What is the name of the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "The Four Agreements". Awesome read!

Be impeccable with your word
    Don't take thing personally
    Don't assume
    Always do your best

Based on the teaching from the Toltec, precursors to the Aztecs.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Currently trying to get through The Mortal Instuments.
    I like the teeny bopper books but this one is killing me :(
    Hopefully it gets better.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games - go see the movie in 2 weeks, then you'll know what it's about! :laugh:
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Currently re-reading The Hobbit by: Tolkien
  • sgreg2090
    sgreg2090 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have recently finished "Around the World in 80 days". I am currently reading the "Count of Monte Cristco". I have a kindle & I am loving the chance to read the classics that I have not read for free.
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Book 4 of Game of Thrones "A feast for crows" can't tell cause I don't want to spoil it for others, new series is coming out next month :)
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I just finished Stephen King's 11/22/63 - great book!
  • staroftheeast
    staroftheeast Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just finished : Then Again by Diane Keaton. Autobiograophy with some of her mother's journal notes included including some from when her Alzheimer's started. Interesting read.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    "The Stand" by Stephen King. It's about a superflu that wipes out 90% of the world's population, leaving the survivors in a fight of good vs. evil.
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman for the third time. I love this book so damn much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gods
    "The central premise of the novel is that gods and mythological creatures exist because people believe in them. Immigrants to the United States brought with them dwarves, elves, leprechauns, and other spirits and gods. However, the power of these mythological beings has diminished as people's beliefs wane. New gods have arisen, reflecting America's obsessions with media, celebrity, technology, and drugs, among others"
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole

Really good, funny book about this funny and tragic character, living in New Orleans in the 1960's. It's a little sad, but brilliant.

edited because I had the title wrong. gah. stupid me. :/
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing "Fall of Giants" by Ken Follett. It's about the lives of 5 families that intertwine, starting in 1911. Excellent book. It's the first of a trilogoy and I can't wait for the next one.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Just finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman for the third time. I love this book so damn much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gods
    "The central premise of the novel is that gods and mythological creatures exist because people believe in them. Immigrants to the United States brought with them dwarves, elves, leprechauns, and other spirits and gods. However, the power of these mythological beings has diminished as people's beliefs wane. New gods have arisen, reflecting America's obsessions with media, celebrity, technology, and drugs, among others"

Loved this book! :)
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wuthering Heights!

I love reading books from this time period! (Suggestions appreciated) :)
  • superstankazz
    Options
    Starvation Heights: The True Story Of an American Doctor and The Murder Of A British Heiress

(long title, I know) It was set in the early 1900's. It was about a doctor that ran a "health spa" for the social elite but she was really a sadist who starved many patients to death in effort to "cleanse" them. I'm a true crime buff, I just got "Don't Look Behind You" by Ann Rule today at the library. Can't wait to get started on it tomorrow:)
  • superstankazz
    Options
    Sounds interesting! I love true crime too.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The last book I read was, "The Scot, the Witch and the Wardrobe" by Annette Blair. It is book 3 in the Kitchen Witch series. They are cute romantic comedies about men who fall in love with "witches." I am currently reading "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" by Seth Grahame-Smith. It is actually a great read. I'm about halfway finished with it.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    ^sounds interesting!

The last one I read was Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson. Not impressed. It's about the presidents kids getting kidnapped and a terrorism ring and detective Cross tries to figure out if they're linked and what is going on. Very contrived.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I finished this one for the second time a while ago.

Ready Player One - Ernest Cline

Can't recommend it enough. It warmed my gamer and 80's pop culture / cyberpunk / dystopian future heart!
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Desperate Times 3 - Revolution by Nicholas Antinozzi

Final in a trilogy about a future extreme crash of the economy in the US and how a group of people who had the foresight to prepare for it survive. All together 3 pretty good books, all though some points get a little winded and others get shorted.