Replies

• beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yes he does!
  • kimberly130
    kimberly130 Posts: 166
    Options
    Yep he knows what I weigh because he is the best person to help me along in my weight loss. He knew my starting weight and I told him my goals and what my eating habits were. He helps me when I start to slip so I can stay on track. Sometimes when Im being stubborn he throws out the number and It puts me in check :o)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    My husband always did the pinch test and said I could lose a few pounds... most men if they want to stay on the good side will say they love you as you are. Some jerks will tell you you're fat. the real keepers will tell you they love you as you are and if you want to change something then they'll support you and even join you cause he needs to lose weight too!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    maybe it depends, i know my wife's weight, i also compute her bmi index. perhaps the reason that i'm being here and looking upon my diet and exercise then i'm mindful about this. for other husband/wife, perhaps they don't care about the weight.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    lol i just got a smack on my posterior and told it looked more "perky" lately.....other than that i get told that nomatter what i do ill never lose the weight.....mine is an a-hole:ohwell:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My fiance knows now...that I told him. I confessed it one day when i was crying.... It was upsetting when I learned that I weighed the same as him. Like your husband he told me that I definitely didn't look like I weighed that much...plus, he said that he was underweight for his height so I shouldn't beat myself...however, I am kind of glad that happened because seeing that number on the scale is what has pushed me to make all kinds of positive changes in my life. I do not EVER want that to happen again!
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    Yup! Every Time the scale moves I just have to tell him. No keeping it on =)
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    yes because he is a nosey f#*k lol:smile:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    He knows, he has been my biggest cheer leader! I let him know periodically, and strut my stuff everytime I have a victory NSV or otherwise. :love:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    My husband asked the other day if I have hit the 150lb goal yet. I'm at 133 now. He also asked when I would be in single digit clothing, I just bought pants in a size 4P. That is why I have friends here to support me!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My bf knows my weight. I log it daily on our calendar. He actually uses it to gauge if I am going to be in a good or bad mood...LOL....or so he claims.
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    He does now! But when I first started this journey, no way. In fact, when I was pregnant with my daughter he came with me to all my doctor appointments and graciously looked away when I would step on the scale.

Now, when I weigh in each week, he guesses what my weight will be and I tell him honestly. He's one of those guys who can look at the sun and tell you what time it is within 5 minutes, or look outside and figure out the temperature within a degree or two, so my weekly weigh-in is like another number challenge for him. He's pretty close most of the time!

When did I start being so open with him? When I realized I weighed less than he does.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    My husband is on MFP and going through this journey together. We are both losing consistently and we've almost gotten down to our wedding day weight! We've been married 6 years next month.
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes, only because he went with me to doctor!
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    No not really know the weight number. He always says stuff like your butt is getting smaller or you really see a difference in your face. We have been together for 17 yrs, so he has seen me very thin (size 3) and very large 22.
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Of course my husband knows. When I got down to 122 I took a picture on my phone and showed him (not that he wouldn't believe but I think I myself didn't believe it).
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My poor husband doesnt have a clue....he thinks he has been getting weaker as we have been married for 23 years....poor man:wink:

^^^^ love this!!!!
  • dmaxdenny
    Options
    Nope. Not a clue we have been married for 12 yrs together for 22 and to this day he doesn't know. Sometimes in passing he will ask me are you losing weight or he'll say you look like you lost weight.
  • rocsings
    rocsings Posts: 13
    Options
    Yes ma'am, my husband knows and he actually weighs less than me. He doesn't say anything negative, but I can agree with a few that mentioned it makes me more aware and accountable. As long as your mate is sensitive to your weight issues, I believe you should share, but if he is going to make fun or hurt your feelings and you are an emotional eater, it may be unhealthy to share that informatoin. I'm not saying keep secrets, but I am saying you are responsible for you and you know your limits. Being on this site is a good start, having the support of other women struggling with weight issues can only help you get stronger. Keep up the good work and I'm sure your husband will love you at any size.
  • sarge634
    sarge634 Posts: 42
    Options
    yes my hubby knows my weight and even what size pants im in,weve been married 5 years