girl's confident in her body == slutty?

Options

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have honestly never once seen a complaint either from another guy or a lady about any picture a man has used as an AV here.
    That should pretty well answer the question.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I once posted my *kitten* on here..am I a slut too? And when I say *kitten* I mean no underoos or nothing on...
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between being confident and being slutty.

There is also a difference btween taking pictures to show off your accomplishments and simply seeking attention.

Its called having respect for yourself not to let the world see it simply bcuz you think its some form of confidence.
    Your body is meant for you and the person you want to share it with.

Not the internet.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yep, I really don't get why it is ok for a guy to post pics in shorts, while a girl in sports bra is reported...
    It's defenitely doublestandard and it bugs hell out of me...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Not the internet.

What if the person I want to share it with IS the internet??
  • DietingMommy08
    Options

Not the internet.

To bad the internet is NOT a person.
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    I think confidence is a great thing and I've not been offended by anything I've seen here. I will say that there can be a difference between being and looking confident and taking it too far. Case in point, the lovely Rhianna the other day wore a top that you could see all her boobs in. I mean everything. That's too much and danced into inappropriateness. JMO.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between being confident and being slutty.

There is also a difference btween taking pictures to show off your accomplishments and simply seeking attention.

Its called having respect for yourself not to let the world see it simply bcuz you think its some form of confidence.

Not the internet.

Thank goodness you are here to police us all and let us know when we're being too slutty for you... sheesh...
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

Not the internet.

i have PLENTY of respect for myself, as well as my husband. i'm confident and proud of myself. my body is meant to share with whom i see fit. not who YOU see fit.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Not the internet.

To bad the internet is NOT a person.

Oh, aren't you a peach!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I once posted my *kitten* on here..am I a slut too? And when I say *kitten* I mean no underoos or nothing on...

i think i would rather see the underoos. not that i want to see that other than your *kitten*, but underoos are SO cool.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I saddens me to see women be so hateful towards each other. I'm pretty sure we are all here to actively improve our health and overall aesthetics.

I'm a huge advocate of " if you've got it, flaunt it". If this philosophy isn't to your liking, why not just keep it moving? I fail to see the need for a person to go out of his/her way to report people who are merely trying to exhibit their favorite features.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Wooowww i was just voicing MY opinion which is exactly what the OP asked for.

Idk why you all think im taalking directy towards you...

Get over yourselves. Lol.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Not the internet.

This is just your opinion. I think the human body is natural. Everyone has one. They don't look all that different when it comes down to it. WHY would it only be for me and my spouse? It IS me. Clothing is the weird, unnatural thing.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    If you've never been called a slut online or offline, you're doing it wrong.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I agree that some women's pics that are posted that are showing how hard they worked to get those abs that are then reported because someone found them to be 'offensive' is absurd.

She isn't showing camel toe, or bum crack...if she was then I would say 'that's offensive'.

People need to chill out, some people like to show their bodies, and good for them, I'm offended by all the religious material that litter my doorstep...can I report them?
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Haven't you heard? The term "slut" has been redefined:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fZK75pXLlbY
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options

hrm. i also burlesque dance. for real live people. ah. apparently i have no self respect and it's ~not~ confidence. got it. check.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    People showing off their bodies doesn't bother me so much as when a person loses a ton of weight and all of a sudden everything they own has to be revealing. I get that we are working hard for our nice, skinny bodies, but discretion is never a bad thing either.

I don't think wearing plunging to the navel and slit up to the crotch clothing is appropriate at your work place. Wear it out at night and show off that hot body! But at work, at a kid's function - sometimes these things just aren't appropriate. Ya know?

I think if you all want to post pics on here that show that beautiful toned skin, GO FOR IT! I know that if I ever get to where some of you are at - I'm going to be posting pics with a lot more skin than I do now. haha
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It's just as easy to hit the back button as it is to hit the report button. I may find some people slutty, annoying, attention seeking or whatever but reporting them? No way! That's arrogance in the extreme: 'I don't like it therefore no one else should see it'.

You have great legs BTW
This discussion has been closed.