T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team!! ~~~> Week 14

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    I am at my office and have been balling since I got here. One of my favorite clients died on Saturday in a small plane crash. He was only 30.. I'm so sad so sad.. I have known him since he was 20 and I wrote his very first policy. Uggg.. I just have to find the strength to call his Dad and Brother.. Well I thought it was going to be a bright day..

I am so tired of people dying!!! This is just horrible!!!

RIP Brent.. I will always miss you...

Anita
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Morning all! Another sunshine day here in Washington. It rained a bit last night, but so far it is looking sunny outside. Gonna hit the gym here in a bit. Called adopt4 to see if she wanted to go and guess she didnt get much sleep last night, so she was going back to bed for a little bit then we are heading to the gym later.

After that I am gonna hit the greenhouse again today and get some more veggies for the garden. I have some rubarb to plant and some strawberry plants to move around outside. I dont use bug spray or pesticides in my garden, so I plant things that keep the bugs away. My tomatoes are not looking that good. I think I may have planted them too soon and maybe it was too cold for them. They need the sunshine and lately all we've had is rain. Im hoping they perk up here soon or I may have to replace them.

Anyway....off to do my thing.

Indiana.. that is too funny about the drug testing at work. 8 years and nothing then POOF your number is called. TOO funny!

Kristi- I know the feeling. Maybe you can see if there is a consignment store in your area that carries plus sizes? Also, if you have a value village they usually have them. Cheaper, short term solutions are always a good thing.

Have fun ya'll
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Happy Monday all! Sounds like there were ups and downs in the Mother's day madness - Mine was great for the most part - there was a moment when I realized exactly why most animals don't mate for life and why many eat their young! But overall, VERY enjoyable. Went to see Star Trek - uber fantastic!

Indianagranny - I am tapping my slippered toe! However, I'm sure that by making sure you get your water in, you will do great - I have faith in you! BTW, love the new pics! You are looking mighty fine ~

Kristi - How nice of your mom! And sounds like you had a nice day ~ good for you. I'm sending you positive energy to help with the paper work - so you can get back to the "people"work!

Healthymom - You know, not only back-pat for the walk - but just as importantly, BIG back pat for getting your family to be active and participate! WTG!!!

Adopt4- We have, and we attend, pot luck get-togethers and love it - hubby really likes it cuz he's picky and he knows I'll take something he will eat! :bigsmile:

Li4g - love the fish pond ~ Wonder what they did all frozen under this winter?

Anita ~ Great attitude for a Monday - you definately get an "atta-girl"!

later gaters~
    lulu:heart:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    I am at my office and have been balling since I got here. One of my favorite clients died on Saturday in a small plane crash. He was only 30.. I'm so sad so sad.. I have known him since he was 20 and I wrote his very first policy. Uggg.. I just have to find the strength to call his Dad and Brother.. Well I thought it was going to be a bright day..

Anita

Hadn't read this post yet when I did the other post....

So sorry Anita ~ :cry: (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Jamie, I just noticed that your starting weight is my goal weight. And you are 5'9" and I am 5'10.5" So, possibly, I will have to adjust my goal weight... :grumble: when I get a little closer. Oh well. Right now, thats not really a pressing worry. More importantly ... CONGRATS!!! You are on the move!

Kristi - I am not sure if my goal weight is realistic for my body. Its more of a number for me. I'd like my scale to say that. :wink:
    I think I may need to adjust my goal as I lose more weight and get a feel for it. I want my body to look healthy and not overly skinny. You are taller than me! Wow! Maybe the team of traveling pants could work
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member

Anita
    Anita - Sorry to hear about this.....I hope you were able to get through the rest of the day. :heart:
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    I'm back...explanation of where I've been to follow...
    But first - Nitag - So sorry for what you're going through. 30 is way too young to leave this earth.

