Options

Replies

• rockinsue285
    Options
    AND FOR WHY?
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Dont give up. What has been great for me was I allowed myself 1650 calories, however I burn 450 calories working out, putting me at 2200ish. as long as I stay with in 200-300 calories I've been doing pretty well. However, things like alcohol, soda, deep fried foods, caffeine, and fatty dressings I avoid at ALL costs. So far I've lost 30lbs in 7 weeks. I'm not starving myself or over working myself too much.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Do you know you have put this down in such a simple way to understand and beleive me I appreciate it and appreciate too that you can see that some things work for some maybe not for others, so far im loseing, appreciate it may slow down and may have to change tactics but at the moment im never hungry and have more energy , I dont deprive myself anything if I really want it but maybe eat less of it .
    I am so grateful that you have just laid things out in such away that IS straight forward without having to pull me up on things like my spelling , grammer etc,
    I will certainly think about things you have said .

Many thanks

I'm glad it helped.
    My other bit of advice: ignore the posts that aren't helpful and respond to the ones that are. If you bite back, then people will keep playing.... as they have in this thread. It is a valid point that it's so much easier to read messages that aren't all in CAPS and that have a bit of punctuation. I have moments of being a grammar nazi but I appreciate that everyone has different skills and backgrounds and if they have a genuine question I will try and answer it.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    IM NOT ARGUEING WITH EVERYONE CAN SEE VALID POINTS OBVIOUSLY WHEN IM SAYING THIS IM BEING IGNORED SO ONCE AND FOR ALL I see there are tidy peeps on here who want to help and I will take on board what the genuine peeps have to say but those who just want to ridicule me thats different, to those who are genuine I THANK YOU SINCERLEY, to those who think im argementive then they just dont know me and to those who want to just attack peeps with their pathetic pics etc why do you bother , youre clearly just going round topics to insult and undermine peeps and that purely is just not right. To those who clearly have only read part of the posts and therefore dont get my point well IM SORRY YOUVE GOT THE WRONG IDEA OF THE SORT OF PERSON i AM
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    thats what ive been doing just getting fed up being told eat your cals when I cant eat more than im eating,

Calm. You do not have to eat exercise calories back. No one said you have too. There is no LAW that you have too here on MFP. You either do or you don't. No one cares if you do or don't. If you want to eat more, then you have the exercise calories to back you up. If you don't, well you have left over calories. If you don't want to eat more than you're eating. Do. Not. Do. It.
    I know that was a little mean, but there are sooo many threads of this. Bottom line: You don't have to eat them back, no matter who tells you.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories back. I would never lose weight that way.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    BTW OP, to quote, you dont need two posts. Just click quote, then type your reply after the quoted section.

The simple fact is when you lose weight, you lose both muscle and fat. If you, as i assume you do, want to lose fat and keep muscle, you need to work those muscles. That way you'll minimise muscle loss, and maximise fat loss.

Exercise has far more benefits than simply burning cals. Your whole health will get better. Depends why are you doing it, and what is most important.

If you really dont mind losing muscle, then carry on as you :)
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    exactly and if im not hungry im not hungry thought the idea was to burn more than you eat, its very discouraging when your loseing and seeing eat your cals etc
    thats the way this site was set up. i eat up to 2500 on my exercise days, and i still lose more than a pound a week.
    too big of a deficit isnt good - why dont you try eating just a little bit more every day?

It's not just about eating back your calories or not, it's also about making healthy choices in what you eat. I see some people here that have horrible eating habits and eat high fat, hight sodium food and think it's ok. You will be losing weight but your arteries will be clogged up and on your way to heart attack.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    think a lot of you are missing my point I do not and never have sat on my bum, I linedance twice a week , have 6 kids, 8 grandkids so always doing something, I DONT WANT TIO BE SITTING ON MY BUM BUTTOCKS OR WHATEVER, last year I was a size 10 about 9 stone, thanks to meds I GAINED WEIGHT but have lost 9lb in 2 weeks just saying that whats the point of anyone exercising if just gonna eat those cals, its a personal choice and for that reason I get fed up with peeps harping on about eat more cals all the time infact it actually makes me feel like giving up, I would never keep on at those eating their cals and more infact it would be very unkind to do so, for those who are genuine in their replies whether I agrree or not I thank you for those who make sarky comments or add stupid images well I thank you too for showing me whether fat thin or whatever im a neicer person.

