Do you think you can judge...

Options

Replies

• angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Why are u asking/ Afraid people may think you are as rude in real life as you are on the internet. @ AngieD80.... dogs dont eat dogs! You are so dumb.

We got a fiesty one in here today. I once had a dog eat a stuffed toy dog, does that count?
  • carlie_carl
    carlie_carl Posts: 285
    Options
    I think the way somebody portrays him or herself online says a lot about who they are in real life. A lot of people act online the way the WISH they could in real life!

totally agree, I think people post or write stuff so they can be seen in a different light
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Only to a point... I do not post enough to give anyone a really big picture of who I am... but if you get to know me and chat with me one on one then you start to know my "real" self. I do think some share more than others online from the get go, but I still think it barely scratches the surface of what makes them tick... or who they are on the inside.

For instance... I'm having a terrible week. Not a single person who doesn't ask me personally knows anything about why. They only know I'm feeling down and sad. But my CLOSEST friends understand.
  • HOTTMESSYGIRL
    Options
    Why are u asking/ Afraid people may think you are as rude in real life as you are on the internet. @ AngieD80.... dogs dont eat dogs! You are so dumb.

It's kind of funny that you have referred to people on the "sight" being douches and yet here you come...

Speaking of rudeness!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

Point of fact....dogs do eat dogs, if they get hungry or angry enough. Could we get a better example?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how consistent a person is. If everything he/she writes reinforces what you think about that person, I'd say the image they've created is probably pretty accurate.
  • angied80
    Options
    I wonder if they get together in real life as well.

I love hanging out with my internet friends.

am i invited to hang out?

The more the merrier! BYOB!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Pretty much. If my "relationship" with you is strictly online then yes, your online behavior will be what my judgment is based on. No, it may not be who you really are in real life but as far as my relationship purposes with you are concerned - that doesn't matter.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I think you can accurately make SOME assessments about a person's personality. People only share what they want others to see online, and the way they choose to portray themselves speaks volumes about their actual character and the traits they value.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

It's kind of funny that you have referred to people on the "sight" being douches and yet here you come...

Speaking of rudeness!

You're right, I was so totally rude. Lawl.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

Point of fact....dogs do eat dogs, if they get hungry or angry enough. Could we get a better example?

Mama dogs eat the stuff off their new born puppies... that kinda counts right?
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer that even in person it's hard to judge someone and "who they are". No one is ever completely themselves.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they get together in real life as well.

I love hanging out with my internet friends.

bring your own boobs? i have those..
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    WHOA_thumb4.png
  • angied80
    Options

Speaking of rudeness!

I bestow upon you the rude crown for the day. Wear it proudly my dear!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Are you some kind of ill-conceived troll?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Speaking of rudeness!

I bestow upon you the rude crown for the day. Wear it proudly my dear!

I feel so honoured! And so unprepared... Where's my speech...
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lo1bi99Qjr1qdbg6jo1_500.gif

*swoon* I have this whole CD downloaded to my MP3.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

bring your own boobs? i have those..

I think it's BYOM...bring your own moobs! :bigsmile:
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Do you not think "can I trust this person?" "do I believe what they are saying?" etc when you are talking to someone... in person or online. The location of the conversation/confrontation doesn't matter. You are still JUDGING if that person is worthy of your trust/respect/opinon.

EVERYONE forms an opinion in some manner.

I can definitely see where you are coming from.

I however, feel as though I cannot form an opinion of what someone is like in their home life, work life, etc. based on MFP or any other site. I don't see what one has to do with the other, but that's just my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.