Things people do at the gym that you hate

Options

Replies

• Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I hate it when guys run over to my lifting partner, like I can't spot him....or they ask him quietly if he needs a spot, because of course I can't do it......WTF is up with this :explode:
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    The two guys that go hard at the bar the night before and then jump on the treadmills or ellipticals on either side of me and proceed to sweat out all of their booze from the night before.... SERIOUSLY makes me want to vomit! *gaggggg
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    Girls with make up (looks like the just put it on), hair down, and BIG hoop earrings...this is the gym NOT the club.
    Guys with the heavy grunting, umm hello it must be to heavy for ya and your noise is VERY annoying!!!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    wear makeup while working out
    turn fans on high for no reason
    talk talk talk talk talk talk talk
    talk on the phone
    get in the way when they're doing mindless things. excuse me, I need the pullup bar, gtfo of the way please.

do not appreciate wangs in my face in the locker room either.

LMAO!! Seriously no need for the public schlong display. That's just wildly unnecessary. I think old guys do it just to mess with everybody else!

The last schlong wasn't even an old dude. I was sitting down on the bench, tying my shoes and getting my ipod going, and dude just drops his drawers (locker next to mine, no buffer zone) and turns to his right, my direction, instead of left.)

Right as my buddy said something from the other side so I looked up.

Oh well, must have been cold in there.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest thing for me is when people take the equipment i'm using without asking if i am done first. I do alot of circut traning and it really throws me off when i come to a station and the weights or what i need isnt there.
    Also people who rather talk to there freinds during a class than actually work. I am there to work not to listen to you yap about your dogs breakfast. If you can carry on a good conversation you arent working hard enough. I actually had a spin instructor boot two people from ther session because they wouldnt stop talking.

Eh, I use machines if you're not done. If you're taking 2-3 minutes to do a set and 2-3 mins to rest, I don't have time to wait on you.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I was on a piece of cardio equipment and not only did these 2 women have the country music chanel blaring :grumble: ,m they talked back and forth (with me in the middle) for their entire work out...even though I continuously gave them the hairy eyeball :huh: :mad: :explode: Thank god it was at the fitness ctr at a hotel and not my regular gym!!! :drinker:
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just one: People (usually guys) who sweat profusely over the equipment and then walk away. The last time it happened, I started to clean up after him before my use of the equipment and suddenly I felt nauseous. I walked away and have not been back.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I saw a lady on the treadmill one day applying eyeliner with her little pocket mirror.

REALLY?!
  • shelbyterry5
    shelbyterry5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The people that get on the treadmill next to me and watch my every move.... turning up the speed, incline etc... stop watching me creeper.

and some try to match me but whatever I'll take your challenge :wink:
  • kpj731
    kpj731 Posts: 1
    Options
    GUM CHEWERS! it drives me crazy because they get out of breath and they chew louder!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I hate (HATE) when people are talking on their cell phones while on the treadmill or elliptical right next to me. If it's that important go out into the lobby or locker room or something. Jesus.

Yes. Distracting.

Jesus is awesome!
    Yes he is! :)
  • allegedglobalconspiracy
    Options
    wear makeup while working out
    turn fans on high for no reason
    talk talk talk talk talk talk talk
    talk on the phone
    get in the way when they're doing mindless things. excuse me, I need the pullup bar, gtfo of the way please.

do not appreciate wangs in my face in the locker room either.

LMAO!! Seriously no need for the public schlong display. That's just wildly unnecessary. I think old guys do it just to mess with everybody else!

The last schlong wasn't even an old dude. I was sitting down on the bench, tying my shoes and getting my ipod going, and dude just drops his drawers (locker next to mine, no buffer zone) and turns to his right, my direction, instead of left.)

Right as my buddy said something from the other side so I looked up.

Oh well, must have been cold in there.

Oh noes! Worst day ever!
    hahaha homeboy had an innie! LOL!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people ask me: "Are you done???" when I'm getting my 30-60 second rest between sets.

NO.... I'm NOT done. Thank you very much.

I belonged to a gym and it was clearly posted no sitting on equipment between sets just FYI. Now I was doing the nautilus circle had this kid just sitting on the equipment listening to his mp3 player. I would ask him to move which he did right to the next piece of equipment in the circle. Only took me 3 different times to ask him to move before he went to another area in the gym
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    In group class, especially Zumba, when I am standing where I want to stand, and someone comes and stands 6 inches from me!!! Kills me...

/\ Def this /\ Then they tut at you through out when you're throwing your shapes and you bump into them. Erm..you're the one who came and stood so close to ME!!!
  • mollymees
    Options
    I could go on and on! There is a training group at my gym on monday wednesday fridays..right during the 5-6 o'clock hour when I'm getting off work. They take up most of the machines--which is fine, more power to them for finding the motivation to work out with a trainer, I guess I just wish the gym was bigger :)
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I hate (HATE) when people are talking on their cell phones while on the treadmill or elliptical right next to me. If it's that important go out into the lobby or locker room or something. Jesus.

This! I usually bring headphones and either listen to music or the tv depending on what machine I am on, but sometimes ppl talk so loudly that even with the music or whatever their conversation is still coming in super loudly.

I wouldn't say that I HATE this next thing, but I do find it a little strange when there are a lot of open treadmills or whatever & someone chooses the one right next to me.
  • elijahgo1
    elijahgo1 Posts: 17
    Options
    Juiceheads!!!

I've never been a gym rat, I usually just use the pool. The other day it was raining so I decided to try the treadmill for a warm up. I was on it for about 30 min. and noticed something unusual. All the juiceheads in the gym walk in circles. They do a set of lifting, then walk around for about 10 min. Then do another set. They would go re-fill their water bottle, get a drink of water, go talk to the guy in reception, go talk to the girl in the smoothie bar, go stand in front of the mirror.

The funny thing was that they ALL were doing it. And by "they" I mean the steroid takers. I would say that for every hour they got maybe 6 min. worth of a workout. So the next time you hear your "gorilla juicehead" friend talk about how they went to the gym for 5 hours...laugh and know that your hour workout is probably much harder....and you don't deflate and have man-tits when you stop your cycle.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Can't we all just get along? LMFAO! These are funny as hell.
  • allegedglobalconspiracy
    Options
    Juiceheads!!!

I've never been a gym rat, I usually just use the pool. The other day it was raining so I decided to try the treadmill for a warm up. I was on it for about 30 min. and noticed something unusual. All the juiceheads in the gym walk in circles. They do a set of lifting, then walk around for about 10 min. Then do another set. They would go re-fill their water bottle, get a drink of water, go talk to the guy in reception, go talk to the girl in the smoothie bar, go stand in front of the mirror.

The funny thing was that they ALL were doing it. And by "they" I mean the steroid takers. I would say that for every hour they got maybe 6 min. worth of a workout. So the next time you hear your "gorilla juicehead" friend talk about how they went to the gym for 5 hours...laugh and know that your hour workout is probably much harder....and you don't deflate and have man-tits when you stop your cycle.

LMAO!! you had me at man-tits!
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When I was at the gym yesterday, a girl wearing extremely heavy perfume began exercising next to me. I was the ONLY person in the cardio room and there were machines that were literally identical that weren't next to me, but she apparently HAS to take the one next to me. I had to leave early because her perfume gave me a headache.