yummy, filling breakfast under 200 cal!

Options

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thank you kindly for posting. I may mix it up and use mushrooms and veggies instead of the meat.
  • maggcat
    maggcat Posts: 3
    Options
    yum!
  • maggcat
    maggcat Posts: 3
    Options
    yeah this sounds good, but I'm thinking it's got to be at least 400 cals. 200 in the eggs and egg whites alone, the sausages are 100 cals for 3 links, and the cheese you're looking at probably about 100 too, so yeah 400 is more like it.

DIETERS BEWARE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE (for 200 cals at least, still a fairly healthy a filling breakfast)

She said twice, it's 2 servings
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I will have to try that this weekend. :)
  • mrsepiphany
    mrsepiphany Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Banquet Brown & Serve - Turkey Sausage Breakfast Links, 3 links 110 2 7 9 1 390
    Great Value - Mild Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 1/3 cup 110 1 9 7 0 180
    Great Value - Egg White Only Large, 2 egg white 34 0 0 7 0 110
    Egg - Whole, Large Raw, 2 egg 140 0 10 12 0 140
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 394 3 26 35 1 820
    Per Serving: 197 2 13 18 1 410
  • mrsepiphany
    Options
    yeah this sounds good, but I'm thinking it's got to be at least 400 cals. 200 in the eggs and egg whites alone, the sausages are 100 cals for 3 links, and the cheese you're looking at probably about 100 too, so yeah 400 is more like it.

DIETERS BEWARE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE (for 200 cals at least, still a fairly healthy a filling breakfast)

it is a 2 serving pie! I put the ingredients broken down below
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    you can cut calories even more by using liquid eggs. 1/4th cup is only 30 calories (about the equivalent of 2 whole eggs). I absolutely LOVE liquid eggs.

You just gave me another idea for cutting cals :) Thank you thank you!!!!!!! :)
  • mrsepiphany
    Options
    really good with a some salsa! about 2 tbs is only 10 cal!
  • fluguma
    fluguma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Using weight watchers shredded mexican cheese cuts another 30 calories and their cheese is really good! Great recipe, thanks for sharing!!
  • gymbug813
    gymbug813 Posts: 11
    Options
    you can cut calories even more by using liquid eggs. 1/4th cup is only 30 calories (about the equivalent of 2 whole eggs). I absolutely LOVE liquid eggs.

You just gave me another idea for cutting cals :) Thank you thank you!!!!!!! :)

No problem! There are tons of ways to cut calories, sometimes it just takes a whole lotta time in the grocery store flipping things over to see the nutrition label. Sometimes I spend 15 minutes in one section...people probably think I'm crazy!
    Kraft even makes 25calorie sharp cheddar cheese slices...who knew?
  • mrsepiphany
    Options
    i have been doing the same thing the last two grocery shopping trips i had.

No problem! There are tons of ways to cut calories, sometimes it just takes a whole lotta time in the grocery store flipping things over to see the nutrition label. Sometimes I spend 15 minutes in one section...people probably think I'm crazy!
    Kraft even makes 25calorie sharp cheddar cheese slices...who knew?
    [/quote]
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    is that 1 serving? if so, there's no way its only 200 calorie.s.. 2 eggs along have 160

yeah its not 200 for the whole thing. now way, with 2 whole egs and 1/3 cup of cheese. the nutritional info is wrong
  • mrsepiphany
    Options
    2 servings!
    is that 1 serving? if so, there's no way its only 200 calorie.s.. 2 eggs along have 160

yeah its not 200 for the whole thing. now way, with 2 whole egs and 1/3 cup of cheese. the nutritional info is wrong
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump to try! Thank You! :smile:
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Why can no one read?
  • mrsepiphany
    Options
    Why can no one read?

lol!
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just saw this on Pinterest! Bump
  • hollyjeanw
    Options

I was definitely thinking the same thing.
  • misshilary
    Options

I was definitely thinking the same thing.

she has said 3 times now that it's for 2 servings
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Seriously...are people only reading every other post?