Food diaries: private or public?

Options

Replies

• kei_llew
    kei_llew Posts: 29
    Options
    Mines public.. Or friends only... i like to see what people think and hopefully they can give me opinions on where they think i have maybe gone wrong on that day.. also like browsing other peoples for meal ideas
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Mine's public so my dietician can see it. I hate writing it out on paper and MFP is so convenient as an app on my phone!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Mines public.. Or friends only... i like to see what people think and hopefully they can give me opinions on where they think i have maybe gone wrong on that day.. also like browsing other peoples for meal ideas

Exactly!!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    open, i look at other peoples diarys for ideas and don't mind people looking at mine :)
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Re- Samandlucysmum: I was certain my food diary was open, but you're right, it wasn't. Well, it is now :)
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I originally had my diary set to private because I was ashamed of the choices I was making, but then figured if I am going to get the most from this site I need to be held accountable. I also had the mentality that if I didn't log it, it wouldn't count but it showed up on the scale so I new I had to make changes now I am public and it has helped me to lose 35lbs.
  • superstankazz
    Options
    I wish more people (especially my friends) kept their food diaries open. I find it very helpful to see and compare what others are eating, especially the more successful losers. That's too bad that some people have experienced critical comments concerning their food diaries.
  • ashmhen
    ashmhen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too,

Helps with motivation even if no body looks
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open (I think it is open...) because I can't see a reason to close it. I don't mind if people want to look.
  • I keep mine open as i think there is nothing to hide in it. We are all in common form with same objective i.e. loosing weight and being open we might be helping others unknowingly, i might be getting info from someone elses diet, that will help me achieving my result faster....
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    Mine's closed because I use the notes section to keep track of my IBS symptoms - I really don't want the world reading about my bowel movements!

I don't read anyone else's diaries though, so it's quite fair.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I welcome constructive criticism (hey, I can use all that help I can get) and so far I haven't had anyone be rude/mean about what I've eaten. Though I'm in the "hey, why am I not losing as quickly as others" club.

What she said ..i just switch from private to public..but i have been eating junkie food but it will stop one day ...plus i am always under my cals 2 why not!
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends...not sure if it's open to the public...my reasoning is that I want women to know that you do not have to eat <1200 cals a day to lose weight. I think so many women fall off the wagon from starving themselves...I want them to see you can eat 2000+ calories a day and still lose weight!

And FWIW I've never had anyone comment that I eat too much...I've had them indicate surprise when they see the scale going down but always in a nice way.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, and so are most of my friends.

I always read theirs before commenting, and love finding delicious food ideas.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends, and I like to see their diaries to see how they are going, the food choices so I can get some ideas, and so on. If a diary is closed that is someone's own business, but having mine open means that people can pick up if I am having any bad choices or whatever.

I have picked up some ideas along the way - one being that people who drink lots of water seem to lose a lot of weight; processed foods seem to slow weight loss down; that sort of thing.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    mine is open to friends, Its nice to share food ideas to my MFP friends
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. I don't keep mine open to the general populous of MFP because I'm not really looking for feedback or input. I reached my weight loss goal several months ago, and am now in maintenance mode.

I usually eat 2200-2500 calories a day, so I really don't think my diary would even be helpful to people who are still trying to lose weight.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Public because sometimes I need the extra advice to help with my journey. Or sometimes I just need my freinds here to tell it like it is and get my eating habits back in check.
  • Snapplejac
    Snapplejac Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks, didn't know you could do this :)
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Mine's public so my dietician can see it. I hate writing it out on paper and MFP is so convenient as an app on my phone!

What she said ^^^^ :-)

But I also like to look at others, not to critique, but to get food ideas! Sometimes I run out of ideas on what to eat.