WRAPPING STOMACH WITH PLASTIC WRAP?!! SAFE?

Options

Replies

• Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Making yourself sweat more does nothing for you except dehydrate you faster. You're not helping yourself by doing this....at all. Sweat does not equal calories burned.

^^This.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

It does nothing but cause extra sweating. No extra calorie burn, no toxin removal, no nothing. Maybe a rash?

And everyone will laugh when you walk into the gym sounding like a bag of chips.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: om nom noms Fritos™

LOL nope not to the gym.. just here at home. in the gym I just wear my reg. gym clothes.. what about a tummy sincher while working out ??
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Well I'm pretty sure it's safe for sandwiches, so why not the body. It will probably keep you fresh until lunch time. But I hear you shouldn't put it in a microwave. So avoid stepping into any human-sized microwaves.... seriously, even if some web page tells you that sitting in a microwave will help you burn belly fat fast.

You sir, are a winner. :laugh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I tried it once... I don't think I did it right though:

Picture347.jpg
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I would only wrap my body in plastic wrap as foreplay.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

It does nothing but cause extra sweating. No extra calorie burn, no toxin removal, no nothing. Maybe a rash?

And everyone will laugh when you walk into the gym sounding like a bag of chips.

LOL nope not to the gym.. just here at home. in the gym I just wear my reg. gym clothes.. what about a tummy sincher while working out ??

What is your actual goal? I seem to be missing it...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

How about...

Just workout without all the crazy shizz attached???

It doesn't work. The workout itself is what works.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Why would you bother with that? Hold your abs in tight while you work out. THAT will do something more than any of this other nonsense. :drinker:
  • jwulgaert
    jwulgaert Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    From my understanding, and I'm no expert mind you, wrapping in plastic or using sauna suits doesn't burn calories, but what it does do is force your body to accelerate it's metabolism to cool itself off.
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options

Picture347.jpg

Oh my God, the laugh I just made was not attractive...
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    what about a tummy sincher while working out ??

I will try and give you a blanket statement to help you out:

Outside of liposuction, you cannot do anything to cause your body to lose fat from a specific area. You need to burn calories through diet and/or exercise or a combination of both and your body will burn fat where it chooses to.

No garments, plastic wraps, or even specific exercises will allow you to influence the location of fat oxidation.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Well I'm pretty sure it's safe for sandwiches, so why not the body. It will probably keep you fresh until lunch time. But I hear you shouldn't put it in a microwave. So avoid stepping into any human-sized microwaves.... seriously, even if some web page tells you that sitting in a microwave will help you burn belly fat fast.

this! This!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

LMAO!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    From my understanding, and I'm no expert mind you, wrapping in plastic or using sauna suits doesn't burn calories, but what it does do is force your body to accelerate it's metabolism to cool itself off.
    Not exactly. It doesn't increase your metabolism...it simply makes you overheat and sweat more. Actual exercise will increase metabolism(temporarily) and cause your body to sweat to cool itself. Wrapping up only makes you more overheated and lose water at a faster rate.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I have some pixie dust....
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've hear of people doing it to loose inches to pass taping in the military but there is more to it then just the plastic wrap and it's only a temp fix.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    sweat loss is not fat loss. saran wrap and tummy belts only make you sweat. as soon as you drink something you've replenished everything that you lost - and you still have all the fat you had when you started.

if you like wasting money and using more products that don't biodegrade and therefore will be with us forever - then continue to wrap yourself.
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Making yourself sweat more does nothing for you except dehydrate you faster. You're not helping yourself by doing this....at all. Sweat does not equal calories burned.

TRUE!!! Listen to this!!! Just do more Sit ups and let muscles burn your fat around belly!
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Not exactly. It doesn't increase your metabolism...it simply makes you overheat and sweat more. Actual exercise will increase metabolism(temporarily) and cause your body to sweat to cool itself. Wrapping up only makes you more overheated and lose water at a faster rate.

Smart man :) !