Things people do at the gym that you hate

Options

Replies

• raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The older i get the grumpier i get! and I'm only 32 man wait to I'm 55 :)

I am 57. Imagine my angst. :glasses:
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    super strong deodorant and/or perfume/cologne ! :sick: and the crowdedness ( :laugh: ) of gyms in january because of everyone starting their new years resolutions and then the emptiness come february. :grumble:
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    The other day, some lady (who seemed otherwise perfectly normal) kept looking over at my speed and upping her treadmill to match. Now, I have the attention span of a gnat, so if I'm going to run on a treadmill, I change the speed 12-15 times per mile. So that meant 3 1/2 miles of looking, copying, looking, copying...
    I don't know why, but that is irritating. So to the mysterious woman next to my treadmill: We are not in competition. I am running for fun. You are ruining the fun. Back. OFF!
    560652_10150809748715555_626600554_11783940_703936720_n.jpg
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    When I first began working out people would do a set and then yield so that others could work in. Today the norm is to defend the equipment until all sets are done. Fine if successive sets prevent sharing but otherwise I prefer the old norm. And I'm not talking Cheers here.
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The other day, some lady (who seemed otherwise perfectly normal) kept looking over at my speed and upping her treadmill to match. Now, I have the attention span of a gnat, so if I'm going to run on a treadmill, I change the speed 12-15 times per mile. So that meant 3 1/2 miles of looking, copying, looking, copying...
    I don't know why, but that is irritating. So to the mysterious woman next to my treadmill: We are not in competition. I am running for fun. You are ruining the fun. Back. OFF!
    560652_10150809748715555_626600554_11783940_703936720_n.jpg

I want that printed on my workout tops!
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    For me it's the guys (and it is usually always guys) that come in do their big macho thing of weight lifting, grunting so everyone can hear them. You don't look good - just because you can lift a double decker bus doesn't mean you are fit. I would love seeing some of these guys run for the bus. And there really is no need to scream - or if you really have to go find a gym that has a separate weight room so I don't have to listen to you while on the treadmill.
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    the moron who carries around a gallon of water!! SERIOUSLY you do not need that much water
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    People who dont waer the right kit.

Combat shorts and flip flops to the gym. And hate glove wearers.
  • Limajuliet
    Limajuliet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A couple of the blokes at my gym ogle the hot girls working out on the mats and openly comment on how they look and generally make letchy remarks. Not that I'm one of those girls, but it makes me feel very uncomfortable and I'm sure the girls would feel worse if they knew what they were saying.

I did think about complaining at one point, but everyone seems to know everyone in there and I don't want to stir up trouble!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Nothing really bothers me at the gym. I LOVE the gym!!

But, I am friends with a guy on Facebook who takes pictures of people at his gym and then posts them on his Facebook page and proceeds to make fun of them while all of this Facebook friends chime in. So - be wary of those people with the cell phones! :noway:

Thats just mean! :[
  • thebigcb
    Options

But, I am friends with a guy on Facebook who takes pictures of people at his gym and then posts them on his Facebook page and proceeds to make fun of them while all of this Facebook friends chime in. So - be wary of those people with the cell phones! :noway:

No phones allowed in my gym, if someone did that too me, Id make sure I got him back
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    So many people (and at our gym, it's mostly guys) who won't wipe down the equipment after they've sweated all over it. Ick.
  • thebigcb
    Options
    So many people (and at our gym, it's mostly guys) who won't wipe down the equipment after they've sweated all over it. Ick.

I agree, its a real male thing as well.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Luckily the gym I go to doesn't allow any cell use for those reasons... But I had someone who just stared me down once will I was on the trendm.. I thought he might be waiting to use it, but after I got off he didnt move towards it.... Creepy.. and I hated it
  • thebigcb
    Options
    1. I dislike people who do not clean off there machince after utilizing it....come on people sweat and germs all over the machince!

2. I dislike seeing people in unproper gym gear such as pajama pants, jeans, church shoes & etc!

3. I dislike people singing/rapping loudly while working out....I have my ipad on and i still hear you ridiculos!

4. I dislike people banging the weights down DO NOT LET THEM CLAP!

5. I dislike people who hold on to the treadmill going 5.0 plus after 30 secs of running...slow it down your not ready!

I agree with you, especially the banging weights, if you can't place them, they are too heavy for you
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Theres a lot of "if you dont like it, go home". But the gym is a place you pay to use, boundaries and rules should be set so the client is comfortanble.

I know some are personal things that arent hurting anyone else, like grunting, you can tell someone to stop grunting lol, but not wiping down machines, wearing perfum, and not reracking weights is something that you should not have to ASK people to do! Its a paid place, follow the rules!

just my two cents :]]
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Theres a lot of "if you dont like it, go home". But the gym is a place you pay to use, boundaries and rules should be set so the client is comfortanble.

I know some are personal things that arent hurting anyone else, like grunting, you can tell someone to stop grunting lol, but not wiping down machines, wearing perfum, and not reracking weights is something that you should not have to ASK people to do! Its a paid place, follow the rules!

just my two cents :]]

It just basic manners really. Something that is sadly lacking lately, not just in gyms
  • TexanGirl20
    Options
    I don't really mind guys checking me out , hehe ;) I've worked hard to get into the shape I'm in so I think its a great confidence booster.

What I absolutely despise are the people who use a piece of equipment but then don't clean it after they are done!! Ewww.
  • ayfa
    ayfa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    making loud noises when doing weights....WWTTTFFFFFF!!!! If its too heavy S-T-O-P or S-T-F-U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally grosssss
  • ayfa
    ayfa Posts: 15 Member
    Options

That is inappropriate!!! In fact, I'm angry just hearing that!