HIIT cardio explained - A GREAT way to run

Options
14567810»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What's the best way to monitor/keep track of the timing for this?

Timex has a cheap watch that allows setting up intervals, it'll beep when time to change to the other thing.

Sadly, the cheap only have 1 set of intervals. During the jog part you'd have to mess with the timings for the 1:1 coming up, but not too bad.

Or, if you really want to get into stats and such for even much more than this, Garmin GPS HRM systems have whole workouts you can put in, with goals during that part of the routine.

I tweaked my current one closer to this routine, with desired HR levels to not go over during recovery, or min to get above, ect.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that HATES HIIT? I know the benefits but I hate it so much I never do it....
  • M1chelles5
    M1chelles5 Posts: 107
    Options
    Bumping to read l8r
  • angelicscars
    angelicscars Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    really useful! thank you for posting this!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What's the best way to monitor/keep track of the timing for this?

Timex has a cheap watch that allows setting up intervals, it'll beep when time to change to the other thing.

Sadly, the cheap only have 1 set of intervals. During the jog part you'd have to mess with the timings for the 1:1 coming up, but not too bad.

Or, if you really want to get into stats and such for even much more than this, Garmin GPS HRM systems have whole workouts you can put in, with goals during that part of the routine.

I tweaked my current one closer to this routine, with desired HR levels to not go over during recovery, or min to get above, ect.

Well, not as cheap as I thought I remembered.
    But it's one of Timex's Ironman series that allows setting up intervals nicely.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&node=3375251&keywords=interval+timer+watch+timex&tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=13444471170&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=357377847515969319&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_9gh07afar9_b

Some price ranges.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information
  • mulvanc
    mulvanc Posts: 7
    Options
    Bump
  • sunnykt
    sunnykt Posts: 66
    Options
    Bump!
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love inteterval training runs. I feel like Wonder Woman when doing the sprints

*sings* Fighting for our rights, in her satin tights, Wonder Woman! :tongue:
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    bump
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • racward
    racward Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, if you have a smart phone you can download a free app called HIIT at the android market. Once its on your phone, you just type in the timing you want when completing the intervals and the number of rounds you want to complete. Hit "Go!" and your off. The app counts down each 'work' and 'rest' period so you know when to sprint and when to jog. The really good thing is you can play your music while you run the app so you can put together a really intensive playlist to help you get through the workout!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    Bump. Thanks!
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump