What is the name of the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    vampire shift
    obviously it's about vampires on the second book in the series and last year i read over 20 books.
    They were the only thing to help me when i was dealing with mental issues last year.
  • limamikealpha
    Options
    "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers. Decent book, but reading it could get exhausting because of his run on sentences -- no, run on PARAGRAPHS. Whew!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Last book (Beyond the Shadows) of the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks.
    The story follows the life of Azoth (later Kylar Stern) as he struggles as a guild rat to become the ultimate wetboy (an assassin with magical talent, such as the ability to muffle sound or to block an attack), but then tries to leave it all behind and finally becomes the avatar of retribution: the Night Angel. (copy/pasted from wiki because I'm lazy).

AMAZING story. I really hope one day they make a movie out of it. I just want to see who they think could portray the characters.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Unbroken. About the guy who probably would have broken the 4 minute mile barrier, except WWII broke out. His story of survival during WWII.
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The Hollows White Witch Black Curse. Book 7 in a series.
    read this series last year in iraq good series i haven't read the last one
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Finished: Crime and Punishment. It is about a young man who tries to convince himself that rules, society, laws don't matter to everyone. He commits a crime and has to live with the ramifications of that while trying to deal with family issues and struggling with what he believes. It was a really good read.

Reading now: Anna Karenina, about society in Russia and infidelity. It is very much a book about love. I'm really enjoying it so far. I like the sexual politics is deals with as well (a man commits an affair with narry a second glance, a woman has an affair and everyone is talking about it, thinking about it, turning their noses up about it).
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Wuthering Heights!

I love reading books from this time period! (Suggestions appreciated) :)

FAVORITE book. Return of the Native, perhaps?
  • Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    "The Republic" by Plato.

It's about thinking, among other things.

And no, I did not read it in the original Greek.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have recently finished "Around the World in 80 days". I am currently reading the "Count of Monte Cristco". I have a kindle & I am loving the chance to read the classics that I have not read for free.

The Count of Monte Cristo is in my top five.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    child development text book for school!

i also work at barnes and noble, so i read a lot :p
  • DeniseAS
    DeniseAS Posts: 87
    Options
    Once upon a Secret The book about the affair with JFK
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hilarity Ensues, by Tucker Max.

A collection of true stories about Tucker Max's experiences in and after college. I believe it falls under the "Fratire" genre, lol.

So very funny, if you have a crude sense of humour of course!
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bumb
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Freshwater Aquariums: How to Set One Up Like an Expert :laugh:

The title tells all, no need to explain what the book is about.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    The Help...it's about a woman documenting the perspective of black maids in the 50's in relation to the second class status.
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options
    "Diary of a Nobody"

English short novel written in 1882, I believe, and it was completely hilarious. I prefer older books because I can't stand our English and grammar these days! Great read though, all the same. Next I'll start on "Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow".
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    killer... its a pretty little lairs book.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Memoirs of a Gothic Soul by Rebekah Armusik

It's book 1 of a vampire series. There will be 13 books. It's about vampires that have sex and drink blood LOL It's an amazing read.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Finished re-reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and am currently reading The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People by Stephen R. Covey. It's about being the best you that you can be and the principles of character-based excellence (as opposed to personality-based excellence) can be applied to any endeavor you might imagine.

Highly recommend! :flowerforyou:
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    Act of Valor - based on the movie about Navy SEALs