made me unhappy with how I looked. I do not feel like my choice to improve myself was immoral. I would think lying, cheating and stealing would be immoral. But I never lied about what I wanted or what I did. I am open about my augmentation, and I know not everyone agrees with my choice. But we are all unique individuals and no one person has the right to judge others or make them feel badly for their wishes. If you think about it, it was pretty immoral of me to stuff my bra with all the wonders that Victoria Secret had to offer because that is lying and trickery in essence.
    What about the guy who said he would have a hair transplant because of a receeding hair line? That's a change to what God gave you. Is that also immoral?
    And why does a drastic change affect the level of immorality? So my first augmentation wasn't quite immoral, but the one I had five months ago to go bigger (probably what you might consider "beach ball barbie") is more immoral?? And like others have said, society does not get to see my breasts. This was a choice made after much consideration and research by myself and my husband.

I am not asking anyone who is against plastic surgery to defend themselves, but I do not think it is respectful to pass judgement on this woman or any person at all for wanting to improve themselves. I'm on this forum to improve myself and find support along the way. I respect people who do not want surgery, that's fine for them. But please have the same respect for those of us who have made the choice to do so.

Very well said! If I could afford it, I would get them too. This is something that has always taken its toll on my self esteem. I dont know why, but it has.

I agree...it is a very personal decision, and nobody has a right to tell anyone what to do, or how to feel. What makes me so sad, after reading all these posts, is the fact that we let the size of our breasts define who we are as women; and I did too. I felt robbed of my birthright....all the women in my family had beautiful, well-proportioned breasts. Mom was a C cup and Grandma was a D. How in the world did I get stuck with an A? After the birth of my first 2 children, I settled in at a B, but the "girls" still didn't look right to me. My husband has never complained...thank God, breasts aren't his favorite female body part! Now that I'm older, I can appreciate all the different facets that make me a woman; not just a certain body part, or two. I lost one of my best friends 9 years ago to breast cancer. She was in her mid 30's and left behind a beautiful 11 year old daughter, and a husband. During treatments, she never hid her perfect little bald head under a wig, and I bet, had she survived, she wouldn't have had reconstructive surgery. I learned a lot from Kathy. We are all perfect and beautiful in our own way; with or without breasts.
  • trishbadgett
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your (amazing!!) goal, but I have a hard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (I know, I know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Sorry to be harsh.
    not sure how old you are or if you breast fed any babies but let me tell you as a 52 year old lady who did breast feed my beautiful babies...it takes a toll BUT PLEASE DO NOT FORUMLA feed those babes to avoid this....it is sooooo worth it. It is the MOST special time of your life. I feed both of mine for a year. But when I look in the mirror I am not happy. I do not want bigger boobs, just back where the used to be. Not for anyone but myself. I just do not like the way the look and sure whenever I can get the money it is something I will do.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!