WRAPPING STOMACH WITH PLASTIC WRAP?!! SAFE?

Options

Replies

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    FIRST AND FOREMOST LOL I WAS ONLY DOIN IT CUZ IT HELPS ME TO BREAK A SWEAT MORE. WITHOUT SOME KIND OF EXTRA SWEATER ON OR DOIN THE WRAP THING I HARDLY BREAK A SWEAT AT ALL...
    2ND I KNOW YOU CANT SPOT REDUCE I NEVER MENTIONED THAT ONCE OR SAID THATS WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR.
    AND 3RD I KNOW WHAT I SWEAT OUT IS ONLY WATER WEIGHT...

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK THO, REMARKS OR WATEVER I EXPECTED SOME RUDE ONES AS WELL BUT I DID NOT GET OFFENDED I DONT OFFEND EASILY HAHAHAHAHA

:)

GOTTA LUV MFP!!

I'm not sure what to be more shocked by. Your age with this response or your thought process.

You are totally not hardcore enough!! You should just cut an arm or a leg off, you'll INSTANTLY lose about 20-30 lbs and have a worry free guarantee you will never gain it back!!!
  • arbutamuse
    Options
    Hold on folks, don't be too hasty to wrap up this wrap! :bigsmile:

In the 1970's a book called "The Total Woman" by Marabel Morgan recommended that we please our men by greeting them at the door wrapped in nothing but Saran Wrap (note the product placement). You young ones might assume that this was some kind of sex manual, but it wasn't; it was one of many antifeminist responses to the equal rights movement. The goal was to please one’s husband by whatever means needed. So, if you want to be a totalled woman, wrap away. :blushing:

Otherwise, don’t listen to those silly loose it quick schemes; they were wrong in the 1970’s and they are still wrong today. There will always be some spa or infomercial resurrecting it to make a quick buck. All of us get taken in from time to time. :flowerforyou:
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ll27ub0KBl1qcn7d7.gif

Your posts are some of the best posts...ever. :-)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    FIRST AND FOREMOST LOL I WAS ONLY DOIN IT CUZ IT HELPS ME TO BREAK A SWEAT MORE. WITHOUT SOME KIND OF EXTRA SWEATER ON OR DOIN THE WRAP THING I HARDLY BREAK A SWEAT AT ALL...
    2ND I KNOW YOU CANT SPOT REDUCE I NEVER MENTIONED THAT ONCE OR SAID THATS WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR.

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK THO, REMARKS OR WATEVER I EXPECTED SOME RUDE ONES AS WELL BUT I DID NOT GET OFFENDED I DONT OFFEND EASILY HAHAHAHAHA

GOTTA LUV MFP!!

Why do you want to sweat more? Sweating has no relation to how much you're exercising, how many calories your burning, how much muscle you're building, how good you're going to look tomorrow or next week, how hardcore you are, or whether or not you're going to fit in to your prom dress. It means NIL in relation to your fitness.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    What's the point except to lose water weight? You're not going to burn any extra calories that way. All that will do is dehydrate you and irritate your skin.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    how many calories do you burn putting it on and taking it off? Is it worth it?
  • arbutamuse
    Options
    Thanks for giving us all some fun today... some items, like plastic wrap and bodies, just beg for humor. We are laughing with you not at you. We have all been guilty of hoping for similar quick fixes where our weight is concerned. Anyone remember the watermellon diet?

I am glad to hear that you are not someone who is easily offended--that is a great virtue that our society needs more of.
    Kudos to you. :flowerforyou:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it's unsafe, but I do know that it's pointless. Sweat is water weight, not fat weight. You sweat water, you drink water, you sweat water, you eat too much sodium you hold onto water, you drink water, blah, blah, blah.

edit: and you break out more.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    they have waist belts to help you when you're working out. they serve the same purpose. you just reminded me to wear mine! i've heard of wrapping the tummy in saran wrap and applying castor oil to the belly before wrapping to take out the toxins while you sleep.

I've heard that our bodies remove 'toxins' all by themselves.

Yes, unless you don't pee or poo of course, or don't have any lymphnodes.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

GOTTA LUV MFP!!

So your point is to sweat more? Why?

Because it's easier to feign working harder than to actually work harder to create sweat.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I once had an 80something patient come in to the ER with Saran Wrap in her Vjayjay.... True story.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I once had an 80something patient come in to the ER with Saran Wrap in her Vjayjay.... True story.

Eww. Why?
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    That sounds really unpleasant
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options

It does nothing but cause extra sweating. No extra calorie burn, no toxin removal, no nothing. Maybe a rash?

And everyone will laugh when you walk into the gym sounding like a bag of chips.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: om nom noms Fritos™

ATTACK!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Eww. Why?

condoms are expensive
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    I can't read this post without thinking about the movie boomerang
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    110-zoolander_mugatu_crazy_pills%5B1%5D.jpg
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    they have waist belts to help you when you're working out. they serve the same purpose. you just reminded me to wear mine! i've heard of wrapping the tummy in saran wrap and applying castor oil to the belly before wrapping to take out the toxins while you sleep.

Itputsthelotioninthebasket3.jpg
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

Eww. Why?
    Oh you KNOW I just had to ask... She said "cause it was itching, and I wanted to scratch up there". The doctor had to do a vag. exam and use forceps to take it all out.... It was quite a bit.... and did I mention it's see thru and difficult to see when wet in a darkened hole? Yea, you got the visual.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    While I was wrestling in high school, there was a huge campaign against this. It is dangerous to work out wearing something that does not allow your sweat to evaporate. Dehydration is not the underlying issue. The true problem you will run into is overheating your body.

Sweat is your body's way of cooling you down, but only if the sweat is able to evaporate. By not allowing the sweat to evaporate, there is no cooling effect therefore putting you at risk of over heating your body during exertion.

While all of the jokes and pictures are hilarious, the truth of the matter is, that wrapping yourself in plastic wrap to work out can have very harmful effects.

On top of that, if you go to the Livestrong website and look this question up, you will get a few articles written on the subject, reasons not to do it, and collegiate research studies showing why it doesn't work and how it can be harmful. Hopefully this helps.

Bottom line, you want results, they start in the kitchen. Eat right and exercise intelligently.

We keep hearing "abs start in the kitchen". Where do you think the plastic wrap lives??
    :smile: