Married ladies....

Options

Replies

• HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Mine never did until a few years back. I had to have my appendix out and he was in the room when they asked me my weight for the medication. I think he was shocked - not because I had gained about 100 lbs when we got married, but that he didn't think it was that high. Little did he know, I had lost about 30 or so before that. He knows where I am now ... and the funny part is I am close to weighing less than him and that has never happened. Hmmm ... I wonder how he will react. :laugh: :laugh:
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Yep, my hubby knows about and is SO supportive of every pound that I lose, every workout that I finish. He reads my fitness blog, and it's hard to be this excited about living healthy and not share it with him. I'm trying to be a positive example and eventually motivate him without telling him he needs to start living better, too, so I keep him in the loop.

Last night we were at a friend's house, and he wrapped his arms around my rib cage, linked his fingers, and said "Wow, you really are losing weight - I wasn't able to do this not very long ago!" :happy:
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    my husband knows my weight (even when i was at my highest)
    he is very supportive and ask me how i did with my eating (but never mean if i go over. just reminds me tomorrow is a new day)

some times i have him read the scale for me, other wise it might take 3 or 4 times b4 i catch the number
    (since my big belly blocks my view, i either look to soon or to late) ..lol

but back to the orginal ?, yes my husband knows my weight .. i mean why hide it, he already knows what i look like naked ..hahahah
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm not married but my bf and I have known each other for over 20 years. He can guess my weight within 3 pounds. He's very observant.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my wife weighs but I always say 15 pounds less than I think just to be safe.

IME, it always better to underestimate than overestimate but either way you're screwed.

If you overestimate yoo are in deep poop and if you underestimate then she will say you are full of it.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Great post! :flowerforyou: My hubby of 18 years does not know how much I weigh. He has really noticed my weightloss and is so very supportive. He says he doesn't care what I weigh as long as I'm healthy and stresses that he doesn't want me losing my curves, he doesn't like skinny :drinker:

I'm too embarassed to say I weigh 200'ish pounds. I will share my weight when I get to my goal but until then it's a strong motivator for me to get to a weight that I'm proud to share.

Sláinte!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    He does now....but at my highest weight I never told him. I just told him a few days ago what my highest weight was.

Now...he has eyes and I'd bet he had a good idea..but I couldn't bring myself to say the number.
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My fiance knows, but only because we do our own Biggest Loser challenge, as well as MFP together. When we first started almost a year ago, I dont think he had a clue what I actually weighed. But, know when I tell him I weigh xx, he knows how much I lost. For instance this morning, I said I was 152.4, despite having a not so stellar meal at Chili's yesterday, and he knew that it was a 1/2 lb loss.

I think having your SO/family's support is one of the most important things during this journey.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    For a while, when both of us were using MFP, he was an mfp friend, and he knew for sure what I weighed. I'm happy to tell him if he asks, but he doesn't. It's not as interesting to him as it is to me, honestly, and isn't the number that interests him the most.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    He and I both weigh together and know how much we both weigh. Yep. We keep things out in the open, with pretty much everything.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Mine does, I've told him and he will occasionally watch me weigh. It's not a big deal for him to know that number, he sees me in all my glory so putting a number to what he sees isn't a big deal IMO.
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My hubby knows my weight, but it really doesn't matter to him. He loves me for me. I am less however than I was when I met him 15 yrs ago. I do like that feeling :)
  • drema2370
    drema2370 Posts: 21
    Options
    My husband knows, but could care less. He is supportive of my weight loss. He just tells me he loves me know matter what size I am and to do what makes me happy. He is a great sounding board and I am glad he encourages me to exercise and eat right. If I am late in going to exercise he will remind me lol.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I never kept what I weighed from my husband, but I never lived and died by the scale, either, so I didn't talk much about it.

I remember a little over a year ago, I was so excited on MFP the first time I hit the "if every day were like today" button and it showed that I'd be 140 pounds. I showed my husband the message, and he said, "Isn't that MORE than you weigh now?"
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    No and he always thinks I weigh more than I do...lol...and that I wear sizes larger than I do lmao...clueless.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Me & the hubs are on full disclosure. I even let him grab my tummy flab to feel how it is starting to separate from my budding muscles. We have always been VERy comfortable with each other and it makes things easier. Best wishes.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    He knows now because I am slightly obsessive over the scale being so close to my goal. Before he had no idea and he would never ask b/c you know having 2 kids and he was like as long as you don't lose your butt and your legs I'm okay. We have been married for over 10 yrs so I know him like the back of my hand.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    He does but only because I weigh myself all the freakin' time and report it to him...not sure he cares but I am sure he knows.
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband knows my weight and is being very helpful and supportive in my endeavor to lose the weight. I was 150 pounds when we got married but I was in a size 5 in jeans. I tend to weigh more then I look. Now at 169 (as of last weeks weigh in) he is being very supportive and keeps telling me not to worry about the number. He wants me to focus on getting to where I am happy with my body and the way it looks and not focus on the number on the scale.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    He knows the ballpark, and I always tell him if I'm up or down. It's not a secret.