Anything that you have cut out, thats helped with weightloss

Options

Replies

• lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have cut out bread. not for any dietary reason or any feeling that' its necessarily bad but because i eat it
    mostly toasted and slathered in butter + honey / nutella/ peanut butter
    and the calories add up very quickly for a snack so I have stopped eating it ( 90%) and as a byproduct I have stopped eating nutella
    I am trying to cut out ice cream ( another major weakness) but so far I'm just cutting down on it.

Reading the posts made me think I need to cut out crisps (that are not a single serving) as I can quite easily consume vast quantities with no thought I am going to forbid myself from buying any packet (inc multi packets) that are designed for more than one serving.
    I am not going to cut them out completely because this is not meant to be about deprivation just developing a healthier attitude a Balanced diet and control (no bingeing)
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Got rid of diary and my tummy has thanked me :)
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    alcohol and fastfood
  • jenae2
    jenae2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have cut out all processed carbs.. eat nice and clean. No bread, pasta, rice. No Cool Drink, no SUGAR or processed carbs. Natural all the way and I can't believe how good I feel. Good luck with your journeys everyone!
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've cut out bread and pasta, but still have rice and potatoes, so not cut out carbs all together.

I've also cute out cakes / biscuits / chocolate etc and will limit them to very special occasions, family members birthday / Easter / Christmas etc.

Sweet things, bread and pasta are my biggest weaknesses!
  • angbrown626
    angbrown626 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the belly smart "diet" from Jorge Cruise, it is a low sugar plan and I love it! The biggest thing I had to cut out was milk, milk is a great source of Calcium but is also full of sugar....just a thought for any of you that are interested
  • Crimson_
    Crimson_ Posts: 60
    Options
    i got rid of food containers that were too big, portion control is key for me, eating the right amount at the right time.
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I no longer drink coke (or other soft drinks) and have switched to water. I tried some coke the other day and it tasted absolutely awful, soooo sweet. I have also cut down on my chocolate intake as well as I could not previously comprehend the term 'moderation' when it came to chocolate (2-3 bars a day) and I am now down to a bar every 3 or 4 days.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have cut out sodas. Not sure if it's helped with my weight loss, but it certainly hasn't hurt. I haven't had one in about a month and I really don't miss them. I mostly drink water and green tea now.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have cut out eating everything in sight and now stick to a moderate calorie deficit. I don't eat liver and onions, but that is because they are nasty, not because I think it will help me lose weight.
  • saralhm
    saralhm Posts: 26
    Options
    I have cut on soft drinks and diet fizzy drinks too...somehow diet cola made me really hungry after drinking it :( so lots of water and coffee in the morning and one before work in the evening :) I can not cut on bread or pasta,but i try to have smaller portions
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a particular food group I've eliminated, but one thing that has made a difference is virtually eliminating eating after 7pm. Evening snacking accounted for a lot superfluous calories. Instead I have unlimited mugs of herbal tea, and occasionally a hard candy.

I still eat bread, pasta, rice, etc. but those are the foods I weigh/measure most carefully to limit quantities.
    I drink far less pop now as well. Probably just a diet coke a couple of times a month.

^ This
    I've also cut out "estimating" my food weights. It turns out that I've improved my estimating abilities, but I know I tend to under-estimate. I now weigh my food at home.
    My husband started bringing a little digital scale out with us. At first I was embarrassed, but now I use it too. We take it if we have lunch at the local bakery and weigh our focaccia! (We don't take a scale to fancy restaurants.)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    No bread, potatoes, rice, corn, pasta....

I can tell if someone has prepared their foods with any of these items because of the physical flare ups my body feels.. Im going through that right now and it hurts like hell.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Milk!

Drink almond milk for a week!
    Its awesome!

Oh!

And breakfast!

Cut breakfast and sleep in!

www.leangains.com
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Diet soda, meat, crystal light, junk foods (ice cream, chips etc), most dairy
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't think that cutting something out of your diet is really that difficult or laudable - it just isn't there anymore. The difficult trick is to incorporate all foods into your diet and have self-control and discpline enough that you don't allow them to master you and your body any longer.
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Cut out completely:

Refined sugar
    Soda (diet)
    fried food (sautee in a little olive oil is OK)

Mostly cut out but still do/eat occasionally:

eating out on weekends (whenever possible)
    bread (Nature's Own whole grain occasionally. 50 cal/slice)
    pasta (still have maybe once per week, but in small portion)
    booze (had none for the first month. Now, maybe 1 drink every 7-10 days)
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    alochol. Of course. Although I have lapses.
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've made the following changes:

1) Cut out chocolate (I gave it up for Lent, but I'm considering making it a permanant change!)
    2) I no longer eat bread (I initially switched white for whole grain or granary wraps, but have since stopped eating it all together and have wholewheat crackers of oatcakes instead.)
    3) I try to make sure I get at least 5 portions of fruit and veg every day.
    4) I drink at least 8 glasses of water every day (usually 12 to be honest!)
    5) I have switched to wholemeal pasta and only eat half the portion size I used to.
    6) I move with purpose. I no longer saunter or mosey along, I now stride out everywhere and walk a lot faster than I did before. I've also started taking part in mini daily challenges to get me moving more.

Doing all this I'm 14 lbs lighter than I was 2 weeks ago when I joined this site! :)

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump