bump
  • rataliek
    rataliek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    It is frustrating. I want to start heavy lifting from the ground up. I am starting with body weight exercises. I haven't done ANY type of weight lifting in years. What is so frustrating is that I don't have any heavy free weights and can't afford them at the moment. I also can't afford to join a gym. My significant other just got laid off last month so...

Any suggestions from those who are involved in weight lifting? I am starting the beginner, body weight training from nerd fitness this Sunday....where do I go from there.

HAPPY FRIDAY! ~Michelle
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Amazing!!!! O_O
  • missfayefaye
    Options
    Really inspiring! Thanks for sharing
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm at a healthy weight now and I want to start doing more weight/ strength training but I don't have a gym membership and I'm not quite sure what to do. Other than squats, push ups, crunches, etc. I need an actual program to stay motivated and keep at it I think. I don't know what to do.
  • mybettyboop43
    Options
    This is so inspiring!! Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of belly fat?? Whether its weight lifting or cardio. I know its both but maybe some ideas on what kind of each works the best.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring!! Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of belly fat?? Whether its weight lifting or cardio. I know its both but maybe some ideas on what kind of each works the best.

Just overall fat loss unfortunately. Your body gets to pick when and where the fat comes off. Moderate calorie deficit. Heavy weight lifting, moderate cardio.
  • mybettyboop43
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • TheMarshal
    Options

Just overall fat loss unfortunately. Your body gets to pick when and where the fat comes off. Moderate calorie deficit. Heavy weight lifting, moderate cardio.

Yeah, there's no way to "target" a specific area for body fat loss. Mine usually comes from my arms and legs, leaving my back and midsection a little doughy.
  • mybettyboop43
    Options
    [Thats how I view the middle "doughy"quote]

Yeah, there's no way to "target" a specific area for body fat loss. Mine usually comes from my arms and legs, leaving my back and midsection a little doughy.
    [/quote]
  • mybettyboop43
    Options
    [Thats how I view the middle "doughy"quote]

[/quote]
    I have no idea how this quote thing works....Lets see if I got it this time...
  • hesn92
    Options
    Every female should read this thread....now only if I could convince my wife.....

Show her this post?
  • hesn92
    Options
    I don't get the whole women with muscles thing.. sorry, it turns me right off :-/ Shapely is lovely but muscles are just not womanly. That tight round butt i would kill for, but can you get that without the rest following?

You really think those women look bad? The only one that I think looks bad is the one in the red bikini but she looks like a body builder. And the one in the black thong has really big arms, but she's also flexing them.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    love it....hopefully really soon i will have that butt
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't get the whole women with muscles thing.. sorry, it turns me right off :-/ Shapely is lovely but muscles are just not womanly. That tight round butt i would kill for, but can you get that without the rest following?

Don't flex? :happy:
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Don't flex? :happy:

That's pretty much it. I don't look like I do in my physique pictures unflexed, lol, only women who look like that are a) a contest ready figure/bodybuilding competitor on stage, water depleted, constant tension during pose b) post workout and have a good pump or c) a comic book character. :)
  • Em28wxm
    Em28wxm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    great post :) ive always thought cardio was the best way to shed the flab but i think ill have to start doing more of this!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I recently bought myself a weight set (after getting bored with several months of bodyweight exercises) and cannot wait to see the results (started today!). After I max them out (they're up to 100 lbs), I'll finally invest in a gym membership to *really* get down to business.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Love this post and I have no idea how to post pics, but "serious" weight-lifting for only about six weeks so far has already made a remarkable change in my body.