may as well just sit on my bum

Options
what is the point to exercise if you have to eat the cals burnt back?, may as well sit on my bum, do nothing and enjoy the cals

Replies

• zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    what is the point to exercise if you have to eat the cals burnt back?, may as well sit on my bum, do nothing and enjoy the cals

Yep, may as well.

May as well lose all muscle mass.

No benefits to exercise at all. Enjoy the couch.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to eat ALL the calories back. Just stay above your minimum. Let us know what's on telly tonight.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Some days I exercise so that I have a greater calorie allowance with which to play. (If I exercise away 400 calories, I can eat up to 1600 calories, and STILL have the deficit mfp builds in? BONUS!)
  • rockinsue285
    Options

Yep, may as well.

• WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Last time we had a thread like this, it went on for 20 pages of people ranting about the pros and cons of eating your calories back.

Bottom line: Do what works best for you. If you dont want to eat back the cals, dont!
  • angeleyes2u78
    angeleyes2u78 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged.. I dont understand it all either.... but I just keep diong it... one day it will all pay off and we will be healthy and happy...' you are doing great... keep teling yourself that....
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-kill-me-now-29c55f.jpg
  • rockinsue285
    Options

Yep, may as well.

• rockinsue285
    Options
    actually I DO EXERCISE, EVERY MONDAY AND TUESDAY LINEDANCING, in between I do strength exercises infact eveey day, exercise bike, walks etc, just cant eat all the cals back and with 6 kids, 8 grandkids I wouldnt kno whT ITS LIKE TO BE GLUED TO A couch
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    You don't HAVE to eat ALL the calories back. Just stay above your minimum. Let us know what's on telly tonight.
  • christinerush
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I am struggling to eat the set calories, let alone the extra ones from exercise, so trying not to think of them and get as close to the set ones as possible!:smile:
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    Last time we had a thread like this, it went on for 20 pages of people ranting about the pros and cons of eating your calories back.

Bottom line: Do what works best for you. If you dont want to eat back the cals, dont!
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    thats what ive been doing just getting fed up being told eat your cals when I cant eat more than im eating,
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options

This is actually a great training regimin for preparing your bum for the long hours you'll spend in the waiting room of your doctor's office.

You exercise for your health and well-being. You eat to provide your body with good fuel.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I am struggling to eat the set calories, let alone the extra ones from exercise, so trying not to think of them and get as close to the set ones as possible!:smile:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Options
    In as few words as possible...

Imagine you've got enough gas in your car to go one more mile.

The nearest gas station is exactly one mile away.

Do you take the shortest route or do you zig-zag all over town?

You take the shortest route because IT TAKES MORE GAS TO GO FURTHER.

And just in case that completely evaded you, let me explain that GAS=FOOD and DISTANCE=ACTIVITY.
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    exactly and if im not hungry im not hungry thought the idea was to burn more than you eat, its very discouraging when your loseing and seeing eat your cals etc
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Options
    banghead.gif
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I never eat all of the calories back.. it's too many and I would have to stuff my face to get close..

but nothing beats a balance series of meals and a solid exercise regimen. Not even the couch
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    exactly and if im not hungry im not hungry thought the idea was to burn more than you eat, its very discouraging when your loseing and seeing eat your cals etc
    thats the way this site was set up. i eat up to 2500 on my exercise days, and i still lose more than a pound a week.
    too big of a deficit isnt good - why dont you try eating just a little bit more every day?
This discussion has been closed.