Anything that you have cut out, thats helped with weightloss

Replies

• Charles4308
    Charles4308 Posts: 2 Member
    Where did you hear that bread stays in your system for 3 months?
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Fast food, most things that come in a box (no mac n cheese, hamburger helper, etc... overly processed stuff in boxes), non diet soda (I hardly have diet soda anymore either), fried food, veggies that aren't steamed or grilled...

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    No, I eat everything that I love in moderation. Your body will adjust. If you cut it out all together.......you will have to reintroduce it slowly back into your body later on.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    I dont drink regular milk - I drink Almond Milk (unsweetened because I have to limit sugar)
    I dont eat processed or white carbs - all my carbs come from veggies and whole grains. No potatoes, white rice, sugar, etc. I do eat fruit but have to watch my intake (lots of sugar)
    I drink WATER - at least 80oz per day. I have a cup of tea or two in the morning and sometimes one in the evening but mostly I drink water.
    I do not drink soda of ANY kind. Ever.
    I never eat anything fried.

..... anymore

Before this I was under 1500 calories a day and was not losing weight. I have been doing this for three weeks and have lost 10lbs.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I haven't cut out anything, but I have cut back on a lot of stuff. I don't eat bread or pasta very often anymore, an I rarely eat fast food or fried food anymore.

It is possible to be healthy without cutting something completely out of your diet.
  • juliespears
    juliespears Posts: 25 Member
    Amen to clean eating! I cut out soda 3 years ago, and recently tasted some cola. YUK! I couldn't believe people like that stuff! Just proves to me how badly processed foods and chemicals muck with our bodies. My tastebuds are now so sensitive and I really enjoy eating fruits/veggies in their natural states again. Same with whole grains and fresh herbs. I've never felt this good in all my 47 years! Training for my first half-marathon, doing Insanity, and heavy weights, too! I worked out with my 71 year-young dad a couple of weeks ago, and he couldn't believe all the stuff I could do!
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    I've cut right down on sugar, cut out take-aways and alcohol. I'm working on cutting out refined carbs (have switched to wholemeal bread)

Finding it hard to cut out pasta and rice though as my fiance always buys the white stuff and won't eat wholemeal. (i don't cook separate meals for us. cant be bothered lol). I am cutting down on these though by just having a smaller portion than i would have had before.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    I cycle my carbs. Pretty strict Adkins/Paloe M-F, Carbs are allowed on Saturday, Sunday is for getting back on track. Works wonders for me.

The Paleo aspect to my Adkins implementation keeps me away from _any_ processed carbs on weekends.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    No, I eat everything that I love in moderation. Your body will adjust. If you cut it out all together.......you will have to reintroduce it slowly back into your body later on.

Not saying anything negative about not cutting things out. But, for me, I don't plan on reintroducing the things I've cut out... ever. I don't even want a lot of the things I used to eat anymore. The smell driving by fast food places makes me nauseated even though it used to have me wanting to stop to get my grub on.
  • mhoadley
    mhoadley Posts: 27
    I stopped drinking Diet Pepsi over a month ago. I was so horribly addicted to it. I have found that life without Diet Pepsi is freat! I feel so much better now, my mind is clearer, I feel that I can accomplish anything, my body is responding to the positive changes and stress of exercising. I had not switched over to regular soda or any other drink. Most of the time I drink water, 99%. However 2 weeks ago I had half of my fiances soda. I ended up gaining 4 lbs :( Then this last weekend I had half of another soda, same thing, 4 lb gain. then the pounds go away. So I have decided nothing but water for this girl!
  • dawnlgreen
    dawnlgreen Posts: 23 Member
    definitely soda!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    White bread (tastes like glue if you chew it slow). I now eat whole grain bread.. sparingly.
    Cheese! I've really cut back on that.. it was a favourite snack.. a slice here, a slice there.. ended up eating 2 pounds a week! Yikes!
    I now use low fat cheese on cheeseburgers and fajitas and tacos.. but that's about it; and enjoy low-fat cottage cheese weekly (but maybe two cups per week).
    Chips.. don't miss.. Pop.. defintely don't miss.. grocery bill is lower.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Dr. Pepper :(
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Processed food. Any type of sugar (unless it is from fruit or veggies). Soda, dairy, starches.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    I've cut out nothing. absolutely nothing. Everything in moderation!

The only thing I won't touch is regular soda, just because I don't like drinking my calories, but everything else is fair game. :happy:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    I don't cut out anything.

I NEED to cut out alcohol though because I know it is affecting my weight loss (and health).
  • soda and a bunch of junk food..
  • I lost a lot when I cut out fast food/takeout.
    So yeah, but cutting out a meat every few moths(at first it was beef, then turkey, then pork, and so on...) helped me drop 100lbs. Im not vegetarian yet, but Im getting there and the health benefits out shine the weight loss! WAY TO GO with the bread! THATS AMAZING!!!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Chocolate, fizzy pop\soda, alcohol and take away. Also I've added lots more fluids. Always helps! X
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    I have all but eliminated processed food from my diet. There are a few exceptions, but I focus more on getting the flavors I'm craving through sources that are organic, or that have a very short and recognizable list of ingredients. Re-shifting my focus in this way has made me a much more mindful eater, which has had a significant impact in my weight loss so far!