Black Team week 20 I think?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am quitting the no-sweets challenge. I got strawberries and short cake for dessert. Dave said, "I don't want to be mean but isn't shortcake 'sweets'?" There's too much stuff that I guess doesn't even register with me as 'sweets'. That probably means that I really need this challenge but I don't want to keep feeling like I'm failing because I'm thinking of things like doughnuts, chocolate cake, or a candy bar. Maybe I'll try again at another time but I can't do it this time.

I know exactly how you feel. The more I can't have it the more I want it! :grumble:

To make matters worse I just told madison that if she finishes her dinner she can have frozen yogurt with chocolate syrup! I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!

For dessert I am having yogurt and then popcorn! hahaha
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well, bless your heart, Andrew-- double whammy-- quitting smoking and taking off weight. I respect you so stinkin' much-- (no pun intended) Dave, too-- that is so incredible.

There are quite a few on this site that I've seen tackle both simultaneously-- what courage and strength.

Thank God I never got intrigued in smoking-- my parents did when I was small, and I believed the hype-- it wasn't good for me. Go figure-- once upon a time, I guess I really WAS a good girl. :wink:

Don't sweat the no sweets-- 96 pounds lost, 50 for Dave-- you're obviously doing something right, guys--

I'm jumping back on the scale with all y'all tomorrow-- my hormones are running flooey and I'm up 3 pounds of water which I hope are back off by tomorrow-- but either way, I'm not sweating it.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am quitting the no-sweets challenge. I got strawberries and short cake for dessert. Dave said, "I don't want to be mean but isn't shortcake 'sweets'?" There's too much stuff that I guess doesn't even register with me as 'sweets'. That probably means that I really need this challenge but I don't want to keep feeling like I'm failing because I'm thinking of things like doughnuts, chocolate cake, or a candy bar. Maybe I'll try again at another time but I can't do it this time.

I feel your pain. So should have decided on this before we went grocery shopping and bought that pudding. Thank goodness I don't care for devil's food cake because there is a whole one with cream cheese frosting sitting on the counter.
    What was I thinking?!?!?!?!
  • Marla64
    Options

Well, that was quick-- :laugh: I think you're right, you may "need" this challenge, but maybe next time.

Think "dessert." next time, that will help.

Sam-- be strong, woman-- once it's out of your system, you'll feel soooo good!!!!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    So I had lemon creme pie yogurt does that count as sweets? cause if not that might just be what I have for dessserts from now on!! :love: :love: :love:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    So I had lemon creme pie yogurt does that count as sweets? cause if not that might just be what I have for dessserts from now on!! :love: :love: :love:

I hope not, 'cause I had Boston cream pie yogurt this morning. :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options

No, it's all good-- Shuntae, you too-- yogurt is fine.

I often have vanilla nonfat yogurt with strawberries in it-- really, really good-- I make it like a parfait from McDonald's.

Again, for me, it's just been desserty kinda stuff-- cakes, cookies, ice cream, pies-- you know, all that ooey-gooey crap.

Shuntae, I'm even waffling (pardon the pun) on the pudding-- it's pre-measured-- not much difference between that and yogurt-- your call on that one.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

I hope not, 'cause I had Boston cream pie yogurt this morning. :bigsmile:

:love: :love: DE-LISH-OUS!!!!!!:love::love:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

I often have vanilla nonfat yogurt with strawberries in it-- really, really good-- I make it like a parfait from McDonald's.

Again, for me, it's just been desserty kinda stuff-- cakes, cookies, ice cream, pies-- you know, all that ooey-gooey crap.

Shuntae, I'm even waffling (pardon the pun) on the pudding-- it's pre-measured-- not much difference between that and yogurt-- your call on that one.

YAY!!! I CAN do this I have sugar free jello in the fridge!!! I was going to save it but I don't know if it will last that long! And 10 calories is not that bad!

Hubs bought muffins for mothers day dessert and I had one on mothers day he has eaten 5 since then. :huh: :noway: and lost weight! I HATE HIM!! :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

I love vanilla yogurt with strawberries in it. Yummy, yummy, yummy!

OK, so I will keep my pudding, but I will skip the cake, candy, cookies, and other junk. No sweat.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hi...Just checking in. Sorry I haven't been around much the past couple of days. My daughter and grandson are here and I haven't seen them since January. He's 16 months old and so freakin cute.:love::love: :love:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Hi...Just checking in. Sorry I haven't been around much the past couple of days. My daughter and grandson are here and I haven't seen them since January. He's 16 months old and so freakin cute.:love::love: :love:

We are on a new thread. The new black team week 1.

Glad your having a great time with the cutie