Do you think you can judge...

Options

Replies

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    What I've learned about people and the internet is that A TON of people don't know the difference between being blunt and honest and being an unnecessary *kitten*.

I am blunt and honest about 90% of the time. And I'm sarcastic and borderline inappropriate half the time. It's just the way I am, it's the way my entire family is.

I think a lot of times people in internet forums REALLY want to be liked and not seen as the "mean" person so they don't let their true colors show. Although for me, I let mine show all the time and I don't really worry about if people like me or not :) Those who do are awesome and those who don't are unimportant.

We must be twins

BACK OFF my woman.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Why?

You can judge someone you meet in person, you can judge someone you meet online.

Its called being a human. Everyone wants to claim that they are non-judgemental and yet... they judge the people that are judgemental. Its a circle. Welcome to life.

That's true. Maybe I should have worded the question a little better. Do you think you can make an accurate judgment?
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    <snip>

BACK OFF my woman.

psh! I'm taking her out for DRINKS! AND WHAT?!?!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    What I've learned about people and the internet is that A TON of people don't know the difference between being blunt and honest and being an unnecessary *kitten*.

I am blunt and honest about 90% of the time. And I'm sarcastic and borderline inappropriate half the time. It's just the way I am, it's the way my entire family is.

I think a lot of times people in internet forums REALLY want to be liked and not seen as the "mean" person so they don't let their true colors show. Although for me, I let mine show all the time and I don't really worry about if people like me or not :) Those who do are awesome and those who don't are unimportant.

We must be twins

BACK OFF my woman.

LADIES...there's more than enough to go around.

I feel popular today :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Of course. I am sure that everyone who sees my posts automatically thinks:

You know, that girl probably is really anti-social in real life. I bet she has a special-needs child and works for a private investigator. Oh, and I am pretty sure she just split up with her husband

Obviously.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I’ve been judged by my mom. <pfft> You guys are easy!
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I think everyone just needs to get along =) Some need to grow a little thicker skin... its a dog eat dog world out there.. If they cant take it on the internet, how are they going to survive in the real world?
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Of course. I am sure that everyone who sees my posts automatically thinks:

You know, that girl probably is really anti-social in real life. I bet she has a special-needs child and works for a private investigator. Oh, and I am pretty sure she just split up with her husband

Obviously.

:drinker:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You can def tell who the crazy ones are!!

crazypeople.jpg
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I think everyone just needs to get along =) Some need to grow a little thicker skin... its a dog eat dog world out there.. If they cant take it on the internet, how are they going to survive in the real world?

or learn sarcasm, joking, general child's play. You only live once, why do it with a stick in your bum?
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Nope! I don't think anyone would guess what I do if I didn't tell them.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Why?

You can judge someone you meet in person, you can judge someone you meet online.

Its called being a human. Everyone wants to claim that they are non-judgemental and yet... they judge the people that are judgemental. Its a circle. Welcome to life.

That's true. Maybe I should have worded the question a little better. Do you think you can make an accurate judgment?

Do you not think "can I trust this person?" "do I believe what they are saying?" etc when you are talking to someone... in person or online. The location of the conversation/confrontation doesn't matter. You are still JUDGING if that person is worthy of your trust/respect/opinon.

EVERYONE forms an opinion in some manner.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Depends on the content of their posts. If they post about their profession in an unprofessional manner, then yes, you can judge their professional conduct from their online posts.

Everything else? Nope. Greatest thing about internet is the anonymity that it affords people in their interactions. People take that and run all kinds of crazy directions, but it doesn't reflect anything about them off the internet.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't think people are generally imaginative enough to create truly unique internet personas. I mean most people are not socipaths nor do they have the time to really commit to such an endeavor. They more usually just tend to emphasize some aspect of their persona and downlplay others. Not to say that there are not real live psychos out there online waiting to pounce and bleed you dry and boil a bunny in your kitchen - there are!

For me, the people I tend to gravitate toward online are generally sarcastic and witty yet pragmatic. They usually take the whole thing less seriously because...it's the itnernet. When I end up meeting them in real life they are almost inevitably exactly as they appear online.

Just like me.

I'm as annoying in real life as I am here.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Why are u asking/ Afraid people may think you are as rude in real life as you are on the internet. @ AngieD80.... dogs dont eat dogs! You are so dumb.

It's kind of funny that you have referred to people on the "sight" being douches and yet here you come...
  • Destinie589
    Destinie589 Posts: 211
    Options
    Everyone makes an initial judgment about someone whether they admit to it or not or whether they publically state it so regardless of it being ok or not or PC or not doesn’t really matter. And some people really need to grow a spine! :flowerforyou:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they get together in real life as well.

I love hanging out with my internet friends.
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    OMG, I have been screaming this for so long. Like people really want to believe that they don't judge, seriously? :indifferent:
    Why?

• DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they get together in real life as well.

I love hanging out with my internet friends.

am i invited to hang out?
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Yes.
    -wtk

This is a wise man. I wholeheartedly agree.
This discussion has been closed.