Do you think you can judge...

Options
QueenJayJay
QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
...a person's personal, professional, etc. life, based on what they portray themselves as online? Why or why not?

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    depends. Are they an over sharer?
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

Of food, or status updates?

This matters.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

Of food, or status updates?

This matters.

both?
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    -wtk
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    nope..what people post up online is only a fraction of who they are and what they do.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I think the way somebody portrays him or herself online says a lot about who they are in real life. A lot of people act online the way the WISH they could in real life!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Why or why not?
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

You should research this group a little more. They seem quite shady
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I think you can to a certain point. Some people are more comfortable online so they may come out of their shell more, while in real life they're quite reserved. I think for the most part though, most people are similar to how they are in real life.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    People put up fronts in real life, It's hard to judge anyone until you get to know them. The internet makes it even easier to put up a front, hide certain things, etc.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the only people I judge online are the drama makers.

They have nothing else to do than to create drama online which is pretty sad if you ask me.

I imagine their lives are either full of real life drama and they thrive on it OR they need to get some healthy hobbies ASAP.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdEoMeNV65d0moAUxL0Me8qQok-fbI0YohTUyzbxmQlQV5Ij4XoHSRSA3P
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    nope..what people post up online is only a fraction of who they are and what they do.

I couldn't agree more!!! Unless, they just are completely open & honest about all aspects of their lives. But, I think most people don't open up that much online... I could be wrong, though.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    And the rude has begun! *ding ding* Didn't take that long!

Anyway, to answer the question, I don't think so. A lot of people feel that they can say or do whatever they want on the internet. Things they wouldn't normally say or do in real life.

For some reason people go with the "you can be anything you want to be online" all the time.

Just my two cents.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I say instead of donating to invisible children we donate to www.savethechildren.org
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    To answer the question, I am who I am online, in real life. I have no brain to mouth/finger filter.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    nope....I only hope that the people I interact with here are half as awesome as they seem, because they would still be three times as awesome as the people i dislike!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    people can me. I am a equal opportunity a$$hols.
This discussion has been closed.