This thread is making me fat

hahaha i love it
  • PipeCat
    PipeCat Posts: 13
    lollercoaster

Roffleheh!
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    No one is sticking tubes in you while your asleep, pumping high calorie nutrients into you.

But..but the aliens...

hahahaha
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    This site was meant for support, not insults. :flowerforyou:

oops

I thought this site/forums were made to spurt non scientific theories as fact, quick fix weight loss remedies, high sugar recipes and HRM questions...

my bad

/troll
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    My husband blames Aliens for everything so now I guess their making me fat too. LMAO :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member

oops

I thought this site/forums were made to spurt non scientific theories as fact, quick fix weight loss remedies, high sugar recipes and HRM questions...

my bad

/troll
    I don't know you, but I think I :heart: you.
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member

oops

my bad

/troll

that would be a total troll. my friends would love you.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    chairstunt.gif
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    chairstunt.gif

This is so beautiful I want to cry
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    OMG CRYING LAUGHING OUT LOUD that thing was hilarious
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    bump to read body recomp article
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    It's possible chemicals play a role, but I think this (link below) would suggest that it's mostly just because we overeat.

http://www.faqs.org/nutrition/Diab-Em/Dietary-Trends-American.html
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    I don’t know why both can’t be true.

I mean, a lot can change the amount of calories going in and the amount of calories going out.
    Perhaps something is making us burn less calories, or make our bodies more likely to the store them and not burn them. Perhaps something is making us get calories from something that wouldn’t traditionally be caloric. Maybe chemicals are making our bodies want to hold onto more calories. I am sure those are all variables in the equation.

But physics are physics. Matter can neither be created or destroyed, just changed. You can’t get fat if you don’t have enough going into your system for your body to destroy. Energy has got to come from somewhere, so does your fat.

So I think the end product of the equation is simple, but there is more than one variable.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    For determining causation, anything beats the energy balance model.
  • grinch031
    There's only one thing making us fat. Putting something in your mouth and swallowing. No one is sticking tubes in you while your asleep, pumping high calorie nutrients into you. It's not the high fructose corn syrups, not the lard, butter, oil, meat, chips, etc.

There may be some who say that our children get fat because they eat this and that at school or they have no one restricting what they eat, but it's all nonsense.
    People are proposing taxes on sugar and fats, or out right banning certain fats entirely. What nonsense. We have to take responsibility for ourselves.
    So if you want to know who's really making you fat, look into the mirror and your answer will be starring right back at you.

So why are some people hungry all the time no matter how much they eat and other people eat just enough to stay slim and are not hungry all the time? Is hunger a psychological condition and does it or should it have no effect on actual eating behavior?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    So why are some people hungry all the time no matter how much they eat and other people eat just enough to stay slim and are not hungry all the time? Is hunger a psychological condition and does it or should it have no effect on actual eating behavior?
    Hunger causes people to overeat, but it's still the overeating that causes weight gain. You don't have to take that as offensive or blaming, it's just a fact. There are many causes for hunger besides your body needing food.
  • grinch031
    Hunger causes people to overeat, but it's still the overeating that causes weight gain. You don't have to take that as offensive or blaming, it's just a fact. There are many causes for hunger besides your body needing food.

So even though hunger causes overeating which then causes weight gain, is hunger not important in treating or preventing obesity? Just doesn't make any sense to try to treat the effect (overeating) and not the cause (hunger).
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    I dont care if Im rude.
    Never have, never Will.

Come on don't be silly. Everyone has an opinion and you should be prepared for that and not take it personally.