What is the name of the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• cbrewer904
    Options
    When God Whispers Your Name by Max Lucado

A series of short stories that are very inspirational....very good book :)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Fight Like A Girl ~ Lisa Bevere

It's about how as women, we are given particular gifts and talents that we are to use to glorify and honor God.
  • tanyizzle
    tanyizzle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The last book in the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay by Susan Collins. Awful. Just awful.

I just finished that book last night.
  • katw0407
    katw0407 Posts: 8
    Options
    Currently reading The Hunger Games
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You Are An Ironman by Jacques Steinberg

The account of 6 people and their journey/training for Ironman Arizona in 2009--Very inspiring and easy to read
  • danapellerin
    danapellerin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Story, which is an abridged version of the Bible put in chronological order to read more like a... well....story. Now I'm half way into A Princess of Mars which is the book the new movie John Carter is from.

Is A Princess of Mars any good? I was considering reading that next.

I read a lot of sci-fi and I really like it so far. I hope the movie holds up.
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Last book I finished was Red Mist by Patricia Cornwell. Current book, which is excellent, is "time was soft there" by Jeremy Mercer. It is about a journalist that moves from Montreal and Paris, and end up living in an old bookstore. Great character development, and paints a beautiful portrait of Paris of about 10 years ago.

Red Mist is a continuation of the Scarpetta mysteries.
  • catsmandan
    Options
    The thirteenth unicorn it is about wizards, elves, and dwarfs
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower Series... So it was The Wastelands, lol ;).

ooo like the Dark Tower

last was THE TIME MACHINE by george orwell. I re-read it just out of curiousity after watching the movie, wanted to see what the book says about the library rings & mushroom clouds (doesn't)

Now reading FROM HERE TO ETERNITY cause Robert O said it's juicier than the movie. it is
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower Series... So it was The Wastelands, lol ;).

Oh I was just about to post that I'm at the end of it. Finally on the last book.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Love in the Time of Cholera, again. I reread books. This book, in particular, makes me want to savour every word, and enjoy the prose over and over. I wish I could read it in Spanish.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    "Hot Money" by D. Francsis.
    Mr. Pembroke suspects that one of his 9 children is trying to kill to hasten their inheritance. He asks his middle son to help him find out who and to keep him safe. They travel all over England, America and Australia to horse racing events. They aim keep on the move as father and son rebuild their relationship. A real surprise ending!
  • ncates00
    ncates00 Posts: 51
    Options
    Eragon series. Actually really good!
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The Bible
  • catsmandan
    Options
    I love patricia cornwell and that is the book i am reading now
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.

http://www.khaledhosseini.com/hosseini-books-splendidsuns.html

It was an excellent book.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite series. I LOVE Song of Susannah and The Drawing of Three.
  • fluffyfeathers
    fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    the VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    World War Z and it was about first hand accounts of survivors from the upcoming zombie apocalypse;)

^LIKE

Recently finished the Hunger Games, all three.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I just read "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho again.

I very much enjoyed it.