What's Really Making Us Fat? Its a interesting theory

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Eating less made me un-fat, so I'll just stick with calories in vs. calories out.
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,180 Member
    Options
    I won't disagree that their are chemicals out there that increase likelyhood to put on weight, but experience tells me that at the bottom of it is always eating more calories than one burns off. Sometime due to those substances the number of calories may be lower than one would expect, but even then, a change in diet lowering calories to a deficit and eating nutrient dense foods will result in weight loss.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:

Agreed.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    and another usless theory, on why we are what we are.....

jello.jpg
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    That MUST be it!!! It isnt that I was downing MCdonalds, twinkies, fried chicken and cookies and soda every day and I have a metabolic disorder that was going unattended! It was the CHEMICALS!!!!!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Short story: eat less (but unprocessed foods), move more. Seems to be working well enough for me.

And seriously lol'd at the word 'obesogens.' /eyeroll.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Whats making you fat is lack of self control.

I already know why I'm Fat, Thanks though.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting article! And there has to be a reason for the rash of new diabetics, and especially the late onset of Type 1 diabetes in people. The chemicals, or the genetic manipulation, or the chemical changes we are making to our foods really does play a deeper role than most assume.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    While there can be chemical components to weight/fat gain, they are almost always the result of poor eating control and can be generally corrected by the slow and intentional changing of dietary habits. In the rare instance, a person truly has a problem on an organic level, but as I said, it's RARE. Even "hypothyroidism" and it's prevelance nowadays is more from sedentary lifestyles and poor eating habits than an actual genetic or organic malfunctioning of the thyroid.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting article! And there has to be a reason for the rash of new diabetics, and especially the late onset of Type 1 diabetes in people. The chemicals, or the genetic manipulation, or the chemical changes we are making to our foods really does play a deeper role than most assume.

Late onset Type 1 diabetes is often caused by the the patient contracting a known virus that in turn generates antibodies that attack the pancreas and render it non-functioning for insulin production. The virus is a cold/flu type virus but it's side effects are distinct in this manner.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Honestly its how big our portions have gotten and all the crap they put into convenience food that makes us crave it more like when I would eat fast food I felt like I had to have it and then I would stop for a while then give in one day and couldn't stop again. It is lack of self control and being a lazy society and lack of proper education on nutrition.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Overeating, convenience food, and an over-reliance on meat imo
  • kerry0521
    kerry0521 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Excellent article. I am a big Marian Nestle fan...and I think her words make total sense.
    We know the chemicals and crap can not be possible GOOD for us. I feel comfortable about that and I don't need a study to tell me that eating whole foods made by a plant (not in a plant) is better for my diet and health.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Overeating, convenience food, and an over-reliance on meat imo

Please explain how meat makes you fat. Thanks
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Whats making you fat is lack of self control.

I like you.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Another example of 'blame someone else for a problem I created'.
    It must be anything other than the obvious reasons.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Processed, fake-sugar foods not only are calorie-dense and nutrient-poor, but they contribute to diseases that cause people to have even worse weight issues.

Somehow medication is always the answer, eating real food never is....