Anything that you have cut out, thats helped with weightloss

Options

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Since January 3, I have not had:

Soft Drink - I could have easily drunk a 2 litre bottle of Coke in an evening. Bought a bottle of Coke Zero, had 2 mouthfuls and threw the rest away. Now I love water and if I want the bubbles I have sparkling mineral water or soda water with a hint of lemon.

Hot Chips - Used to have a few on the side every lunchtime

Chocolate - I work at Cadbury so am surrounded by it and could easily have 2 bars a day without even thinking about it. Who would not want to eat free chocolate??

Cadbury?:noway: Working at Cadbury would be the death of me. I turn into a wild hog around Cadbury Creme Eggs!
  • sbourden
    sbourden Posts: 2
    Options
    this is only my second week keeping track on my diet, and the very first things i cut out were soda pop and fast food. i lost 5 pounds my first week using this site, and i have to say, i think that ditching the 4-5 cans of pepsi a day probably contributed a LOT to my weight loss the first week! :)
  • mariodispenza
    mariodispenza Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Very simple rule by the late, great Jack LaLane: "If man makes it, don't eat it." That includes any alcohol except a glass of wine. If you follow that rule as best you can, you'll find that all of your food is non-processed and therefore low glycemic.

I gave up alcohol, two years ago and athought I admit that I miss beer on a hot day, that feeling doesn't compare to the feeling I have from 10% bodyfat at 49 years old.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sugar, White flour. If I only have 1200-1400 calories I don't want to be putting junk into my body. I try to eat nutrient (i.e.. vitamins and minerals and enzymes) dense foods. I have a lot less pain and definitely more energy!
  • Jess11079
    Jess11079 Posts: 26
    Options
    fast food and/or any pre packed pre made foods.... take the time and make everything fresh....lots of veggies and lots of water

Dont deprive yourself you can have almost anything in moderation so go ahead allow yourself bread or rice or pasta....just keep it whole wheat and only yourself to have one of those items 2 - 3 times per week

Thomas' has 110 cal whole wheat bagel things, Sara lee has 80 cal whole wheat hamburger buns and there are a ton of breads that are low cal and taste great......also, nearly every brand of pasta has whole wheat pasta, garden delight pasta is great as well and go for brown rice....just make sure to stick wth the portion size
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    When I do eat bread, rice, pasta, etc. it is whole grain and the number of times I eat any of those has dropped. Plus I eliminated alcohol during the week. I'll have wine now Friday night or Saturday and it's only a few glasses; not the bottle!! lol
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have cut out all grains, alcohol and starchy foods. I feel fantastic and have SO much energy!!! At age 42 and 16lbs down, I'm finally starting to recognize my body again! :happy:
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    The only thing I cut out is processed pre packaged foods. Otherwise I just eat less of the stuff I've always eaten.
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    And don't forget to cut out the sugar too!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Dont deprive yourself you can have almost anything in moderation so go ahead allow yourself bread or rice or pasta....just keep it whole wheat and only yourself to have one of those items 2 - 3 times per week

Thomas' has 110 cal whole wheat bagel things, Sara lee has 80 cal whole wheat hamburger buns and there are a ton of breads that are low cal and taste great......also, nearly every brand of pasta has whole wheat pasta, garden delight pasta is great as well and go for brown rice....just make sure to stick wth the portion size

Moderation does not apply to everyone.... for me, I dont feel like ending up in the hospital over the whole 'moderation' concept... lol
  • jessicas0215
    Options
    I had to completely cut out soda. I don't drink diet soda anymore either.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything I have eliminated entirely, but I have significantly scaled back on diet soda, artificial sugars, alcohol, and white flours. No more unlimited portions, either.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I've cut out the idea that I have to cut out anything. I try to maintain my sodium at an acceptable level, but I eat what I want when I want within my calories. 70lbs in 7 months, and I'm not yet a raving lunatic craving everything in sight.
  • oldancer
    oldancer Posts: 3
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything, but I have cut back on a lot of stuff. I don't eat bread or pasta very often anymore, an I rarely eat fast food or fried food anymore.

It is possible to be healthy without cutting something completely out of your diet.

I love your philosophy and the fact that, noticing your recorded loss, it's obviously worked for you. Any time you deny yourself something, you becoming susceptible to falling off the wagon hard. I'm a "vege-holic" but even following the five (FRESH, unaltered,) fruits or vegetables every day guidelines, myfitnesspal tells me I'm over my sugar limit. I think one of the best things to do is just be cognizant of what you're putting in your mouth: check the nutritional value and the negatives--and don't feel compelled to eat it just because it's there and there's not enough to save for leftovers.
  • tamnih20
    tamnih20 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    All soft drinks -- Havent had a coke since December 31st and cut back on fast food restaurants ...
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    soda, pop-tarts, donuts, etc.... I also stopped eating sandwiches. I will have a sub now and then, but that's all.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Where did you hear that bread stays in your system for 3 months?

Thank you, Charles! I was reading every post to see if I was the only one who noticed that ridiculous:noway: part of her topic! Seriously, where do people come up with this BULLSH!T?

:noway:
  • sparkly96
    sparkly96 Posts: 120
    Options
    I dont think i can say i've cut things out of my diet, i have substituted things.
    Instead of regular white bread products i eat whole grain breads, weight watchers breads, 100 calorie sandwich thins and bagel thins.
    I use all reduced fat or fat free cheeses and i use laughing cow cheese wedges in place of regular cheese blocks. When i eat pasta i now use whole wheat or Ronzoni Smart taste.
    I also cut down my portions and now eat regular sized portions and never go for seconds. I dont eat regular desserts either and any dessert i eat is a 100 calorie snack like hostess crumb cakes or a weight watchers ice cream bar but rarely allow myself to use more than 200 calories on a dessert.
    I've always loved my veggies and ate them but now i just eat more of them. I dont use whole eggs in an omelette anymore either and have switched to egg whites but i do have whole eggs for breakfast or lunch abotu 2-3 times a week.
    One thing i didnt or couldnt give up and didnt want to give up was my coffee with creamer. On a daily basis i use a low fat creamer and sometimes treat myself to 100 calorie non fat latte like Starbucks makes.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, juices, honey in my tea and cut back (not eliminated YET) and eating out.
    I found that I hit a peak when I first started. I noticed that though my calories were ok by sugar was crazy! Added that to my diet and I'm loosing again. :)
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Just the amount of food and frequency of eating junk... But hey ho, we all knew that anyway!

I never drunk full sugar soda drinks because they make my teeth feel icky! I also switched sugar to sweetner in my tea and coffee (except espresso) and to sugar free syrups and skimmed milk if treating myself to a coffee in Starbucks or similar. Still as delicious. Also, opting for the smaller portion size... costs less too! Makes you sip and savour so you don't guzzle for the sake of it!