WRAPPING STOMACH WITH PLASTIC WRAP?!! SAFE?

Options

Replies

• elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    Sweating more doesn't help you lose weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    I gave up on Saran wrap. Now the new Press 'n Seal is great!!

If you want to sweat more, then try doing some deadlifts with heavy weight!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    FIRST AND FOREMOST LOL I WAS ONLY DOIN IT CUZ IT HELPS ME TO BREAK A SWEAT MORE. WITHOUT SOME KIND OF EXTRA SWEATER ON OR DOIN THE WRAP THING I HARDLY BREAK A SWEAT AT ALL...
    2ND I KNOW YOU CANT SPOT REDUCE I NEVER MENTIONED THAT ONCE OR SAID THATS WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR.
    AND 3RD I KNOW WHAT I SWEAT OUT IS ONLY WATER WEIGHT...

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK THO, REMARKS OR WATEVER I EXPECTED SOME RUDE ONES AS WELL BUT I DID NOT GET OFFENDED I DONT OFFEND EASILY HAHAHAHAHA

:)

GOTTA LUV MFP!!

So your point is to sweat more? Why?

Because it's easier to feign working harder than to actually work harder to create sweat.

ACTUALLY NOPE I AM TRAINING REAL HARD..AND HERE'S Y I LIKE TO MAKE MYSELF SWEAT...
    LET ME GIVE U SOME INFO BOUT ME..WHEN I WAS LITTLE MY FAMILY TOOK ME TO TEXAS TO VISIT FAMILY. THEY HAD TO CUT THE TRIP SHORT CUZ I KEPT FAINTING OVER THERE, BECUZ IT WAS SOOO HOT AND I WOULDNT SWEAT! JUST TURN SUPER RED AND PASS OUT!! AND ITS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. :( SO YEA IN SUMMER IF IT GETS TOO HOT AND I DON'T BEGIN TO SWEAT I JUST STAY INSIDE. CUZ IM NOT DOWN TO FEEL ALL DIZZY AND PASS OUT..

HINT!! Y I LIKE TO AT LEAST HELP THE SWEAT COME OUT WHEN I WORK OUT BY WEARING AN EXTRA SWEATER OR SUMTHING. MY BODY IS FINALLY SWEATING HERE AND THERE.
    WITHOUT IT, I WORKOUT HARD AND MY FACE TURNS RED AND I GET ALL DIZZYISH.. ITS JUST ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY..

SO IF YOU HAVE ANY "REAL" TIPS TO GIVE ME OTHER THAN SAYIN I MUST NOT BE WORKING OUT HARD ENOUGH
    I'D GREATLY APPRECIATE THEM :) CUZ I DO WORKOUT HARD BELIEVE ME I FEEL THE BURN, I NEVER MAKE MY WORKOUTS EASY AND IM ALWAYS CHANGING THEM UP :)
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Stretch-Tite wrap from Costco. One roll of that seems to last years. As you lose weight it will last even longer.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    FIRST AND FOREMOST LOL I WAS ONLY DOIN IT CUZ IT HELPS ME TO BREAK A SWEAT MORE. WITHOUT SOME KIND OF EXTRA SWEATER ON OR DOIN THE WRAP THING I HARDLY BREAK A SWEAT AT ALL...
    2ND I KNOW YOU CANT SPOT REDUCE I NEVER MENTIONED THAT ONCE OR SAID THATS WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR.

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK THO, REMARKS OR WATEVER I EXPECTED SOME RUDE ONES AS WELL BUT I DID NOT GET OFFENDED I DONT OFFEND EASILY HAHAHAHAHA

GOTTA LUV MFP!!

Because it's easier to feign working harder than to actually work harder to create sweat.

ACTUALLY NOPE I AM TRAINING REAL HARD..AND HERE'S Y I LIKE TO MAKE MYSELF SWEAT...
    LET ME GIVE U SOME INFO BOUT ME..WHEN I WAS LITTLE MY FAMILY TOOK ME TO TEXAS TO VISIT FAMILY. THEY HAD TO CUT THE TRIP SHORT CUZ I KEPT FAINTING OVER THERE, BECUZ IT WAS SOOO HOT AND I WOULDNT SWEAT! JUST TURN SUPER RED AND PASS OUT!! AND ITS ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. :( SO YEA IN SUMMER IF IT GETS TOO HOT AND I DON'T BEGIN TO SWEAT I JUST STAY INSIDE. CUZ IM NOT DOWN TO FEEL ALL DIZZY AND PASS OUT..

HINT!! Y I LIKE TO AT LEAST HELP THE SWEAT COME OUT WHEN I WORK OUT BY WEARING AN EXTRA SWEATER OR SUMTHING. MY BODY IS FINALLY SWEATING HERE AND THERE.
    WITHOUT IT, I WORKOUT HARD AND MY FACE TURNS RED AND I GET ALL DIZZYISH.. ITS JUST ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY..

