Married ladies....

Options

Replies

• DavesKitten
    Options
    My husband knows about what I weigh, he doesn't care to know the exact number.
  • halierenee
    Options
    My boyfriend knows my weight, and celebrates every pound I lose. I know his as well, and do the same for him. We share everything with each other, so we might as well share a weight loss journey with each other too!
  • eleblanc999
    Options
    my husband had no clue how much i weighed until i got pregnant and he came to all my doctors appointments. then of course after i had the baby and was only going to lose weight, i figured... meh what could it hurt for him to know. so now i openly share my weight and goals with him :)
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    He has no idea. We've been married for almost 20 years. He hardly ever buys me clothes but when be does he gets a small, which I'm not. I just exchange them and have never corrected him. He's either really clueless or brilliant.
  • Miajulia
    Miajulia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been married 38 years, and my husband not once complained or said anything about my weight, I am about 100 pounds over what I weighed when we got married. It just sneaks up on you as you know.....but he has gained too. I am not happy with myself though and since I am planning a cruise in June, I want to feel good about myself. I don't think my husband knows I weigh as much as I do he hasn't asked, and I don't volunteer that info !
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Guessing your wife's weight?

I put that in the same category as asking a woman if she is pregnant or answering when a woman asks "Do these pants make me look fat?"

I become mute.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Nope. Been married 6 years and together 10!
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband knows what I weighed when I started MFP and he knows what I weigh now.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm sure my fiancé will figure it out eventually but I've never told him /shrug
  • McChubbyruewho
    Options
    yea I look like 50 pounds lighter then I am so I love bringing it up and watching peoples faces lol

my husband doesn't care, when I tell him in a way like " I WEIGH THIS MUCH!" he goes "I can lift you" lol it's a point of pride to him lol
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    He knows now but didn't when I was heavy. I was once really sick and had to go to the hospital. The dr. asked how much I weighed and I wrote it down because I didn't want hubby to know :/
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Maybe. It actually came up in a conversation a week or two ago. But I doubt he remembers. We almost never talk about that stuff.but he's been trying to be more healthy, even mentioned a pedometer today.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband knows my weight. He always has.

On a side note, I don't know how anyone can guess another person's weight. I have no clue what other people weigh or how to estimate that. I would probably always guess too low because my weight is low.
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My husband knows what I weigh now and when I started!
  • cynbreau
    cynbreau Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh HELL no :laugh:

Yes, this!
  • Swtmngo
    Options
    haha that's awesome! In answer to your question, yes! My hubs knows THE NUMBER... but only because I refuse to hide things out of shame anymore. I hid for so long and it's an unhealthy mindset for me so me telling him had more to do with allowing myself to trust him and to know I wasn't being judged. It was really healing and he is so loving and amazing that it didn't even phase him. :)
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Mine knows and he was surprised when I first told him my weight when I started out with losing. Now I tell him exact numbers when I lose and gain because it makes me feel accountable. He's awesome and supportive. I'm so lucky.
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My husband knows how much i want to lose... and he knows what my goal weight is... and he still cant figure out my weight :P
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm not married but I may as well be, my boyfriend and I have been together for almost 12 years :smile: He didn't know what I weighed when I started all of this but he does now, it was really hard for me to tell him, even though I knew it wouldn't matter to him. I cried when I told him because I never thought I'd get to this point, ever...but he's been my biggest cheerleader, not because he wants me to be skinny, but because he knows how important it is to me to be healthier.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've never told him but he probably knows since I write it on the calendar since I have been working in it. One good thing about having a 6ft 4 hubby built like a solid brick wall is he always thinks I am little next to him regardless of the fat. I am a smidge over a foot shorter. We have been together 22 years. I dont really hide anything.