FROM now on my diary goes into hiding and I wont bother posting anything as feel some just use these topics to just have a go at others

I am not trying to be rude, but I still don't understand what you are trying to say. This is your life and your journey. Do what you want and the way you want to do it. The forums are what they are and are probably not going to change. If hearing things like "eat back you exercise calories" bothers you then the forums/this site may not be the best place for you to complete your journey. That is what this site is built around.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Personally -

Lose Weight in the kitchen.

Get a hot body in the gym.

I dont' want to be skinny but weak. I want to be hot, firm, and fierce. I "diet" ( for lack of a better term ) to get skinny, I go to the gym to get healthy.
  • KatKatatrophic
    Options
    D*mn thing posted twice.
  • KatKatatrophic
    Options
    think a lot of you are missing my point I do not and never have sat on my bum, I linedance twice a week , have 6 kids, 8 grandkids so always doing something, I DONT WANT TIO BE SITTING ON MY BUM BUTTOCKS OR WHATEVER, last year I was a size 10 about 9 stone, thanks to meds I GAINED WEIGHT but have lost 9lb in 2 weeks just saying that whats the point of anyone exercising if just gonna eat those cals, its a personal choice and for that reason I get fed up with peeps harping on about eat more cals all the time infact it actually makes me feel like giving up, I would never keep on at those eating their cals and more infact it would be very unkind to do so, for those who are genuine in their replies whether I agrree or not I thank you for those who make sarky comments or add stupid images well I thank you too for showing me whether fat thin or whatever im a neicer person.

FROM now on my diary goes into hiding and I wont bother posting anything as feel some just use these topics to just have a go at others

What it seems like is you're egging people on. You're typing in all caps, you're yelling at people, YOU are the one making "snarky" remarks, and people are biting back. Go ahead and hide your diary, or bother posting, no one really cares what you do, basically we're trying to help you. And some people are being mean because you have that I-Don't-Care attitude. You created the topic, so it's not our fault that you're being this way. Really, it's a sob story that you're posting. If you don't want to eat your exercise calories back, then don't do it! You don't follow what people say anyways, why start now?
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Exercise is good for everybody. I would like to add that typing in all caps is the equivalent of shouting/screaming at folks and you surely are not the sort who would do that so I just wanted to try to help you.I try to focus on what topics help me and I ignore the other ones. Hope things get better for you soon! Have a great day!
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You tell people here to stop being snarky, yet you're basically yelling at us.....
    Not to mention you complain that people make comments on your diary, yet you're commenting on how people eat over their calories.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I like to sit on my bum, but exercise is also good for my general fitness and wellbeing.

SAME!! I'm a lazy *kitten*, so of course I like sitting on my bum, watching anime and doing basically nothing. Unfortunately, that will not earn me good grades in college, that will not get me a job, and that will not really help with my overall fitness. We all have to make sacrifices. :flowerforyou:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You tell people here to stop being snarky, yet you're basically yelling at us.....
    Not to mention you complain that people make comments on your diary, yet you're commenting on how people eat over their calories.

Yup.

pot-kettle-fat.gif
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Personally -

Lose Weight in the kitchen.

Get a hot body in the gym.

I dont' want to be skinny but weak. I want to be hot, firm, and fierce. I "diet" ( for lack of a better term ) to get skinny, I go to the gym to get healthy.
    ^ This.
  • rockinsue285
    Options

What it seems like is you're egging people on. You're typing in all caps, you're yelling at people, YOU are the one making "snarky" remarks, and people are biting back. Go ahead and hide your diary, or bother posting, no one really cares what you do, basically we're trying to help you. And some people are being mean because you have that I-Don't-Care attitude. You created the topic, so it's not our fault that you're being this way. Really, it's a sob story that you're posting. If you don't want to eat your exercise calories back, then don't do it! You don't follow what people say anyways, why start now?
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    not writting in caps deliberately if I type a capital at times forget to put it back to lower case, I am not a nasty person and their are only a few on here I have a problem with but then others jump on the band wagon, im not egging peeps on, im not an argumentative person, its not a sob story , ive been judged and found guilty on a innocent post, dont know what ive done to you personally but if the amount of peeps on here were in reality having a go at one person in the street or in school would be classed as bullying, im just saying what works for me its not for all of course not and I have taken on board what the decent ones have said infacyt ive had some lovely private messages
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    Hey Exercise is good for everybody. I would like to add that typing in all caps is the equivalent of shouting/screaming at folks and you surely are not the sort who would do that so I just wanted to try to help you.I try to focus on what topics help me and I ignore the other ones. Hope things get better for you soon! Have a great day!
This discussion has been closed.