Anyone else love hiking?

Options
1235»

Replies

• smig72
    smig72 Posts: 26
    Options
    Before getting too heavy i loved climbing the Pennine hills here in England, the views were breath taking on a clear day, i look forward to climbing again....Soon!!!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    FYI there is a Hiker and Backpacker group here :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/564-hikers-and-backpackers

Thanks!
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    LOVE hiking! I'm much slower & cautious since a truly bad tumble on the trail two years ago, but I won't give it up until I'm forced to. Favorites are the high peaks in the Adirondacks, Zion, Bryce, the Tetons & Acadia. I would love to get to every National Park!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love hiking. I live in Oregon and the Willamette National Forest is my back yard. I am able to plan an all day hike that can end at a beautiful natural hotsprings.

Hiking, camping and soaking...great combination. Burn calories at the same time.

I'm in Oregon as well! Love Willamette Nat'l Forest! But my all-time fave hiking grounds are in the Bohemia Mountains, Umpqua Nat'l Forest.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sure 'nuff! I'm in upstate SC and we just got out this weekend and hiked this guy:

19979-tablerock_445x260.jpg

I'm in Western NC, and that looks really familiar, where is it? Looks like some of the stuff I see in Pisgah Forest

JM

Beautiful! I thought it looked like Pisgah too...definitely will add to my list:)
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to go hiking again. We've just started planning a trip up to the Porcupine Mountains in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Sometimes in the next few years I'm really hoping we can take the kids up to Isle Royal in Lake Superior. We haven't done that since before we had kids.

Love the U.P.! We've been to Isle Royale multiple times. LOVE IT! Not sure I'll ever hike it again due to a bad knee but I have wonderful memories doing the trail up to Mount Franklin. I may go up there again with the Kayaks.

I'm in the NW Lower Peninsula of Michigan. Plenty of hiking in my backyard! Hoping to do more this season!

We're way down near Detroit. We have to drive a long way north to get to the good stuff. :) It sounds like you're near my other favorite spots. We also love going over to the Manitou Islands. I've been going there since I was 6 years old.

-jd
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    LOVE to hike!!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see the post reach 4 pages!