Replies

• HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Me toooooo. :((
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I usually don't post to zombie threads, but I had this even when I was really thin (5'7", 120 pounds) and I have it after a bulk, but not nearly as bad now at all because I 1) strength train and work my core; and 2) stretch my iliacus and psoas muscles regularly.

Google stretches for the iliacus and psoas, and do this frequently. Obviously, you need to couple these stretches with a calorie deficit and regular strength training, but it will improve posture and improve the alignment of the hips and lower abdomen to make it appear flatter.

Strength training made my abdominals more pronounced and my upper abs didn't look so caved in. It also improved my lower abs and pulled everything up tight. Stretching the iliopsoas also allows the abdominals to contract better during exercise.

Awesome advice!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Always had a b tummy even at my lowest weight as a teen. It got worse after a twin pregnancy and a c section. I was super fit 5 years ago but still had it so I am resolved that it is just the way my body is shaped. My mother and super thin sister are the same shape. I have lost weight again and am now regaining my level of fitness. It is now a joke that I have my six pack back but have a bag of chips to go with it :). It is a work in progress.
  • babyoyster
    babyoyster Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have always had a "B" stomach. In fact, I remember once in 5th grade, someone was jump-roping and her shirt came up and she too had this problem and my friend said (completely horrified), "Oh my god she has a double gut. That's disgusting!!!"

I have been horrified and ashamed of my body every since. I am still working on it, but I think with enough weight loss, it will (hopefully) go away!!

PS - most people (even skinny people) have a little "pouch" under their belly button. Why? A section of intestine pokes out right there!!! So that may never go away completely. But it may be less dramatic with weight loss.

Wow, I would have been horrified too.
    I have always had a "B" stomach. In fact, I remember once in 5th grade, someone was jump-roping and her shirt came up and she too had this problem and my friend said (completely horrified), "Oh my god she has a double gut. That's disgusting!!!"

I have been horrified and ashamed of my body every since. I am still working on it, but I think with enough weight loss, it will (hopefully) go away!!

PS - most people (even skinny people) have a little "pouch" under their belly button. Why? A section of intestine pokes out right there!!! So that may never go away completely. But it may be less dramatic with weight loss.

All the women in my family have that. My sister is really skinny but still had it so she had lipo. I had vaser lipo two years ago to change the shape.

My mother is tiny and really fit but still has it unfortunately.

Sometimes I feel like maybe one day I'll have to get lipo too but I hope I don't have to go that far. Maybe after I have a baby I will. Who knows.
    My "B" turned into a "b" and then turned into a "l"

Just hang in there, you're correct, spot reducing doesn't work. Be patient and stay on track, you can do this!

Thanks Lucky, I hope I can be that lucky if I just keep at it too.

Just hang in there, you're correct, spot reducing doesn't work. Be patient and stay on track, you can do this!

• babyoyster
    Options
    I have a horrible B-shape belly and I tried different ways to figure out why, and I think I got the answer, and would like to share.
    Yes it’s partually becux sometimes you got fatter but you wore the same pants, ate a lot and sitting for the entire night, or simply just becux you sit a lot at work, etc.
    But ultimate reason boils down to the muscle inside your belly, if you google, there are different sets of muscles underneath. And if you sit too long all the time, and being sedentary, the fat starts to accumulate around your
  • babyoyster
    Options
    Your navel. More and more that “pouch” became more dominant and obvious. Losing fat can fix this 75% but won’t be 100% if you don’t try to relax and loosen up those tense muscle underneath your belly. You have to massage it and do a lot of exercise to stretch those muscles. Cobra in yoga can help, bridge can help. You just have to focus to length those muscles. I’m working on it and the pouch is smaller now. Then you need to build nice muscle around it so you are filling the “space” of fat with muscle. Fat is soft and can’t hold the form. By doing this, you can also protect your spine better. People with “collapsing” belly are more prone to having herniated disc and lower back pain. I’m one of them. So what I am doing now is now for esthetic purposes only. I want to train my core to protect my spine and the by-product would be a nice ab too! I hope by sharing my own experience, I could shed some lights to those who are also troubled by this! :) Stay healthy everyone!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    attack of the necro thread?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    That is the very last place the fat leaves. Therefore the B shape is the most common and a perfectly flat stomach is quite rare.
  • babyoyster
    Options
    It’s not just about fat, that’s my point.
    @ OneBryteSmile: try to hug your knees to your chest. At this position the muscle tension around your navel should be minimum. Then you can feel the tendons, massage it. My physio taught me and it helped. After the tension is less, it’s much easier and enjoyable when doing all sorts of stretching. I’m just sharing how I got rid of my b-shape belly, apart from dieting and exercising. The result is quick if you do it every day.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    If i remember this thread it was B shaped vs. D shaped not B vs flat. . It was just for people to say how they store belly fat.