SO IF YOU HAVE ANY "REAL" TIPS TO GIVE ME OTHER THAN SAYIN I MUST NOT BE WORKING OUT HARD ENOUGH
    I'D GREATLY APPRECIATE THEM :) CUZ I DO WORKOUT HARD BELIEVE ME I FEEL THE BURN, I NEVER MAKE MY WORKOUTS EASY AND IM ALWAYS CHANGING THEM UP :)

lol

EDIT: You do realize that wrapping yourself in saran wrap around the middle simply expedites your passing out process...
  • arbutamuse
    Options
    Sounds like you might have a genuine medical problem--it is called anhidrosis. You should probably talk to your physician about it. For you plastic wrap may be particularily dangerous because the little sweating that you do is not allowed to evaporate and cool you down. Sweating alone isn't what cools us--it is its evaporation. The plastic wrap will prevent evaporation, which means that the little sweat you do produce will not be able to do its job.

Ever thought of swimming for your workouts? The water will provide the evaporative cooling that you need. However, to really get a good workout swimming you need to have developed good form. The best way to do this is to take lessons. Serious lap swimming is a great calorie burner.

Take your sweating problem seriously and talk to your doc. Here are some good websites on anhidrosis:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003219.htm

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anhidrosis/DS01050

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/men/sweating-odor/anhidrosis.htm
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

GOTTA LUV MFP!!

Hun, this would be when you see a doctor and not wrap yourself in plastic wrap to make you sweat...
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    ok, so the wrap is holding in the little sweat you DO produce, not allowing it to evaporate, which is what cools you, so you are being counterproductive.

Try spritzing with a water bottle instead. It's the evaporation that cools you, doesn't matter if the water came from inside you or from an outside source....
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I tried it once... I don't think I did it right though:

Picture347.jpg
    Too funny
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I use that self sealing wrap, I heard if I keep them fresh, I don't have to eat back my calories.
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

GOTTA LUV MFP!!

Hun, this would be when you see a doctor and not wrap yourself in plastic wrap to make you sweat...

Agreed - if you don't sweat, either you are not drinking enough water/fluids or there is something else going on. I would go see a doctor.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE FOR UR REPLIES, BE IT RUDE OR ACTUALLY HELPFUL.
    TO THOSE OF YOU WITH HELPFUL COMMENTS THANKS A BUNCH :)

Um, YEA usually once I do start to sweat with that stupid wrap on I TAKE IT OFF SO I can allow my body to cool off, I didnt just leave it on. But after reading all these comments DEF. not gonna use it anymore :)
    and I dont think I will ever make it to my doctor Im already 26yrs old and just got use to this is my own health problem I suppose. But yes def. TRYING to drink moooore water these days and only water or plain green tea nuthin else...But overall I feel healthier and pretty good so far so yeah. Just gonna keep working out. :)
  • Zsquared
    Zsquared Posts: 54
    Options
    Well I'm pretty sure it's safe for sandwiches, so why not the body. It will probably keep you fresh until lunch time. But I hear you shouldn't put it in a microwave. So avoid stepping into any human-sized microwaves.... seriously, even if some web page tells you that sitting in a microwave will help you burn belly fat fast.

Bahahahaha!!! Too funny!!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I gave up on Saran wrap. Now the new Press 'n Seal is great!!

If you want to sweat more, then try doing some deadlifts with heavy weight!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

yes!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE FOR UR REPLIES, BE IT RUDE OR ACTUALLY HELPFUL.
    TO THOSE OF YOU WITH HELPFUL COMMENTS THANKS A BUNCH :)

Um, YEA usually once I do start to sweat with that stupid wrap on I TAKE IT OFF SO I can allow my body to cool off, I didnt just leave it on. But after reading all these comments DEF. not gonna use it anymore :)
    and I dont think I will ever make it to my doctor Im already 26yrs old and just got use to this is my own health problem I suppose. But yes def. TRYING to drink moooore water these days and only water or plain green tea nuthin else...But overall I feel healthier and pretty good so far so yeah. Just gonna keep working out. :)

Wait, so people see you pulling plastic wrap off your body when you're working out? :noway:
  • Thin_me2012
    Options
    I don't know why ppl want to do that. I'd rather just buy spanx. Or those belly wraps. Plastic wrap is meant for food. And I don't think you wrap your stomach like your wrap your leftovers. Js. If you want results it takes hard work and dedication! Work out! Even go for a walk. Start slow. If you can't do an hour, 30 minutes, if not that, 15... Then once you've reached that goal. Set another one. Then as soon as you know it you'll be walking or working out longer than you know it. :) Good luck love!
  • missfayefaye
    Options
    It sounds like "anhidrosis." or lack of sweating.

I have something similar and I tend to overheat and feel like passing out during exercise especially during hot days. My legs become spotted with red and feel like they are on fire. I try to keep cool by drinking water regularly. I would definitely talk to your doctor about it.
  • happyhiram
    Options
    Unless you're a wrestler or other combat sports athlete who's trying to cut weight...there is no need for it.

Even then it's not safe. Very easy to dehydrate yourself while wearing plastic wrap.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    and I dont think I will ever make it to my doctor Im already 26yrs old
    That sounds like a great plan.