may as well just sit on my bum

Options

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You can proofread your post before you submit it. That will help with the grammatical and spelling errors. If you are using Firefox or Chrome, there is a built in spell-check as well. I hope that helps.

Good luck to you with whatever you are doing.
  • rockinsue285
    Options

Also my mind runs quicker than my one hand typing is able to type so errors in grammar etc are made

I'm sorry if you already covered this, but what is your other hand doing?
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    rididled with arthritis cant use it
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    proof reading etc, sorry didnt think I had to
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

I see, sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better for you.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Apolgies to those who have offered kind and meaningful advice as I do appreciate it but to be honest some are just here for the mickey take and like I say many are doing the same on other topics too, either way ive certainly learnt my lesson not to post anything or ask anything again well not until my grammer etc improves and I can post animated pics
    I'm routing for you and your team Sue:flowerforyou:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Got it.
    Thanks for answering, and congrats for finding out what works for you. Sharing helps others but your intentions were not clear in the beginning. Mine often aren't, so I just wanted some clarification.
    :smile:
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    proof reading etc, sorry didnt think I had to

It would help you not appear to be simple.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    SIMPLE

I do not eat my exercise cals

I do not want to

I am loseing weight

I am fit

I do not see why I have to eat my cals, however if im hungry I certainly would

WHATEVER i AM DOING IS WORKING FOR ME

I in general get fed up of being told all the time to eat my cals ive gained as the whole POINT FOR ME is to burn cals eaten

OR I may as well just sit on my bum ( which i COULD NEVER DO OR WANT TO)

Also my mind runs quicker than my one hand typing is able to type so errors in grammar etc are made

Allllllllrightly then... if you're happy and what you're doing is working - go for it. It's your body and your health and your life and you are the only one who knows what is working for you.

But, just a comment - if you ask a question or post an opinion on an open internet forum... you're going to get people responding. If that's not what you want... I don't know what is?
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    SIMPLE

I do not want to

I am loseing weight

I am fit

I in general get fed up of being told all the time to eat my cals ive gained as the whole POINT FOR ME is to burn cals eaten

Then why not just not read or post threads about eating exercise calories? If you want to use the site differently than it was designed, you are absolutely, 100% free to do so. Nobody can make you do anything.

And if your friends are looking at your diary and yelling at you for not eating your exercise calories even after you have asked them not to, unfriend them.
  • rockinsue285
    Options

I see, sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better for you.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    thanks, had it a long time now , family have a history of it, take pain killers and that normally helps but some things CANT DO WITH RIGHT HAND
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    SIMPLE

I do not want to

I am loseing weight

I am fit

Then why not just not read or post threads about eating exercise calories? If you want to use the site differently than it was designed, you are absolutely, 100% free to do so. Nobody can make you do anything.

And if your friends are looking at your diary and yelling at you for not eating your exercise calories even after you have asked them not to, unfriend them.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    Sorry what do you mean by differentley to what it was designed?
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    SIMPLE

I do not want to

I am loseing weight

I am fit

Allllllllrightly then... if you're happy and what you're doing is working - go for it. It's your body and your health and your life and you are the only one who knows what is working for you.

But, just a comment - if you ask a question or post an opinion on an open internet forum... you're going to get people responding. If that's not what you want... I don't know what is?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

MFP is designed for you to eat your exercise calories back, as other have explained. The calorie deficit necessary to lose a healthy amount of weight is already calculated into your goal. When you exercise, you increase that deficit to a possibly unhealthy level. Eating your exercise calories allows you to maintain a healthy and moderate deficit for losing weight.
  • susannamarie
    Options

It was designed to set you up with a specific calorie deficit and have you maintain that exact deficit by having you eat more if you burn more. It wasn't designed to have you exercise to increase your calorie deficit. But you certainly don't HAVE to use it that way.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I think people just get riled up because you made a statement saying that eating your exercise calories back is like sitting on your bum. It is not. As stated, there are many reasons to exercise hard, and basic physiology and biochemistry knowledge supports eating back your calories. Your body NEEDS the fuel to run efficiently, build muscle, improve metabolism/endocrine systems, and maximize cellular energy pathways. The statement, as you wrote it, is misinforming others on the site who may actually be looking for proper answers. Yes, there are those who chose not to exercise or eat back calories in order to lose weight. This is a decision that one can make depending on their goals, and I don't fault them for it. But a blanket statement, like you made, is just incorrect. Best of luck on your journey.
  • susannamarie
    Options
    By the way, just so you know -- you can write underneath what you're quoting instead of just reposting the quote.

Just start typing after the last [ /quote]
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    Dont mind anyone making their points but making sarky comments or posting animated pics of people banging there head is not particularly helpful or constructive and draws away from whatever point they are trying to make. Ive said a few times that I appreciate the sincere peeps on here whether I agree or not
This discussion has been closed.