Options
12346»

Replies

• Isolt
    Isolt Posts: 70
    Options
    please explain how

It's self-evident.

Now then - is it possible to actually discuss each other's food choices without all the piss-taking of people who choose to eat low-carb or primal?

Because, I can safely say that I don't care if all you (or anyone else) wants to eat all day long is carbs. I choose to do otherwise. What shouldn't happen, especially given the growing evidence that eating high-fat is not a heart-attack inducing way of life, is people being pilloried for doing something different from the 'norm'.

I struggle to see what is unhealthy about what I eat - lots of green veg, berries, fish, meat, eggs. I don't feel like I'm denying myself anything because I never had a sweet tooth in the first place and I never liked junk food.....in fact at school I used to be made fun of because I'd never had a McDonalds/KFC/BurgerKing/etc...and I still haven't.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yes! Bump!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I won't give up my carbs (heellll NO)--I just eat them wisely. I don't make any changes that I can't live with FOREVER. Makes losing the weight sloooooooower....but at least it will stay off. Thanks for posting! :drinker:
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Oh...and did I mention-- eating this way did get me my current body? Just sayin' ...all the carb phobia is a bit unfounded.

There is more to health than what is in the mirror.

FACT: Carbohydrates drive insulin production that causes cardiovascular heart disease (CHD).
    FACT: Carbohydrates, which turn to glucose, hype the metabolism and trigger the release of disease-causing hormones like insulin, cortisol and adrenaline.

Neither of those things are facts. Try again.

In fact, the fact that you even think those are facts tells me your understanding of human physiology and pathophysiology is very poor. If you did you would never claim those things as facts.

Are you saying carbs don't drive insulin production?????

And to the effects of that, from the MAYO clinic: "When your blood sugar and insulin levels stay high, or cycle up and down rapidly, your body has trouble responding and over time this could contribute to insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is associated with a host of health problems, including: Type 2 diabetes, Obesity, High blood pressure, Stroke, Heart disease.

If you don't trust me, do you trust them?

You are incorrectly stating there is a causal relationship between carbs and heart disease, that certain hormones are causal agents for disease, and also assuming that carbs are the only thing that drives insulin production. You clearly don't understand how diabetes and heart disease works either, as diabetes isn't caused by carbs, nor is heart disease caused by carbs. I'm not sure how you drew those wild conclusions from that simple paragraph from the Mayo clinic.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    please explain how

It's self-evident.

Now then - is it possible to actually discuss each other's food choices without all the piss-taking of people who choose to eat low-carb or primal?

Because, I can safely say that I don't care if all you (or anyone else) wants to eat all day long is carbs. I choose to do otherwise. What shouldn't happen, especially given the growing evidence that eating high-fat is not a heart-attack inducing way of life, is people being pilloried for doing something different from the 'norm'.

I struggle to see what is unhealthy about what I eat - lots of green veg, berries, fish, meat, eggs. I don't feel like I'm denying myself anything because I never had a sweet tooth in the first place and I never liked junk food.....in fact at school I used to be made fun of because I'd never had a McDonalds/KFC/BurgerKing/etc...and I still haven't.

if you think you're being pilloried then why did you seek out this thread and post on it? ....and continue to post on it for that matter?
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE carbs :heart:

hmmm...

frozen yogurt
    berries
    whole grain tortillas spread with cream cheese and maple syrup (yum)
    popcorn
    pirate's booty (yes...processed, delicious, CARBS)
    oatmeal
    cheesecake (fat and carbs--match made in heaven)
    fiber one bars
    cereal (my weakness--whole grain of course)
    pumpkin pancakes

Oh...and did I mention-- eating this way did get me my current body? Just sayin' ...all the carb phobia is a bit unfounded.

No tear gas from me. I eat bread, pasta, rice, cheese, drink beer, no stopping me. Lost 28lbs. I also run....a lot.
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    +1 on carbs

BUT

In my opinion, the OP KNEW that she was going to start a heated discussion when she made the thread. I do not understand her point. Again in my opinion, it was tasteless to post a "tease" thread on a fitness board.

As fat as diet is concern: carbo loading, low-carb, protein loading, fat loading, & etc. I think it is "to each their own". What works for me clearly does not work for everyone else.

OP congratulations for loving carbs.

I love my COMPLEX carbs too.
  • duharvalgt
    duharvalgt Posts: 320
    Options
    Agreed carbs are not your enemy when you treat them as you would a friend.
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your specific body. I LOVE carbs too, but they don't love me. Found I am allergic to gluten which takes care of the majority of carbs/starches. The gluten allergy was making me gain and hold onto lots of extra weight. Most processed food have gluten in it, so I have to stick to protein, veggies, fruits, and limited starches. My husband on the other hand, lives on carbs and is skinny. I miss Cheez-It's the most.
  • Isolt
    Isolt Posts: 70
    Options
    In my opinion, the OP KNEW that she was going to start a heated discussion when she made the thread. I do not understand her point. Again in my opinion, it was tasteless to post a "tease" thread on a fitness board.

Exactly my point, yes.

This board is apparently called 'General Diet and Weight Loss Help' and this thread does not ask for help or advice, it's and out-and-out troll....aimed purely at provoking people who limit carbs.

The ironic thing is, all the 'yum, yum I love pizza and waffles and maple syrup' goes right over my head because I think they're all foul anyway and I dare say so do other primal eaters :bigsmile:
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

The bottom line: if you have an issue or concern with another user, feel free to PM that user and handle the issue privately.

With respect,
    Fish
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.