Anything that you have cut out, thats helped with weightloss

Replies

• I have cut out soda (regular and diet) and fast-food take out! It seems to be working.
  • jared767
    jared767 Posts: 76
    Diet. I cut it out. It didn't work for me.
  • kyrakoala
    kyrakoala Posts: 32
    I try to stay away from heavily processed foods (pre-packaged snack cakes, soda, fast foods, etc.)

I need to cut out more sugar, but its a struggle.

Other than that, I eat almost everything (bread, cheese, meat, and lots of veggies) because I believe that balance is key. Also, I've learned that if I tell myself "You can't have ______!" it just raises the probability that I will fall off the wagon and binge.
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    IMO, moderation is the key. I haven't totally cut out anything, as long as it fits into my calories for that day...! Granted I am more consious of sodium, sugars, fat grams, etc......but I don't feel deprived and am still losing. I exercise 6 out of 7 days too.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Been cutting out excuses. helped me alot. Like a boss!

But seriously, cutting out on eating out has helped me alot. I literally have to struggle to fill my calories alotted because when I eat home cooked meals (and delicious ones mind you!) I can stuff myself and still have low calorie food

This! This whole week I've been cooking and stuffing myself with fruits and veggies and I'm struggling to hit 1200 let alone my 1500 alotment.
  • onono
    onono Posts: 25
    I cut out condiments like tomato sauce and mayonnaise and lost about half a stone in 2 weeks
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    fast food, peanut butter, chips
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    I haven't neccesarily cut anything out per se, but it's more what I've added: way, way more veggies, fruits, smarter carbs (whole grains; no bread WITH pasta: choose one; etc), leaner protein (still eat beef and pork, but will choose fish and chicken several times a week). Everything in moderation!! :)
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    I have cut out all processed carbs.. eat nice and clean. No bread, pasta, rice. No Cool Drink, no SUGAR or processed carbs. Natural all the way and I can't believe how good I feel. Good luck with your journeys everyone!

I think this is the way to go too - going to start clean eating from now on, trying to read as much as possible on this subject.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    I only drink water, I gave up all soda in October and was drinking sugar free drinks (crystal light, diet green tea, etc) then I researched what sweetners do to your body and I gave it all up to. Anything with splenda, sweet n low, equal, truvia etc in it I gave up. It made a huge difference in how I feel, my skin, my daily BM, everything. Now I crave water and have to have it all the time with me.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    all fast food
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    FAST FOOD & SODA!

I do have an occasional soda but My Goodness i feel so much better without that trash in my body!!!!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    I have cut out soda drinks and juice. Every once in a while I'll have a diet soda, but I can't even tell you the last time I had a regular soda. They make me feel like crap and my digestive system totally backfires.
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    french fries, greasy fried foods, i try to stay away from the carbs even though i eat a little bit every day. i try to eat a lot of protein and i try to only eat food that will make me full, and/or give me fuel and energy.
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Just recently I have stopped mixing fats and carbs (other than veg/salad) at the same meal, stopped snacking, stopped eating processed foods. I feel miles better.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Take aways (Dominos was on speed dial) and alcohol!
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    I cut out Pepsi for a while, and it helped tremendously. I struggle with it, but I will also go days without it. Usually on my cheat day I will have a little.

Other than that, I haven't cut out too many things. I am trying to substitute some things that I love with healthier choices. But before I decided to lose the weight, I didn't eat enough or frequently enough. I could go all day without eating and not be hungry. Also, I have a "sit all day" joy, and that I will do. lol I know that in order to lose weight, you also have to eat and in moderation. So, with the help of mfp and my friends here, I am eating, exercising, and losing weight.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 678 Member
    Fast food, soda and bread. Took me a long time to cut out soda because I am not a diet soda fan, so now I just drink water and if I do have a soda craving I usually stick with diet dr. pepper, Dr Pepper Ten or Coke Zero, they do no have the after taste that alot of diet soda's do
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    I have cut out Pop. Went from drinking a 2 liter a day to none...So proud of myself. The biggest change I have noticed is the swelling in my legs has receded. If I had known a year ago what I know now I would have cut it out a whole lot sooner!

I still have a 20 oz diet occasionally but no where near what I used to drink!
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    I haven't neccesarily cut anything out per se, but it's more what I've added: way, way more veggies, fruits, smarter carbs (whole grains; no bread WITH pasta: choose one; etc), leaner protein (still eat beef and pork, but will choose fish and chicken several times a week). Everything in moderation!! :)

^^ This