Things people do at the gym that you hate

Options

Replies

• Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    a few things.....

Ppl who dont wipe the machines (Rude)
    ppl who leave their garbage like a newspaper on the machines (usually the same idiots who do step one above)

At my gym there is this guy who defies all normal gym laws known to man
    He smells like cat pee.
    He always uses a machine directly behind me (dudes dont be soo obvious stagger)
    He turns on whatever sporting event may be on and he yells at the TV!! and its one of those everything is quiet and then bam a scream it makes u jump out of your skin.
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Those guys that bench press 400 lbs and weight 350 lbs and then critique you on nutrition. And then they leave all the weight on the bar.
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with asking somebody how many sets they have left on a particular machine. Polite and to the point.
  • wmako
    wmako Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Grunting! It sounds like they're either on the toilet or in their bedroom. And, I hate when the person next to me on the treadmill is watching a game on TV and yells out randomly. And, I hate when people are on the strength machines and sit and chit chat with friends while I wait. And, I hate when the person next to me sings along with Lady GaGa or whoever is on their iPod. I could go on and on........
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Those guys that bench press 400 lbs and weight 350 lbs and then critique you on nutrition. And then they leave all the weight on the bar.

Removing the plates would cause them to burn too many calories therefore they would lose strength. Ha ha ha
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    THE PEOPLE THAT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE HAPPY WORKING OUT!!!

AND THE GUY WITH THE LITTLE WEENIE THAT REFUSES TO USE A TOWEL IN THE LOCKER ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY NEEDS TO SEE THAT GOD SHORTED YOU IN THE PENIS DEPARTMENTS!!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options

AND THE GUY WITH THE LITTLE WEENIE THAT REFUSES TO USE A TOWEL IN THE LOCKER ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY NEEDS TO SEE THAT GOD SHORTED YOU IN THE PENIS DEPARTMENTS!!!

You've seen him too? The 150 year old guy?
  • mecmic
    mecmic Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm going to go with the ever so popular........ Using the machine you're looking to use as a seat or resting area and my personal favorite..... Talking to you when you have your ipod on and are inbetween sets and are just trying to keep with your routine. Constantly find yourself taking the headphones out or saying " what was that?" I'm sorry what?
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options

You've seen him too? The 150 year old guy?

That hairy guy? Yeah.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing that bothers me is the Elderly man in his SUPER short shorts. You can see EVERYTHING. Especially when he's stretching. I can handle everything but that. It reallyyyyy grosses me out. Ick.

Yeah I've seen that dude. He is 150 years old and lays his junk on the counter while he shaves to give it a rest. lol

I tell them you cant wear your boxers here.. then he says they are shorts and i say they certainly are!
  • SarahBarker1987
    SarahBarker1987 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is so annoying. They start off in a good place, nowhere near you, but don't seem to have any spatial awareness once the class starts! This can be quite dangerous in Body Combat classes when they start kicking!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Grunting! It sounds like they're either on the toilet or in their bedroom. And, I hate when the person next to me on the treadmill is watching a game on TV and yells out randomly. And, I hate when people are on the strength machines and sit and chit chat with friends while I wait. And, I hate when the person next to me sings along with Lady GaGa or whoever is on their iPod. I could go on and on........
    haha I was gonna say grunting too!
    plus I hate when girls come in trying to be all pretty w/their hair down, pull your freaking hair back this isnt a beauty pagent... its a gym! your supposed to come get sweaty & really work out not prance around or walk really slow on the treadmill
    haha
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    Staring.... not just looking, or noticing, or acknowledging that I am there or cute, but standing at the door of the Zumba classroom for an entire song trying to make eye contact with me in the mirror.

Or the guy who shadow boxes at the back of the room where I do my deadlifts... punched the bag twice, watches me do an entire set... punches a few times, watches my next set. I'm not here for your amusement.
  • SarahBarker1987
    SarahBarker1987 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is so annoying. They start off in a good place, nowhere near you, but don't seem to have any spatial awareness once the class starts! This can be quite dangerous in Body Combat classes when they start kicking!

This was supposed to be a reply to a comment about people who stand too close to you in classes. I pressed the wrong button!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    People who have never lifted to failure or probably ever touched a barbell complaining about dropping weights. Sometimes you are just too exhausted at the end of a rep to put it down safely. I do admit that some people take it too far and are probably looking for attention for how much they lifted but others are just trying to get a workout in so chill out and worry about yourself.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    The ONLY thing that bothers me is the Elderly man in his SUPER short shorts. You can see EVERYTHING. Especially when he's stretching. I can handle everything but that. It reallyyyyy grosses me out. Ick.

Yeah I've seen that dude. He is 150 years old and lays his junk on the counter while he shaves to give it a rest. lol

I tell them you cant wear your boxers here.. then he says they are shorts and i say they certainly are!

Holy crap theres one at your gym too? This hairy little 150 year old dude? OMG, he came out of the sauna with no towel and I thought he was made of candle wax because his butt cheeks looked like mud flaps on a truck or a baby diaper full of wet sand.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    People who have never lifted to failure or probably ever touched a barbell complaining about dropping weights. Sometimes you are just too exhausted at the end of a rep to put it down safely. I do admit that some people take it too far and are probably looking for attention for how much they lifted but others are just trying to get a workout in so chill out and worry about yourself.

Agreed. When I do dead lifts or barbell rows I put the weight all the way back on the ground. Sometimes it bangs.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You really think there is a difference between him sweating out of the tub and getting in, and him sweating in the tub? Because you realize, it is so hot, that is what he is going to do once hes in there! lol...

Yes, but at least at that point it's clean. God only knows if they're willing to get in without washing then how long exactly has it been since they washed last? I guess it's a cultural thing. In Japan for instance you would literally be ostracised if you did this in a public bath.

Just watched "Mr. Baseball" a couple of weeks ago. This reminds me of the scene where Tom Selleck walks into the shower room and all the other players are sitting on these little stools washing themselves in front of shower heads which are only about 18" off the floor. He decides to skip the "shower" and head straight for the tub. He lowers himself down and lets out a loud, "Aaaahhhh!!!" He looks over at the other guys and they are all looking at him like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" The other American player on the team says, "Man, you wash FIRST, THEN you bathe!"
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options

Agreed. When I do dead lifts or barbell rows I put the weight all the way back on the ground. Sometimes it bangs.

I put it back in the rack or on the ground as not to disturb the petite sensitive lifters out of respect but I never get any thank you for being so polite. Maybe I need to go get them a protein shake or something. lol
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Holy crap theres one at your gym too? This hairy little 150 year old dude? OMG, he came out of the sauna with no towel and I thought he was made of candle wax because his butt cheeks looked like mud flaps on a truck or a baby diaper full of wet sand.
    I avoid the locker room and sauna at all costs at the gym i work at, but i need to use the gym's locker room by my full time job, let me say why can t we unsee something?

i also have no problem telling people , hey do you smell that foul odor in this area,, yes its you! lol