Anyway...Most(?)...Some(?) of you know that I have fibromyalgia, and last week was particularly bad for me, but I knew it would be...
    I'm generally okay if I pace myself - by either being semi-energetic for half a day, then resting...or having an energetic day followed by a rest day.
    No rest for the wicked last week.
    Way, WAY too much running around. Every single day. By Wednesday, I was getting through the days on automatic pilot...incapable of thinking clearly...
    BUT I DID GOOD STAYING WITHIN MY CALORIES!
    This week, I'm turning back into a hermit. Pacing myself. Getting some of my energy back.

This week, there is only ONE Doctor's appointment. No school plays. No half-day volunteering at the store. No forms to fill out and take from one destination to another...

Since I was last here, I know I lost a pound or two...
    I think it's 2???
    I'm down to 133 pounds.
    I'll check my BMI and see if that's changed...

I'm slow, but I'll get the stats and post them soon.
    Thanks for your patience, everyone.
    I missed you!
  • cyndeebee
    Okay...

Starting weight was 136. I think my last week's BMI was 25.4, and now it's 25.1.
    (If I lose one more pound, it will be in the top range of acceptable...:happy: )
    Which is okay, if I was "average" build...but I'm not. So in order for me to be healthy, I have to get closer to the bottom of the range...:ohwell: )

Oh yeah...This week's weight is 133 (weighed myself Friday).
    I'm doing my best not to get on the scales everyday. New for me, since I have a habit of weighing myself everyday...

How did everyone do, showing restraint, for Mother's Day?
    We went to a restaurant that is known for it's excellent food and huge portions, but I only ate half of my meal, brought the rest home for tonight. Kind of nice, since I get to enjoy it twice - and stay within my calorie limit!

stillkristi...Mixed blessing-bummer about the clothes. I, too, have a pile of "when I get thinner" clothes, and I'm guessing that when I can fit into them again, I'll look like I'm trying to dress retro...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Hey ya'll. Man I lost my motivation last week and of course part of it was being sick... today thanks to losing it I actually got to the gym (some days you need someone to drag your sorry butt there, thank god I have someone to do that). I did 45 mins of cardio, took it slow though because (1) I haven't worked out in nearly a week, didn't want to get hurt and (2) my joints are still really sore. Wonder if the flu which made my joints ache then made the arthritis flare up? So anyway I took it easy on the treadmill for 30 and the elliptical for 18. Lost track of time since we went so much later when I got home the bus was waiting with my son! NOT GOOD!! She was 5 mins early and of course I was 25 mins later than my comfort zone for being home. And I hit every red light. Oh well. She's a nice bus driver.

Because I've been eating too much junk and way too much food, I did something different for breakfast today - a protein bar, a fat free yogurt, and a banana. And I did fine with my workout. Tomorrow i have the trainer so I'll have to eat more carbs and protein, but for today, it was perfect.

Going to let the kids watch the movie "Bolt" before naptime, give me some time to catch up on everything. And to stretch, geez, everything is so tight!

Today I'm back on logging cals and making sure I eat within cals and drink enough water. No more late night bowls of cereal (Apple Jacks, even worse) and no more Pop Tarts (put them in the garage so I don't see them or think about them, my skinny son asks for them at night sometimes so I like to have them for him). But if they're out of sight then they're not a problem. Going to have a salad and a Weight Watchers meal for lunch, that should keep me well within cals.

Good job everyone and glad to know you're doing better, cyndee. And sorry about your client, nitag. That's terrible. And Jamie, yeah, I think you should adjust your goal based on how your body looks and feels... some people can wear more "weight" and look really good, but if they lose it, then they look bad, others are the opposite. I'm going to be figuring it out as I get close.
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Anita - Boy girl I am so so sorry for what you are going through. I went through this several years ago when my late husband was in a small airplane collision. It didn't kill him but it killed our best friend! who at that time in my life was my bosses' son. You have all my hugs today and my heart full of feelings. If there is anything I can do for you please please feel free to ask. Girl, you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers

