Replies

• emeraldowl
    emeraldowl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The type of snacks that I like are:

nuts
    unsweetened dry fruit like figs, prunes, cranberries
    Babybel light
    Total 0% with some fresh raspberries (my favourite snack as it is around 100cals and 10g protein)
    watermelon (love this so much!!)
    homemade popcorn with different seasonings
    Apple with peanut butter

I like to portion my snacks out into little bags and I can just put one in my handbag to take to work with me or quickly grab without having to worry about weighing it all out every time.

I tend not to have too many processed snacks but I sometimes have a bag of Walkers Sunbites every couple of weeks. All flavours tend to be 120cals for a 25g bag
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Can you still use spray oil, like say spray the paper bag inside, then spray the popcorn in a bowl and mix it well?
  • BethieBoops
    Options
    I try to eat unprocessed food, and I don't live in the US. I find it's easier to enjoy fruit, slices of organic mozzarella, veggies in dip (favourite dip is organic greek yogurt with chopped mint leaves or fresh chives) and nuts. I'm trying to eat less carbs, so slices of chicken, or turkey, dipped in a wee bit of hummus makes me giddy. I make my own hummus and dips so I can control the caloric/nutrient content and use dips for everything! I find it easiest to pre measure out my dips into small tubs, so I can grab one, with whatever sticks of veg I want, and know that inside is about 80-100 calories.

I only eat snacks I like, prepared the way I like. For instance, I don't like the feeling of my teeth puncturing an apple, but when I chop them, they are my favourite! Seriously, I love my snacks. I have a hard time eating a "meal" but snacks like these make me happy! i also find that eating like this keeps my blood sugar stable, and I eat less over all (I have become one of those crazy people who realise at the end of the day that I didn't eat enough calories... When did that happen?!)

Keep trying new ways, planning a bit ahead, and you'll find yummy treats that nourish your body and delight your tastebuds.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I eat snack a jacks quite a lot - they are v low calorie for a big rice cake
    Quavers are only 88 cals per back
    I also buy stuff from the boots shapers range, they have a lot of snacks and drinks for under 100cals
    Most of my suggestions have been mentioned but also jelly is great for low cals
    Lastly if you live near a selfridges you can get pinkberry frozen yog

Good luck & enjoy!!!
  • Carolejay
    Options
    I like the Velvet Crunch too - I'd rather eat savoury than sweet, but I like sweet and sour as well, so these fit the bill, especially as they've got a good crunch to them. The cheese and onion flavour is as good as the sweet chilli, and the calorie content of both is snack size!:drinker:
  • RichardCh
    RichardCh Posts: 52
    Options
    I like snack a jacks low cal and more filling than most snack
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7281727
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7281737
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I like snack a jacks rice cakes! Come in loads of flavours and are only 40 - 60 calories depending on the flavour! Salt and vinegar are my favourite!
    Popcorn too! I find to stop it burning in the pan, it helps to make sure you shake the pan every 15 seconds or so. :-)
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Cereal bars and the likes are something ill never eat they are usually sugar filled junk with no benefits.

I dont really like snacking on fruit because again its just sugar and sugar highs and lows make me want more sugar! I appreciate fruit has loads of vitamins so I do eat 1 or 2 portions a day but the sugar levels in fruit is crazy !

I find nuts a perfect snacking food, I eat about 50g nuts a day various ones I cant get enough full of protein and other vitamins and healthy fats not just sugar :-)or a slice of wholemeal toast with light spread.

I get that some people dont like nuts and dont mind eating sugar though.

For junk snacks I eat salt and vinegar rice cakes they are just the best ,low calorie sugar free jelly (such as weightwatchers) or quavers. I also love breadsticks with low calorie cheese spread (like dairylea dunkers).

I am trying not to eat anything that has zero nutritional benefit to myself ... sweets included.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cbrewer904
    Options
    BUMP
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The poster that said watermelon - I second this! You can have massive chunks of it for not many calories.Especially now we're getting nearer to summer .... Yum!

I do pretty much what's already been mentioned - treat sized choccys, sugar free jelly (this with walls light vanilla ice cream is a v low calorie pudding), I am a massive mini milk lover!! They're only 30 calories. Those little petit filous fromage frais pots are handy too.

For savoury snacks I love ryvitas with a laughing cow light cheese triangle on (I can't stand cottage cheese) or crab sticks, they've got very few calories in. Or rolled up slices of Serrano ham :)
  • twilightteamedward
    twilightteamedward Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • horsesandhipbones
    Options
    Cheesestrings and nairns oatcakes! And also, I sometimes get Graze boxes delivered...google them if you haven't heard of them because they're amazing. You get four low calorie snacks for £3.75 and they all taste sooo good :)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    What about Muller Light yoghurts? There all like under 90 cals per pot! and are really nice! I brought loads the other day :laugh: soo my fridge is currently looking all yoghurty :wink:

Or what about mini babybells, i think there not that bad in calories! Or try weight watchers crisps, or the weight watchers cookies or soemthing! Very nice, and low in cals! :bigsmile:
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    For those that like crisps Pom-Bears are 77 cals for a packet.
    I've just bought some fun sized pink panther wafers which are 57 cals per wafer (24 wafers in a packet, 2 packets for £2 in Farmfoods)
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I love a cuppa of coffee (12 cals) and a tube of smarties (178) - total cals = 190!

I have to suck each smartie till it has completely melted. The tube lasts about an hour. It isn't a healthy snack but not many calories for the enjoyment of chocolate and better than my 2 or 3 glasses or wine followed by doritos and houmous that I used to have!!!

x
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Or you could have corn thins (like rice cakes but corn - I think they taste nicer - get them in all supermarkets near crackers, rice cakes etc) I have them sometimes with some reduced fat houmous on. For 2 corn thins they are 50 cals, plus your topping.

Also space raider pickled onion crisps are about 78 cals a bag.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i love space raiders but cant eat them because of my braces: they're just too hard!