Things people do at the gym that you hate

Options

Replies

• Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    People who go in the locker room and walk around naked for 15 minutes before actually changing their clothes! It's not your house. Don't wanna see that!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i understand there is a safety issue when putting down dumbells and you need to drop them in a safe place , but when you unrack your barbell and drop the weights to the floor its uncalled for and I will ask you nicely the first time to place them on the ground as if they were made of glass

If Im doing dead lifts and you were to tell me this I would kindly tell you to go pound sand.

:drinker:

key word is safety! i know there are times when you need to drop it.. unracking isnt one of those times

Oh for sure! My bad...I read it wrong. I definetly agree if you can't unrack it and place on the floor before you start exercising it's probably too heavy!

Agreed. I haven't seen anyone do this thankfully. That is obnoxious.
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I hate (HATE) when people are talking on their cell phones while on the treadmill or elliptical right next to me. If it's that important go out into the lobby or locker room or something. Jesus.

AMEN!! This drives me crazy!
  • Atarahh
    Options
    I hate gym cliques. Goodness, you can't go to the bathroom alone, or you all have to be on the same machines together.

Thirsty women who go to the gym just for men.

I hate gym rats. You know a gym rat when they come to the gym in regular clothes, don't work out and just sit and chit chat. Or, they sit at the juice bar like they are on vacation or something for hours.

Gym perverts: Old men who come and do their stretches right where women are biking.
  • Atarahh
    Options
    The GUY at my gym who turns the TV faithfully at 9pm to the Food Network

Talk about misplaced?!
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I don't care if you grunt a little, but don't have your buddies screaming at you to "GET IT UP!", if I have my headphones in (they cancel noise) and I can still hear you, we have a problem. Not to mention being a guy with a bunch of guys telling you to get it up must be embarrassing.

LMAO!! I used to date a body builder and i can so picture this in my head.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    People using multiple piece of equipment at once, and moving between them. Sorry, I'm not going to wait 15 minutes to squat just because you read somewhere that circuit training is the only way to get fit. There are actually multiple people at my gym who do this! I have to stop them every time.

I do this. I move between machines when working out, as a circuit. And, I feel bad about it ... but I make sure there is no interest in the machines I use before I start and I pay attention and wipe down so someone could jump in. I like this kind of workout. If the gym is busy I just do four sets in one place before moving to the next.

Cell phone use: no problem. Not worse than chatting to a mate on an adjacent machine, or singing along to a song on the iPad. Who cares? I pay attention to me and what I am doing, so if the guy next to me is on the phone with his family or stock broker, no worries.

Sean
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    2 things bother me at the gym.

1) In a class don't stand on top of me. Find your own spot.

2) If you have 4 sets of 45's on each side please take at least 3 off on each side. I'm little and those are heavy. Big muscle man can put his own weight away if he can lift it.

Otherwise nothing else really bothers me. I know people don't wipe down, I know people make noises, I know people don't have the same hygiene as me, I expect all of that and go on about my business. I'm there for 1 reason only.
    1) Oh i stand in your spot because you smell good! .. how about you skip a shower every now and then?
    2:) i leave them there to motivate you .. how do you know you cant do it , if you dont even try?
    3) that sweat i leave there is pure manly sweat , i figured anyone would love it.. pure genius! its the weakness which has left my body..
    4) and you know you are only at the gym to creep on all the hot guys..

:) JK

Funny!

* When you leave those weights there I'll remove them myself because I am that strong or if I don't feel like doing it myself I'll ask my buff husband to remove them for me. :smile:
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_yc6AKXLI

firstly every girl on here must check out that link!
    your either the one doing it, or the one that its being done to! hahahah
    SO TRUE!

what pisses me off??
    1. dudes that think theyre champs in my UFC training class
    like STFU! ur a douche bag, and no one here likes u, us ladies r NOT impressed
    we are actually fricking laughing at u behind ur back, all of us.

