St Patrick's Day and BEER

Options

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Thanks for the input guys. Myself, I'll be indulging in:

Innis & Gunn (ANYTHING of theirs, except their Blonde)...their rum cask stuff is AWESOME!
    Young's Double-Chocolate Stout
    Guinness Draught (of course!)
    Dragon Stout (from Jamaica....can't remember the brewery)
    Eggenberg Doppelbock Dunkel

Not ALL of the above, but my few will be from the above selection ;-).

New Holland's Dragon's Milk
    New Holland's Pilgrim's Dole
    Ayinger Celebrator
    Paulaner Salvator

Does anyone have the beer app untappd? We can be friends!

I will have to check for that App... but I do like to keep my beer Irish on St.Pats. Love to find some Murphys Stout on tap. Maybe a Harp or Smithwicks or too....

but what I do not endorse is the black and tan... best way to ruin a good Guinness.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thinking about going to the bars at 9am

Yes!!!! Hahaha. that's the way to do it! ;-)
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    we have a parade at 11am, then the partying starts. unless you go for breakfast before hand. the good news is that the entire town is one giant party, so i'll be literally walking miles. i'm not too concerned about it! have fun, get drunk, get home safe. that's my plan! :drinker:

One giant town party!? That sounds KILLER! :-D
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Thinking about going to the bars at 9am

Yes!!!! Hahaha. that's the way to do it! ;-)

The Blarney Stone in Downtown Manhattan is open at 7:20 when St.Pats is during the week... so I have heard...:drinker:
  • shonora
    shonora Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Can I ask where the " Saint Patties Day" day saying comes from I'm from Ireland ive lived in Dublin all my live and have never heard St Patricks Day called that before Patty is short for Patricia which is a Girls name and St Patrick was a man!!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I try to be really careful on days I know I am going to drink. And I have found a new affinity for Bud Light platinum. About two...and I'm done.
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    Can I ask where the " Saint Patties Day" day saying comes from I'm from Ireland ive lived in Dublin all my live and have never heard St Patricks Day called that before Patty is short for Patricia which is a Girls name and St Patrick was a man!!

We're American; we ruin everything. :wink:
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 10K in the morning. As for the rest of the day I don't have any plans. Probably no beer for me.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm totally cheating (but it's not really cheating if your PLANNING the cheating, right?!?!). I LOVE beer...and parades...and drunk Irish guys...no way I'm missing out on all that fun!

OMG I LOVE drunk Irish guys!!!! :love: :drinker:

haha, trust me, you wouldn't love him so much when he comes home wasted and reeking of alcohol...then you have to sleep next to him and whatever "odors" his body releases all night. haha! but yes, he can be pretty fun and lovable while getting to that point. lol. I'm hoping my Irish guy doesn't get *too* drunk this year.

I am madly in love with an Irish guy...and don't mind his occasional drunken schenanagins. He makes me giggle. And the foul odors come with the territory...and don't make me love him any less. :heart: :love: :drinker:
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options

As someone born and raised in America, but raised in a large Irish family, I also wish people would stop calling it St Patty's day. If you feel the strong urge to celebrate it by blowing your diet you should probably understand the history. Paddy is short for Patrick. St. Paddy's day. Please.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    To respect my Irish heritage I plan on drinking whiskey, singing, and mayb even fighting...then drinking and singing some more with the person I just fought with. LOL

It comes once a year. I be goof this week, get in a good trail run that morning, and then attack the festivities with a vengance!

For me it's:
    Kick off: Jamesons Distillery Reserve on the rocks
    Jamesons 1812
    Firestone brewery's Velvet Merlin (it tastes like a Guiness, if Guiness were actually good)
    Close it down with Union Jack IPA as the eve wears on.
  • tippytoes01
    Options
    Drink Guinness!! It's the perfect Irish beer and is suprisingly lower calorie compared to some beers!! May as well drink something that tastes good if you are going to drink beer :) About 200 calories for 16 ounces.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am screwed. That is my 30th Birthday and I am heading to San Francisco to celebrate. No diet for me that day.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Beer is essential, and I refuse to give it up because I'm trying to lose weight. I enjoy it too much. However, I only have it once or twice a week, and usually no more than 2 (I like real beer and am not going to drink Michelob Ultra or some crap, so 2 is a limit necessary for calories as well as to avoid intoxication!) so it's pretty easy to build it into my daily allowance. I've never had a green beer, though. The colour-- preferably a dark amber-- has always been a part of the experience for me. St. Pat's might call for a Guinness...
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I will be drinking beer. Lots of it. I will probably go for a run Saturday morning but not enough to counteract the calories from beer.

This is your life......... so if you want to drink beer - JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) I am not going to give up things I love like the occasional pizza, beer, burgers whatever it may be.

I really do believe in working out hard and enjoying foods you love in moderation!

But.......... to each their own! :drinker:
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    People who think that Light beers are better for you are wrong. You are better off having a full flavored craft beer than a Bud, Miller, Coors Light beer. Those have so many adjuncts in them, including fructose corn syrup, that you should avoid them at all costs.

Quality over quantity!

Sound advice!!! Cheers :drinker:
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Options
    Beer is essential, and I refuse to give it up because I'm trying to lose weight. I enjoy it too much. However, I only have it once or twice a week, and usually no more than 2 (I like real beer and am not going to drink Michelob Ultra or some crap, so 2 is a limit necessary for calories as well as to avoid intoxication!) so it's pretty easy to build it into my daily allowance. I've never had a green beer, though. The colour-- preferably a dark amber-- has always been a part of the experience for me. St. Pat's might call for a Guinness...

Oh you people are so smart!!!! The advice can't get any better than what is on this thread!! :drinker:
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Options
    I'm totally cheating (but it's not really cheating if your PLANNING the cheating, right?!?!). I LOVE beer...and parades...and drunk Irish guys...no way I'm missing out on all that fun!

OMG I LOVE drunk Irish guys!!!! :love: :drinker:

haha, trust me, you wouldn't love him so much when he comes home wasted and reeking of alcohol...then you have to sleep next to him and whatever "odors" his body releases all night. haha! but yes, he can be pretty fun and lovable while getting to that point. lol. I'm hoping my Irish guy doesn't get *too* drunk this year.

I am madly in love with an Irish guy...and don't mind his occasional drunken schenanagins. He makes me giggle. And the foul odors come with the territory...and don't make me love him any less. :heart: :love: :drinker:

Hate to break it to ya...it's not just the drunk Irish guys that stink!!!! :tongue:
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am screwed. That is my 30th Birthday and I am heading to San Francisco to celebrate. No diet for me that day.

Go to Pyramid Brewery!! Heck go to Triple Rock or Jupiter Brewery too!!1 YOU ARE LUCKY!
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I won't worry about calories.

To be completely honest, the night will probably end with some serious puking.