Anyone else love hiking?

Options

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I love hiking too. I like to wear my headphones. I am always careful where I go because I don't want to get attacked. We have several stories in our area over the last 10 years of women being hurt by crazy, losers. Such is the situation in today's world.

Sorry, don't mean to be a bummer. Just be aware!

Don't you love when idiots ruin it for the rest of us? I never go alone! I normally go out with my Aunt. We work together which means it super easy.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    LOVE hiking!!! Weather is starting to get nice so can't wait to get back out there!!!!
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    I hike every day for atleast an hour in the woods right behind my house. I live in Southeastern PA, we have some smaller hills here, but I'm originally from North Central PA - big beautiful mountians!! Just got back from a weekend there, I hiked ALL day Saturday, climbed a giant mountain & saw beautiful scenery!! It was breathtaking. I not only love being in the woods, I NEED to be in the woods!!! I love the exercise, but it is good for my mind too!!! I walk almost everyday, all year long. I go in all weather conditions, rain, snow, cold, hot, I love it. Can't wait to get home today & head out into the woods even tho it's raining today.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Love it! I go out hiking almost every day. I live in Virginia, right along the border of Shenandoah National Park. :-)

You're so lucky! My husband and I eloped to a place near Shenandoah Park--near Culpeper. We did it so we could hike for our mini-honeymoon!
  • AmandaBroun
    AmandaBroun Posts: 126
    Options
    Sure 'nuff! I'm in upstate SC and we just got out this weekend and hiked this guy:

19979-tablerock_445x260.jpg
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Sure 'nuff! I'm in upstate SC and we just got out this weekend and hiked this guy:

Beautiful!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I like taking short hikes, I don't have time for the multi-day backcountry hikes. I'm surrounded by the Blue Ridge Parkway, Great Smokey Mountain National Park and Pisgah National Forest. Lots of places to take short hikes!

JM
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options

I'm in Western NC, and that looks really familiar, where is it? Looks like some of the stuff I see in Pisgah Forest

JM
  • AmandaBroun
    AmandaBroun Posts: 126
    Options

I'm in Western NC, and that looks really familiar, where is it? Looks like some of the stuff I see in Pisgah Forest

JM

It's Table Rock State Park, SC
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to hiking! I usually hike at least 2 miles a day but prefer 5-7. We also geocache while we hike as it takes us to places we have not previously discovered. :)
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I spend my life trying to fine any possible time to hike!!! Went 3 times last week, and hope to make it more this week!!

^^me too!! and all my vacation time and personal time! I live in flat *kitten* FLA where the hiking is pretty non-existent but I do hit the trails a few times a week. A few have mentioned it - but Maine is great and my sister lives in Washington so we always get some time in the Northern Cascades....and a friend just moved to Utah so I'm super excited to head out that this summer!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm a relatively new hiker in the bay area. I've been making it a point to go once a week, 5-7 mile hikes. I am working my way up to 10. I love it!

I did this hike yesterday: http://www.bahiker.com/eastbayhikes/mdsp/donnercanyon.html
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I get bored as hell just walking but put me in the woods and before I know it, it's 4 hours later!

A girl after my own heart!

I think I'm lucky. My family always went camping and hiking when I was younger so I think it's just part of who I am now!

That is me exactly, I was raised hiking and camping and fishing, can't imagine life without them.
    Me too! My son went on his first camping trip when he was less than 2 wks old. My granddaughter will be 7 weeks old on her first campout. :) I usually camp at least 6 weeks throughout summer. We hike, go mushrooming, antler hunting, geocaching and even go on trash pick-up hikes! It sure beats walking/running on the dreadmill!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Love Hiking! That was my first fitness goal getting into MFP : ) We didn't have to wait for the extra daylight hour (Arizona doesn't change time zones except for the Navajo nation). My profile pic is of a regional park about 15 minutes away from home. Love Arizona Hiking! We have so many different types of environments here! Still jealous of some of the other places you people have hiked!!
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes! Love hiking! I try to hike every day at lunch - it's the only way I stay sane at my job! :)
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I do!!!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I live on Oahu, and hiking is the best exercise I can get out here! Plus, the views at the top are always spectacular!
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Love, hiking hard to do as much as I would like with 4 small children though!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I don't do any heavy-duty hiking like in the mountains, but I enjoy walking trails.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    FYI there is a Hiker and Backpacker group here :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/564-hikers-and-backpackers