Replies

• CindyCountingCalories
    CindyCountingCalories Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    BUMP:bigsmile:
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I needed to see this! awesome post, thanks for that.
  • Em28wxm
    Em28wxm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bumping!

The changes are amazing!!:bigsmile:
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    yup :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    NIce!
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    Love this! Super inspiring! The best thing for me about weights is it helps me with my cardio - I get faster with my runs, etc. Love weights!
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    how heavy do you have to lift to see good results like this?
  • rockyshrode
    rockyshrode Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find the right way to incorporate weights into my workouts because I already have big arms and thighs (and not just big because of fat storage, they are actually fairly solid. The big limb genes manifested themselves pretty fast when I was a kid.)

I think weights are probably the only way they will look lean instead of "bulky." They'll definitely never be "skinny."

Love the pics for inspiration.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    oh my GOD~ *adds 50 pounds to all my weights~*
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    LOVE*** Trying to focus on muscle mass right now, myself, and stuff like this makes it more appealing to stick with it!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Here's about three years ago when I got married, my starting point last July when I thought I looked like I did when I got married, and last December, only 17 pounds down:

xge5hl.jpg

Haven't lost a pound since October, but this is my back, and my abs are starting to show in front:

2eowvuc.jpg
  • Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options

"heavy" means heavy for you. Doesn't matter how heavy for you compares with someone else. You just want to get to where you can do 6 to 8 reps of the exercise, but not much more. I feel happy when I fail at my last lift (safely, some exercises I don't risk failure because I don't want to risk injury). There were suggestions earlier of New Rules (which I'm using and agree with) and Stronglifts and the Nerdfitness body weight exercises. I am not familiar with those plans, but they are reputable sources and some great people on here say great things, which is good enough for me.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

"heavy" means heavy for you. Doesn't matter how heavy for you compares with someone else. You just want to get to where you can do 6 to 8 reps of the exercise, but not much more. I feel happy when I fail at my last lift (safely, some exercises I don't risk failure because I don't want to risk injury). There were suggestions earlier of New Rules (which I'm using and agree with) and Stronglifts and the Nerdfitness body weight exercises. I am not familiar with those plans, but they are reputable sources and some great people on here say great things, which is good enough for me.

I was going to say the same thing :) Something you can lift for 6-8 reps, the last couple of reps a struggle but still maintaining good form.

If you lift to failure, you will need a spotter for some exercises.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love posts like this !!! I'm kind of at goal weight and fairly happy with how I look. I do a lot of jillian michaels DVDs and have just added in slightly heavier weights for most of it (heavier for me at 6 kg dumbells). But I'm starting to think I need to add in some proper lifting to get my body looking how I really want it. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?? I have a bench and variety of weights in my shed that my brother has abandoned, but not sure where to start. The pics of the girls earlier look amazing and I do would like tighter abs.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love posts like this !!! I'm kind of at goal weight and fairly happy with how I look. I do a lot of jillian michaels DVDs and have just added in slightly heavier weights for most of it (heavier for me at 6 kg dumbells). But I'm starting to think I need to add in some proper lifting to get my body looking how I really want it. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?? I have a bench and variety of weights in my shed that my brother has abandoned, but not sure where to start. The pics of the girls earlier look amazing and I do would like tighter abs.

New Rules of Lifting for Women available on Amazon.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks janegalt I'll look for it now :)
  • FindingTotalHealth
    Options
    I need to bookmark this. It is exactly what I needed to see.