Cyndeebee - welcome back
  • cyndeebee
    I'm just now backtracking and trying to catch up on what...and how...everyone is doing.
    adopt4...I felt bad that you didn't have a nice Mother's Day. You know, of course, that you deserve diamonds, flowers...
    Reading about Sheila's food when she was sick. In our family (my mom and I), we crave carbs like crazy, as soon as we start to feel sick. I always thought I was an oddball (my mom, too), but someone explained to me about the craving (and need) for carbs and fat when the body is sick. I was always kind of perversely jealous of people who'd get sick and couldn't eat. Me? I can gain 2 or 3 pounds with a bout of the flu.

I thought that my Mother's Day was a bit of a wash-out, too, but then I asked my mom and step-dad to go out for supper, so that was good.
    My son has promised me, for the past 5 years, that he'll be up for Mother's Day, but once again, he cancelled at the last minute. Grrrr...

My Mother's Day came today, though. Not from my son...
    I had a child when I was 17, she was put up for adoption...we reunited when she was 20. So now she's a lovely grown woman with 2 daughters of her own. We stay in touch, but we rarely see each other. Anyway........A parcel arrived today. Totally unexpected, since we don't exchange gifts too much. New silk pyjamas, a picture of my granddaughters, and the most beautiful card you've ever seen.
    I'd quote it here, but it would make you all cry...
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And my own Mother's Day tribute to all of you (belated)...
    Happy (Belated) Mother's Day to all of my female friends - whether they are mommies or not - because they are great and inspirational women. Bless you...
  • AJWaddlesOn
    AJWaddlesOn Posts: 39
    Hello team and congrats to everyone for a great week. Sorry that I have been absent but have been feeling a bit overwhelmes. Thanks to Kristi for sending me a PM- it lifted my spirits. It feels good to be missed. :smooched: The last 2 weeks have been a mess! Last week my hubbies grandmother went into hospice. :cry: She is a wonderful woman and it has been quite an adjustment. We are very close and my kiddos adore her. She lives about 4 hrs away so my hubby was gone this weekend to be with her. I had to work :mad: and stayed behind with both kiddos. I am overwhelmed with work right now and juggling the kids was a challenge. So being stressed, fatigued, and with PMS - last week was a food for all - good choices but BAD portions. I weighed Fri and was up a pound. That added to my funk as did working all weekend (Mother's Day) and hubby being gone. And when it rains it pours - I started with the stomach bug on Sat and TOM arrived on Sunday. Went to the Dr this AM for my hip and she put me on 10d of Naproxen, hoping it is just inflamation. Took my first Naproxen and it KNOCKED ME OUT! Woke up feeling like I'm hungover. Not sure I want to feel this way for 10d :noway: - but my hip isn't hurting. :drinker:

So there's my big sobbing excuse for not being around. Have been lurking but not posting. Trying to pull myself up and "waddle on".

AJ

LGI4G- Loved your quote this week: "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."~Ralph Waldo Emerson Gonna try and take this to heart! :heart:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    I've gotten through today but I am more pissed than anything. It appears that the pilot of the plane and all the passengers (5 all together including the pilot) all well known in this small town were at a branding party at a ranch near my bosses house.. They went for a plane ride and apparently the pilot did a lot of fly over's and a lot of fly by's where the party was at and don't know what exactly happened but he nose dived into the ground 100 ft from the house!!! Killing all 5 including himself.. I will keep an open mind until the results of the crash are released but I am mad as heck... I just don't think you horse around in a plane.. And I pray he wasn't doing that but talk is he was..

I've stayed on track today.. Have not had enough water but I am still working on that.. I need to work off some of this anger and can't wait to get home to do that.. i still have an hr and a half..
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Cyndee- Wow, what a nice surprise you got for MD. :flowerforyou: How sweet of her!

