Sticking a knife in my eye, what are your thoughts?

Options
THIS is my way of "answering" some of the posts I see without violating any MFP rules.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories go ahead?
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    Should I soak the knife in cider vinegar 1st or wrap it in saran wrap? Or, poke my eye while I am on the treadmill eating a turkey leg?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Losing an eye is going to really mess with your depth perception. Not sure if you're a runner, but it could be an issue.

Now, sticking the knife in their eye? Hmmm.
  • Erinslove
    Options
    Yes, but how much do eyes weigh? I need to do a depth perception/weight loss analysis and then decide what my best plan of action is.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of the eyes may make a difference on the scale. They are surrounded by muscles, and muscles weigh more than fat. Get rid of those.
  • Erinslove
    Options
    Getting rid of the eyes may make a difference on the scale. They are surrounded by muscles, and muscles weigh more than fat. Get rid of those.

hahahahahaha
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's your journey hon, and every body's different. I say absolutely go for it and don't let any of these haters tell you any different.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    No you should absolutely NOT stick a knife in your eye. I once stuck a knife in my eye and I can tell you now not just based on my own personal experience, but that there are thousands of studies out there - none of which I will link to - that show that sticking a knife in your eye is FAR less effective than sticking a knife in your thigh. I've also worked as a knifer for 6 months and have a Certification of Stabbiness, so you can take what I am saying to the bank.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You might as well chop off a leg. Then you'll really be able to *LOOSE* some weight
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Since I don't have personal experience of sticking a knife in my eye, my opinion means nothing.
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    No you should absolutely NOT stick a knife in your eye. I once stuck a knife in my eye and I can tell you now not just based on my own personal experience, but that there are thousands of studies out there - none of which I will link to - that show that sticking a knife in your eye is FAR less effective than sticking a knife in your thigh. I've also worked as a knifer for 6 months and have a Certification of Stabbiness, so you can take what I am saying to the bank.
    :drinker:
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    knives are used to cut meat. meat is bad. therefore sticking a knife in your eye because you don't want your eye to be meat. then your eye would make you fat.

or something.
  • Erchu12
    Erchu12 Posts: 9
    Options
    Well for me I like a nice stainless steel knife in order to stick it into my eye. Some people prefer plastic but I say go with stainless steel because it's worth it. Now go with it and don't forget to post picz!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that someone with a degree said that sticking a knife in your eye is a great way to lose weight. I heard a friend say their friend was doing it and had great results! Anyone who says otherwise is just jealous that you are better than them!
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Why, are you making EYE CANDY????
  • That1nesha
    That1nesha Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well for me I like a nice stainless steel knife in order to stick it into my eye. Some people prefer plastic but I say go with stainless steel because it's worth it. Now go with it and don't forget to post picz!!

lol the before and after pics! classic
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone have to be so mean.. it's her eye. I mean she can do with it what she wants. Plus, everyone's eyes work differently. A few questions.. do you wear glasses? Do you have dry eyes? What kind of knife are you using. We really should know the stats before we answer this.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Pics... or it didnt happen...
  • KaiteeKarrot
    Options
    yes do it, but you might need to adjust your caloric intake for the day since the whole process (hospital, rolling around on the floor in agony, etc) will burn up a lot of calories.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I suppose weight loss would be more significant. It will be more difficult to find the fridge if you're blind. ;-)