What's Really Making Us Fat? Its a interesting theory

Replies

• cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Thanks for the link...Endocrine disrupting chemicals such as the ones mentioned "may" contribute to changes in our homeostatic hormone levels, thereby potentially causing weight gain...but for most it was probably calories in.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Overeating, convenience food, and an over-reliance on meat imo

Please explain how meat makes you fat. Thanks

I lost fat by eating more meat and less grain (same caloric intake). So I'd love to hear an explanation for this too.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    I said this wasn't a debate..
    So I Deleted the Link. :D
    HAve a crappy Day

That's pretty rude. If you post a controversial theory, there's going to be a debate about it. Hell, there are debates on here about things that aren't even remotely controversial. It's really no big deal. Welcome to the internet.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member

CRAP! I've eaten like 24 oz of chicken breast today - I am going to gain ALL MY WEIGHT BACK!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    HAve a Fantastic Day.
    Lol just because you started the thread doesn't mean you can dictate how people respond to it. This is a discussion forum. We are free to discuss.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,860 Member
    Well as far as my being fat goes, I'm sticking with my impossible to disprove theory that when I sleep aliens stop time, abduct me, take me away to their space-ship and using a hypnotic control mechanism triggered by their rectal probe (ALL aliens use them, stop looking at me like that!) force me to eat McDoubles, fries and Shamrock Shakes. Then they return me to my bed smelling of McDonald's and proceed to re-start Earth time. Since I have been losing weight, I can only assume that they are being blocked from their nightly visits by either solar flares or Snooki.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member

CRAP! I've eaten like 24 oz of chicken breast today - I am going to gain ALL MY WEIGHT BACK!!!

tumblr_liq0lhd9GG1qblp6jo1_500.jpg
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Processed, fake-sugar foods not only are calorie-dense and nutrient-poor, but they contribute to diseases that cause people to have even worse weight issues.

Somehow medication is always the answer, eating real food never is....

Amen.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    I dont care if Im rude.
    Never have, never Will.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    HAve a Fantastic Day.

I'm not sure what you expected
  • PipeCat
    PipeCat Posts: 13
    There's only one thing making us fat. Putting something in your mouth and swallowing. No one is sticking tubes in you while your asleep, pumping high calorie nutrients into you. It's not the high fructose corn syrups, not the lard, butter, oil, meat, chips, etc.

There may be some who say that our children get fat because they eat this and that at school or they have no one restricting what they eat, but it's all nonsense.
    People are proposing taxes on sugar and fats, or out right banning certain fats entirely. What nonsense. We have to take responsibility for ourselves.
    So if you want to know who's really making you fat, look into the mirror and your answer will be starring right back at you.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    I dont care if Im rude.
    Never have, never Will.

awesome attitude-NOT
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    This site was meant for support, not insults. :flowerforyou:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,860 Member
    No one is sticking tubes in you while your asleep, pumping high calorie nutrients into you.

But..but the aliens...
  • Whats making you fat is lack of self control.

^^
    And greed. There's no cure for that unfortunately.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Lol at Lustig quotes being int he article
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    I tried to be nice for the longest time. I got walked all over.
    I still get walked all over but I lip them off while they do it.
  • PipeCat
    No one is sticking tubes in you while your asleep, pumping high calorie nutrients into you.

But..but the aliens...

Well, exception for them of course :)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    Excuses,excuses excuses..... Its funny that all the "things" are the reason I'm fat but the minute I started watching how many calories I put into my body while still eating alot of the same things I lost 38 pounds. Made those chemicals werent in my serving of McDonalds lol
  • PipeCat
    I tried to be nice for the longest time. I got walked all over.
    I still get walked all over but I lip them off while they do it.

A friend said to me once, 'it's better to get pissed off, than pissed on.'