Do you think you can judge...

Options

Replies

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdEoMeNV65d0moAUxL0Me8qQok-fbI0YohTUyzbxmQlQV5Ij4XoHSRSA3P

Why?
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    i portray myself as a fat ****wad.. in life im a fat dork.. that is known to be a ****wad??.. so.. maybe?
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I think it all depends on what font they use.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    To answer the question, I am who I am online, in real life. I have no brain to mouth/finger filter.

This.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    NO!! anything can be made up, exaggerated, who can you really believe, even close ones can be not what they claim to be, so how can you judge someone you have never met?
    (personal opinion)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    What I've learned about people and the internet is that A TON of people don't know the difference between being blunt and honest and being an unnecessary *kitten*.

I am blunt and honest about 90% of the time. And I'm sarcastic and borderline inappropriate half the time. It's just the way I am, it's the way my entire family is.

I think a lot of times people in internet forums REALLY want to be liked and not seen as the "mean" person so they don't let their true colors show. Although for me, I let mine show all the time and I don't really worry about if people like me or not :) Those who do are awesome and those who don't are unimportant.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    I say instead of donating to invisible children we donate to www.savethechildren.org

Not to derail, but agreed. :drinker:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    What I've learned about people and the internet is that A TON of people don't know the difference between being blunt and honest and being an unnecessary *kitten*.

I am blunt and honest about 90% of the time. And I'm sarcastic and borderline inappropriate half the time. It's just the way I am, it's the way my entire family is.

I think a lot of times people in internet forums REALLY want to be liked and not seen as the "mean" person so they don't let their true colors show. Although for me, I let mine show all the time and I don't really worry about if people like me or not :) Those who do are awesome and those who don't are unimportant.

This is why I love you.
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Most of the people I know online, are the people I've been around and know in real life, and the way they portray themselves online is the exact same way they portray themselves in real life. I for one portray myself online the way I would in real life.
  • HOTTMESSYGIRL
    Options
    Well I think their are alot of people who act like douches on this sight that problay are reel douches in real life. They all seem to gang together. I wonder if they get together in real life as well.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    People put up fronts in real life, It's hard to judge anyone until you get to know them. The internet makes it even easier to put up a front, hide certain things, etc.

the internet also makes it easier to tear down the walls and to be yourself. It can go both ways.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    why judge in the first place?

well, if theyre drama queens, then thats different
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

Or if they only type with caps lock on. I feel like I'm being shouted at!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

We must be twins
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    In my opinion I don't have the right to judge anyone online or otherwise! I am more than willing to listen and give advice that is ASKED for if I know anything about the subject but other than that what right would I have to judge someone else?
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    I wonder if they get together in real life as well.

I bet some of them do. :flowerforyou:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I think for the most part, yes. Some people portray the person they would like to be on the internet... and if they had more self confidence, they'd actually be able to be that person IRL. And some people are exactly the same online as they are IRL, which is usually obvious by consistent behavior patterns and predictable actions.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I think the way somebody portrays him or herself online says a lot about who they are in real life. A lot of people act online the way the WISH they could in real life!

^^^ **LIKE**

I think I'm the same...whatcha see is whatcha get...actually I might be a little more shy and/or modest in person, at first :wink:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Why?

You can judge someone you meet in person, you can judge someone you meet online.

Its called being a human. Everyone wants to claim that they are non-judgemental and yet... they judge the people that are judgemental. Its a circle. Welcome to life.
This discussion has been closed.