Married ladies....

Options
Colbyandsage
Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
Hi ladies. I had an interesting conversation with my husband yesterday. I told him that I may reach my first goal on MFP this week. He asked what it was and I hesitated. I thought for a second and realized he has no clue what I weigh. It never really comes up as I don't obcess over the number much. When I told him my weight, he seriously told me he thought i was 10 lbs less. He wasn't joking, he did look confused. We have been married for 8 yrs and are high school sweethearts so trust me when I say... He was clueless. I can read him like a book :laugh:

I have been told by many that at 150, I look closer to 130. Must be muscle mass or big bones! :grumble: I am 5'3" and wear a size 6.

So ladies that are married.... Does your husband know what you weight? I am curious.

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm not married, but my boyfriend and I live together and have been together 3 1/2 years, and the only reason he knows how much I weigh is because I've told him. But truth be told, I bet if I asked him today he would estimate about 15 lbs less because #1 he's a smart man and #2 he probably forgot how much I weigh.

I am told regularly that I look like I weight quite a bit less than I do, though. I distribute weight VERY evenly and I naturally put on muscle quite easily, so I've learned not to worry so much about the scale :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    DH knows the ball park of what i weigh only because we talk about it sometimes in regard to my fitness and goals.
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    my husband knows mine and vice versa. we've never made it a point to share this info (until I started changing my goals and weight) but it was never something I attempted to hide either.
  • jojogo1111
    Options
    I told my husband how much I weigh after I had lost 30lbs. He was shocked. He didn't think I weighed that much! I was about 170 when I told him. I am now about 150.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yep, DH has always known my weight, I never really cared if he knew, but don't really want all my friends/acquaintances knowing. Although, I'm the same as you - currently 151 (although 5'6" and size 10 since I carry all my weight in my middle) and most people think I'm closer to 135.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Nope, mine doesn't know! Not that he would care - he never 'sees' me as anything other than the tiny 20-yr-old he married :smile:
  • CassandraMcA
    Options
    My husband keeps asking but since I gained so much in the last 1.5 years I am too embarrased to tell him. Doesnt help that he weighs the exact same as me right now (169) I think I will spill the beans when I have lost a few more. Not that I am afraid he will judge, c;mon he sees me naked on a daily BUT he can be rather competitive and dropping Lbs so fast, I dont want it to be a race, I already know the number on the scale :)
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My husband knows my weight when I do... lol
    He really doesn't care, but when I am losing or gaining, I share it to help hold myself accountable.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My fiancé knows how much I weigh, we celebrate together every time the scale goes down. He's an awesome support unit.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    My husband knows, and I know his. We weigh in together, plus it helps either of us cheer the other one on w/ a loss!
  • anthrfosh11
    Options
    yes. My hubby knows mine and I know his :)
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Oh HELL no :laugh:
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    yes my hubby knows but he doesnt care he does care that I am chubby. The number doesnt mean anything to him its my fat he cares about. Not becuase he thinks i am less beautiful but becaue he knows it bothers me and he is sick of hearing my "whine " :grumble: about it
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Nope, but no surprise there. He can tell you, though, the batting averages of the Entire Cincinnati Reds baseball team....sigh.
  • Janerf1
    Janerf1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My husband knows, but generally it's because I can pile weight on easily and at 5'3" it shows... lol he's not the politest of people when he points this out but now I'm on top of my weight again, the compliments are think and fast!

Good thing is he knows quite a bit about nurtrition and exercises so it's good to have a sounding board (and an excellent cook).
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    yes, he does. I am currently pregnant with our third child. Through each pregnancy and when it is time to lose the weight, he has been so kind and helpful. He tries to give me time to exercise. He knows I'm happier when I exercise and lose the baby weight. Right now it's hard knowing I weigh more than him, but he doesn't care and will be my cheerleader when I finally am able to lose the weight.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Mine does it's not really a big deal for me
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I finally told my hubby like two weeks ago ahahahaha he was BLOWNNNNNNNN away!!! I weigh 198...he had no idea he thought I was like 160s...I have a larger bone frame...I guess solid is the better word.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Mine does now because we did MFP together so we always shared our weight.

Actually, he always had an idea because I've always been some what vocal (mostly out of disgust) about my weight. And there were times I got that, "holy s#it, seriously" look. Always made me feel great!
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My husband knows my weight, probably the only man I've ever been with that has honestly known my weight. :) I'm thankful that I can tell my husband this and he will not judge me :)