AJ- Im glad you like the quote. Everyone had a great week last week and it looks like that quote is needed this week. I know for me it is!! Sorry you are having a stressful time of things right now.

Nitag- wow...again... wow! Your family is in my prayers and I hope you get the answers that you need. Go walk off that steam!! Maybe do some kickboxing or Taebo??
  • Anita - so sorry to hear about the plane crash. It's aweful when one person's choices affect so many others. Glad you are trying to focus your anger on exercise instead of food!

AJ- we miss you! The quote worked for me Friday/Saturday as I went over calories and had no time to exercise. :explode:

cyndebee - God knows when to send someone else to fill a mother's day need. That package was so wonderful!

I was able to get my exercise today by raking the front lawn. My hubby is working later today and tomorrow so I have to be creative when it comes to exercise. (can't leave my daughter to go wogging, and can't take her with because she walks too slow!)
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    hello fellow p90xers
    mon
    75 pushups
    75 situps
    25 incline situps w 10lb ball
    40 110lb fly machine
    65lb bench press 40 x

40 15sec floor leglifts w 10lb ball
    40 20lb curls
    40 leglifts on bench w 10lb ball
    10min ellicpticil set at resistance at10 moved to13 with 30 sec left burned 129 calories started last week at burning only 101 wonder if possible to burn 200 in 10 min
    i think thats it
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi guys, checking in at the end of the day. Erin - wow man, you are a serious workout machine! Very cool!

Mixed bag today - great start of the day with good, healthy eating. Plenty of water - all good. Then, this evening, had some friends over, played guitar and sang old Beatles songs - very fun, again all good. Ate way too much Chinese take out! :sick: :sick: Not so good!

However, since the old body is not used to this, it is getting rid of it FAST! :blushing: So, maybe little damage done. And, since it is now 12:18 am - today is another day! :laugh:

Talk to you in the am!
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member

Anita

Hadn't read this post yet when I did the other post....

So sorry Anita ~ :cry: (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Ditto :cry:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team,

Anita - very very sorry about your loss..and my prayers are with you and those families.

Cidyee - glad to see that your back, sorry about your son... I have one of those too... but glad to hear her reconected with your daughter and your grandkids... that is so awsome..

AJ - glad to see that you have come back to us!!! we have missed you..

Indianagranny- that is funny that after you lose weight now they want to drug test you!! and only you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well Team I did a lot of running around yesterday... I am about to make you tierd.. I took my son to the dr. at 10:30 I went to my dads to weigh in after that which I didnt lose but I didnt gain either... (not Suprised with being sick and all). Then I took my son to get a bite to eat.. then I took him back to school.. then I went and got a pedicare and my nails done!! I got done just in time to make it to the gym by 2:30 I did the elliptical for my hour then I did some weights and then my 1 hour of water areobics.. so I was done at 5:30 showered and dressed by 6.. then on my way home I stoped and Taned for 7 minutes.. got home by 7 ate a quick bite then sat and watch bengermin button.. which was really good... then I watched dancing with the stars on fast forward LOL .. oh man i forgot i got my eyebrows waxed for the first time (damn did that hurt)!!!!!! lol then I went to bed about 1 am and now I am back up at 6 to take the kids to school and head down to the campground and mow the damn lawn...ha ha ha and de winterize the camper so my sister can go down there on the hoiday while we are gone... its 1 hour there and 1 hour back plus my chores while I am there... so see you guys to night if I am not pooped!!!! lol

sheila
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Im in the lead at the weightloss challenge. YAY.
    I was a lil scared there for a minute cause I was gaining a lil here and there. At yesterdays meeting I was the only one who lost weight. Im down 2 lbs since 2 weeks ago. I bought new clothes this week and I love being able to not squeeze in them. Time to redo the wardrobe. Hope you all are doin the same.
    I was in denial when a was getting out of a size 22 but not quite a 24. Boy does 18-20 feel great. My goal is an 8 or 9/10.