2.how can it possibly be comfortable to work out in ur freaking underwear (super tiny booty shorts),
    i dont care how tight ur *kitten* is, i know why ur wearing them....we all know why ur wearing them.

3. more specifically, there is one woman, (who slightly resemble jane fonda from back in the day, sweat bands, spandex and all) in my spin class thst closes her eyes, opens her mouth and rocks side to side like shes waiting for a giant d*** to land in that fn fly trap. makes me crazy!

yes, im ranting, but really if it wasnt for those ppl the gym would not be half as entertaining as it is...and some days i need that!
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options

2) If you have 4 sets of 45's on each side please take at least 3 off on each side. I'm little and those are heavy. Big muscle man can put his own weight away if he can lift it.

Otherwise nothing else really bothers me. I know people don't wipe down, I know people make noises, I know people don't have the same hygiene as me, I expect all of that and go on about my business. I'm there for 1 reason only.
    1) Oh i stand in your spot because you smell good! .. how about you skip a shower every now and then?
    2:) i leave them there to motivate you .. how do you know you cant do it , if you dont even try?
    3) that sweat i leave there is pure manly sweat , i figured anyone would love it.. pure genius! its the weakness which has left my body..

Funny!

* When you leave those weights there I'll remove them myself because I am that strong or if I don't feel like doing it myself I'll ask my buff husband to remove them for me. :smile:

thats ok me and your hubby are probably friends and we are laughing while we watch your angry face.. :))
  • jenelizmin
    jenelizmin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can't stand people who let their children use the gym like it's a playground. There is a nursery and there is family time, use them. I should be able to sit in the hottub without your "cutie" splashing me with their flippers. I don't want to hear your pre-teens giggling over Justin Beiber in the sauna. If I'm swimming laps I shouldnt have to watch out for the kids using the lane ropes as a tight rope. I'm not a child hater, I have 3 of my own. But they are where they should be and that isn't playing hide n seek in the weight rooms.
  • sexybody2012
    Options
    Yuck, now i am a Gym Phobe. LOL I cant believe some of the gross habits people have in regards to hygiene. When I would go to the gym I would avoid the locker room so I had no idea.

However I am guilty of taking the spray bottle, i wasnt aware of the etiquitte, oops
  • necarol
    necarol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The people who put there things on the equipment and walk off only to return 10 minutes later, work out for 5 minutes and then go have a conversation with someone else, while still leaving their things on a piece of equipment. One thing if there were endless equipment, another when a piece of gym equipment is premium.
  • aj_31
    Options

Funny!

thats ok me and your hubby are probably friends and we are laughing while we watch your angry face.. :))

Not angry just annoyed. And my husband also thinks its annoying when guys don't put their weights back.
  • Dannib55
    Dannib55 Posts: 50
    Options
    I hate that too. I do not want to smell your perfume or colonge you are not at a club and it does not mix wel with your sweat
  • elijahgo1
    elijahgo1 Posts: 17
    Options
    They are marking their territory.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Funny!

Not angry just annoyed. And my husband also thinks its annoying when guys don't put their weights back.

i do too.. thats why i am mocking this.. i work at a gym , i have to put them back when they dont so its more than double the annoyance for me
  • aj_31
    Options

Funny!

i do too.. thats why i am mocking this.. i work at a gym , i have to put them back when they dont so its more than double the annoyance for me

Extra exercise?! I guess that's the way I look at it. Again small weights or a few is no big deal but I hate when those guys pile it on and then leave it.
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    the guys who watch me while im doing weights. quit watching me and focus on your own workout.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    In group class, especially Zumba, when I am standing where I want to stand, and someone comes and stands 6 inches from me!!! Kills me...

I have to say though, talking on the cell doesnt bother me. I mean, it is like talking to someone on the treadmill next to you. Who cares

Yes!! I hate that! My Zumba class fills up quickly so you have to get there early. So you take the time to go in and wait so you get a spot, then someone comes running in at the last minute and stands 4 inches away!! It is the worst when it is cardio kickboxing. How am I supposed to punch, kick and jab with you right there?!