UK low-calorie snacks

Options

Replies

• danielle1983cov
    Options
    Cadbury philadelphia! It's amazing. Great chocolate hit for not many calories. If you're going to be (or at least feel like you're being) a bit more naughty you could have a caramel bunny - only 100 cals each! Feels like a real treat.

Velvet crunch (as have been mentioned by lots of other people) are the favourites in our house. Salt and Vinegar ones are the best! We have lots of WW things in our cupboards for snacking 'emergencies' to stop us fleeing to the nearest shop for chocolate! They are really expensive though. And I rather suspect that they are only less calories because they are half the size of normal things!
  • MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I have some mini marshmallows - found in the home baking bit. Or some wee kiddie biscuits and fruit flakes.
  • steveyeu
    steveyeu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Low sugar jellies is a good one!
  • audreyscat
    audreyscat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Snacks - my favourite topic! I have PCOS so as well as calories I have to think about the GI content as I am following a low gi diet

less healthy as in higher GI - but which I still indulge in beacuse I dont want to deprive myself:

Solero ice lollies are soo yummy and about 99 cals - or any equivalent fruit lollys are low in cals
    malteaster bunnies - less than 200
    any kids choc - freddies, buttons, chomps, milky way (btw choc is low gi (or medium- cant quite remember) which i LOVE
    i do love snack a jacks especially salt and vinnegar
    and i WISH they did single twirls - i love them and find it impossible to save half for later

healthy and low/medium gi:

about 30 grams really strong cheddar and an apple

any fruit (but watermelon and v ripe bananas are high gi)

Aldi have really great value nuts

about 25 g of dried fruit - esp a mix which include cranberries and mango - Waitrose do a great selection but are more expensive

a small bowl of low gi cereal with semi skimmed/skimmed milk

homemade low gi muffins - use oats and wholemeal flour and fruit/grated carrots

ditto homemade low gi fruit crumble

low fat yoghurt

oatakes and smoked salmon - with a squeeze of lemon - yum

cooked ham/chicken

tzatiki, or any low fat dip of choice, and sugar snap peas or carrot batons
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Like someone else suggested, popcorn.

I bought a big bag of popping corn from Holland & Barrett last week:
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?PID=3248&searchterm=popping corn&rdcnt=1

It says to use Vegetable Oil I think, but I use spray oil and make sure I spray the pan enough and the corn itself. I had about 25g of it yesterday with a few teaspoons of sweetener. It tasted great, the only problem is that it can burn pretty easily. So I think I would invest in a popcorn air popping machine, maybe then the popcorn won't burn lol. Anyway, that was under 100kcal and 18g carbs, so if you have room for some carbs on some days, try popcorn.

I buy popping corn and pop it in a pan with a lid - no oil or anything. A little shake every now and then to stop it catching and burning.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i tend to eat fruit if i am being healthy.

if i just need something junk wise, then i hit the freddo chocolate bars or similar bars that are under 100 calories. This can sometimes lead me into just stuffing my face though….so will power is needed to only eat one small bar!

velvet crunch are good. Although I have over eaten on the chilli ones to the point i can’t bear to look at them now, but salt and vinegar ones are ok. baked crips rock, but again i struggle to just eat one from the multi-pack, so tend to avoid them :sad:

low fat yogurt is good with low calorie fruit such as blueberries.

10 calorie jelly by Hartley’s.

I just this week remembered that mini milk ice creams are only 30 calories each!, lol

weight watchers stuff.

But my new trick is fruit tea….its around 4 calories a cup and the hot tea fools me into thinking I have taken time out to eat. I just tried raspberry and chilli tea from London tea company, have to say, I loved it!

:flowerforyou:
  • marielouisehilton
    Options
    I agree, the nakd bars are delicious and are on offer in Tesco at the moment for the boxes of four bars :smile:
  • tiggersstar
    Options
    omg i forgot frozen yogurt,

yoo moo! who ever you are who made this....i love you :heart:
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Bumping for 'my topics'!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    hartleys jelly 10 cals
    weight watches mini cakes about 80 cals each
    skinny cow ice creams are 93 cals
    muller lights 100 cals or less
  • lauraemthomson
    lauraemthomson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Snack a jacks 50 cals or a bag for about 90cals, alpen light bars less than 100cals, harley 10cal jelly, nairns choc oat buiscuts40 cals each, the best so far....

Muller light yogurts put in the freezer for a hour.... 100 cal ice cream! yummy! most of these r low in saturated fat.

3932259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I know they not cheap but i love m&s count on us desserts choc muffin or strawberry trifle are fab x
  • tiggersstar
    Options
    just tried cadbury philadelphia, its like melted chochy! was worried it may be too cheesey, but i cant taste cheese at all, its great! 86 c's a 30g pot xxx an alternative to nutella xxx
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    oooh some great ideas so far! i was gonna get some velvet crunch but the shop i was in only had the chilli (don't like any form of chilli) and cheese & spring onion which i don't like the flavour of in any food :frown:

got some chocolate Philadelphia in the fridge (mini pots) what can i eat a pot with though?
    i don't really have a sweet tooth so don't wanna just tuck in with a spoon and i have given up bread as i used to eat wayyy too much.....
  • magnets21
    magnets21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try McVities Light Rich Tea (36 cals) or Tesco (own Brand) Mini Breadsticks (7 cals), I think the larger ones are about 20 cals, or using pieces of apple or orange or other fruit.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Mini Twister ice lollies are only 45 calories each :). I'm loving the savoury suggestions here - I'm another one who can't stop at one packet of walkers baked crisps! Can't have nuts in the house as my son's allergic, so looking forward to trying some of the other stuff when I can get to the shops :) x
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    oooh i love twister lollies!
  • Galish
    Galish Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cheesestrings - 60 cals each!
  • Piglet_26
    Piglet_26 Posts: 104
    Options
    got some chocolate Philadelphia in the fridge (mini pots) what can i eat a pot with though?
    i don't really have a sweet tooth so don't wanna just tuck in with a spoon and i have given up bread as i used to eat wayyy too much.....

The new choco philly is great spread on one of the large chocolate chip snack a jacks (62cals each)

Chocolate chip snack a jacks are my life saver snacks, sooo satisfying for the choco craving and low cals too :)
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    If you go to Boots, they have a shapers range, I find them really good if you're on the go.
    Also, Sainsbury's do little snack pots for £1.00-£1.50 in the chiller, they're really filling. I like the prawn cocktail & Crudites with Cheese & Chive dip, that's only 100 cals.